I wonder why the teams are so unbalanced ?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

zukimik #1 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55290 battles
In the last month while i started playing the game again i noticed that the teams are unreal unbalanced, i mean 8 out of 10 games end up: 15-2, 15-3, 15-4, 15-5, no matter loose or win the score is the same. No a single game is more than 5 minutes, all of them are under 5 minutes, so in 15 minutes of time for one game we actually play 3 games, so it means i will fire 3 times more premium ammo. I can't find another explanation for this and i not talking about having a bad day ... this is happening every day since i restarted playing the game. I really don't care that much but still, is this the new gameplay ?

Edited by zukimik, 19 April 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Stat_Padder #2 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37874 battles
I get this with 40% and low 50% players on my team...

zukimik #3 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55290 battles
Dude every single day is the same ... the score 15 -5 at best and the game last for little more than 4 minutes at least since the Progetto campaign started i played mostly tier 10 and same story at all tiers ...is kinda boring honestly after the first 10 games i get bored and quit the game ... not fun at all, you either struggle to squeeze one more shot of damage in a defeat or running like a mad man to reach the last enemy tank to make more damage in a win and this is happen day by day bay day for over a month. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postzukimik, on 19 April 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Dude every single day is the same ... the score 15 -5 at best and the game last for little more than 4 minutes at least since the Progetto campaign started i played mostly tier 10 and same story at all tiers .

Tier X is bad due to the event. As everyone is trying to do the missions for it. And most HT's don't want to kill the ppl giving them damage blocked etc. So I see to many Maus and Type 5 tanks with zero damage done there now with sub 4K blocked. Because they don't fire until they have 4K+. So that.... is mostly due to that event more so then skill. That and tier X population is higher then normal. So you get more pure tier X games. And they have always been "terrible" in their own way.

On lower tiers it's due to a different issue at times more so then.. skill if you will.  As you said, you need to run like a mad man to reach the enemy tank to do damage. And that's why class balance is a big factor that might help reduce it. WG have already done some changes to the MM with regards to this... in terms of guns. Like you have a top tier with a clip gun, they get one to. Issue is. Mobility is not one of them that they look for.

Most of the 0-15 games I have seen the past few days is simply down to how your team disperses and reacts. You have a 3 man Type 4 platoon. They ofc go the HT line along with your tier 7/8 HT's that are not as mobile either. Enemy team has a T-10 platoon and more mobile mid and low tier HT's. But they all go the medium line. Your HT's won't be able to react or do any damage before all your med flank is gone at that point. Thus steam rolls. And that's how most of the steam rolls I've seen of late are. Not because your top tiers were terrible. But because vs the mobility the enemy top tiers have that they use aggressively. They don't have the speed to react to it. Sure most steam rolls are because your team just were bad. But most of them.. it's down to not be able to react. And mobility is something I want the MM to "balance" for. Not just guns like they do now.

adameitas #5 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61105 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

game simply changed. Now games ends faster bc of gold ammo is now more or less most used ammo type in game, so we get less bounce and so on. And main reason why score is mostly 15-5 or 5-15 is mix of really bad balanced maps (few maps became a bit better with HD but far not all) and tanks. So on more or less every map we have the "better" side and team with/with more "better" tanks.

In last year WG gave us 3 fixed aspects of this game: reworked MM, balanced tanks, reworked maps. And they failed in every of them..

They gave us new MM if before it we often were raging seeing mm in loading screen (the only t8 in t10 battle and so on) now on some tiers we can start raging before pressing button "battle" bc we already know that we gonna be bottom tier.

They balanced some tanks and then released brutually OP higher tier tanks that again brought buffed lower tiers to stone age. Not even talking about new MM, or some stupid buffs like 140 and so on while some other tanks were just forgotten (t34-2).. 

They gave us new maps. But most of them still are bad or more or less didint change at all. Also they still left in high tiers such "boxes" maps like Ensk or Mines..

all in all they fixed some things but same time broke another leaving many of those changes if not pointless then far from being as effective as it could be. And on top of that wg introduced really bad tradition - made gold ammo as one of the most important balance factors. This already turned in huge problem and in future situation will get even worse.

Edited by adameitas, 19 April 2018 - 11:50 AM.

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41005 battles
The changes in the map design especially flattening has made vision control a lot more important. Once key areas are taken then landslides can quickly happen. As the players get more use to the maps the games will probably start lasting a bit longer.

Windstorm was also removed and I recall that being a map that usually had extended battles due to the design.
Fjords is now ( terrible ) over quite quickly imo.
Abbey has been ruined with the rework of the centre and can end quite quickly with one flank collapsing under sheer weight of numbers.
Fishersman bay and erlenberg can be over quickly due to noob heavies suiciding a rush to the village/castle while being sniped.

Wg need to put more cover in the "death zones" they have in the centre of most of the maps.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 19652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRati_Festa, on 19 April 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

The changes in the map design especially flattening has made vision control a lot more important. Once key areas are taken then landslides can quickly happen. As the players get more use to the maps the games will probably start lasting a bit longer.

Windstorm was also removed and I recall that being a map that usually had extended battles due to the design.
Fjords is now ( terrible ) over quite quickly imo.
Abbey has been ruined with the rework of the centre and can end quite quickly with one flank collapsing under sheer weight of numbers.
Fishersman bay and erlenberg can be over quickly due to noob heavies suiciding a rush to the village/castle while being sniped.

Wg need to put more cover in the "death zones" they have in the centre of most of the maps.

The problems i see are that more players move into former deathzones that are still deathzones or worse....useless zones where they just as well not be in the game because they can't control the game from where they are. Many yolotrains to spots that were uselss before and just as useless now. Players not going to spots where the fights happen resulting in a loss of map control....many games where over 75% of the map was unoccupied or not covered by line of sight. More tanks have been bunching up at one spot lately it's difficult to see the individual icons even on an enlarged minimap as i use because they are on top of eachother. No wonder they eff up the game because they are standing on eachothers feet. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 19 April 2018 - 12:57 PM.

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35842 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

one of either of these reasone

1.  WG does not listen to feedback

2.  Wg does listen to feedback and deliberately does the opposite or deliberately chooses to make the game worse as a reward for caring about the game

for 2 a few examples,  skill MM give us ranked battles total BS

bigger maps, give us 30x30 grand battles on a slightly bigger map, total failure

better MM give us 3/5/7,  total failure

remove arty, no make is more accurate, faster reload and a full BS stun mechanic

balance the tanks, oh dear

change ammo/armour balance so armour relevant and pressing 2 key is not pay to win, now its balanced so its pay to do damage  

its wg. is Russian mentality and ultimately it will self destruct

Mike_Mckay #9 Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17862 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
The thing is you get the same type of results whether the teams are balanced or not, its just a LOT more frequent when they aren't

In the last few days I have had a few games now where one team has every, or almost every player with a 50%+ win rate and the other team had either nobody above 49/50% win rate or just one or two. Those games are a foregone conclusion from the outset and aren't enjoyable whether youre on the winning or losing team IMO

You still have the same type of roflstomps when the teams are balanced too but then its more of the exception rather than a near 100% rule

But as so many "good" players cry like babies at the thought of having to play equally skilled teams or having stats they cant pad so easily that I doubt it will ever change

Mike_Mckay #10 Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17862 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 19 April 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

one of either of these reasone

1.  WG does not listen to feedback

2.  Wg does listen to feedback and deliberately does the opposite or deliberately chooses to make the game worse as a reward for caring about the game

for 2 a few examples,  skill MM give us ranked battles total BS

bigger maps, give us 30x30 grand battles on a slightly bigger map, total failure

better MM give us 3/5/7,  total failure

remove arty, no make is more accurate, faster reload and a full BS stun mechanic

balance the tanks, oh dear

change ammo/armour balance so armour relevant and pressing 2 key is not pay to win, now its balanced so its pay to do damage

its wg. is Russian mentality and ultimately it will self destruct

Its all subjective

I would like teams to be "balanced" but not ranked, just something like splitting the players into 3 groups of poor, medium and good then just putting similar numbers of each into each team

Ranked is fine as an "opt in" if you want to play it, but I wouldn't want it to be the default, I would just prefer both teams to at least have a chance of winning in every match instead

Arty I don't mind, its an interesting dynamic to the game, but maybe a maximum of 2 per game would be better

And personally I MUCH prefer the 3/5/7 to the old system where you could often find yourself as the only bottom tier tank in a match which isn't so bad for fast tanks, but sucks if its the only bottom tier heavy or breakthrough TD

As for bigger maps nah, some are perhaps too small for high tiers where your maximum view range almost lets you see one end of the map from the other, but ones where your entire view circle is less than a quarter of the map I think are fine for a 15 vs 15, so having the 30 player large maps as a separate opt in is fine too

And there is one part of the problem, although to you what you think might "feel" like some universal viewpoint it wont be

The second part is that WG has its own idea of what they want the game to play like, and until the revolving door players start to dry up theyre unlikely to really pay much attention to their customers views or opinions

ThinGun #11 Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33526 battles
What does it matter what YOU consider to be balanced?  Overall you have a 50% chance of winning every match - sure, some are 60 and some are 40, but in the fullness of time it evens out.  It's the total balance that matters, not whether you think you SHOULD win every game.

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17862 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostThinGun, on 19 April 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

What does it matter what YOU consider to be balanced?  Overall you have a 50% chance of winning every match - sure, some are 60 and some are 40, but in the fullness of time it evens out.  It's the total balance that matters, not whether you think you SHOULD win every game.

It doesn't though, some people will get the "good" team way above average, others the bad team way above average with most falling somewhere inbetween

Its the overall averages that "level out" not the individual ones short of every player in the game playing something like 2 million games each at best so for many it wont "level out" in either their or the games lifespan

What you said is like claiming everyone wins the lottery the same amount of times as that "levels out" or that everyone will be hit by lightning the same amount of times except with something like WOT other factors influence how likely someone is to be on the weaker team meaning that some people will have no chance at all of being on weaker teams anywhere near as much as others IE you are physically incapable of being on a team where NOBODY is above 50% wr if you ARE above a 50% win rate

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 19 April 2018 - 02:19 PM.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The gamebalance is broken to the core with problems around every corner and most players who play this game are very bad at it.

View PostThinGun, on 19 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

What does it matter what YOU consider to be balanced?  Overall you have a 50% chance of winning every match - sure, some are 60 and some are 40, but in the fullness of time it evens out. 

Err... no? How would it even out when the chances of winning or losing aren't the same? It would only even out when we had a skillbased (or a rigged) MM.

ThinGun #14 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33526 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 19 April 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

The gamebalance is broken to the core with problems around every corner and most players who play this game are very bad at it.

Err... no? How would it even out when the chances of winning or losing aren't the same? It would only even out when we had a skillbased (or a rigged) MM.

Err yes.  Because in any given game you have a chance of winning.  That chance might be high or low.  Overall, the AVERAGE of those chances even out.  It would only be a problem if the games were rigged, so that one group of people consistently beat the odds, and another were consistently beaten.

ThinGun #15 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33526 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 19 April 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

It doesn't though, some people will get the "good" team way above average, others the bad team way above average with most falling somewhere inbetween

Its the overall averages that "level out" not the individual ones short of every player in the game playing something like 2 million games each at best so for many it wont "level out" in either their or the games lifespan

What you said is like claiming everyone wins the lottery the same amount of times as that "levels out" or that everyone will be hit by lightning the same amount of times except with something like WOT other factors influence how likely someone is to be on the weaker team meaning that some people will have no chance at all of being on weaker teams anywhere near as much as others IE you are physically incapable of being on a team where NOBODY is above 50% wr if you ARE above a 50% win rate

Its nothing like a lottery.  Lotteries aren't binary options like games.

And to be fair to me, you are confusing win RATE with win CHANCE.  Not the same thing at all.

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41005 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 19 April 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

This explains it all in a nutshell. Most of the games have at least 10 players per side that dont really have a clue what they are doing.

The game is very complicated in comparison to a lot of fps war games, weakspots ( although certain tanks appear to have none ), alt ammo, tank classes, shell speed. Throw in new map designs and the "quest" to get a free tank and u have the proverbial crapstorm of a gaming experience.

ThinGun #17 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33526 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 19 April 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

This explains it all in a nutshell. Most of the games have at least 10 players per side that dont really have a clue what they are doing.

The game is very complicated in comparison to a lot of fps war games, weakspots ( although certain tanks appear to have none ), alt ammo, tank classes, shell speed. Throw in new map designs and the "quest" to get a free tank and u have the proverbial crapstorm of a gaming experience.

With respect, if you think it's so badly broken, go and find something that isn't, and let the people who enjoy the game get on with enjoying it.  You think we enjoy watching some snowflake bitching about MM and game balance, every single time we join a game? 
I've lived my entire life on the principle of 'if I don't enjoy it, don't do it'.  I don't understand why so many people endure all the perceived wrongs with this game, when they voluntarily play.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThinGun, on 19 April 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Err yes.  Because in any given game you have a chance of winning.  That chance might be high or low.  Overall, the AVERAGE of those chances even out.  It would only be a problem if the games were rigged, so that one group of people consistently beat the odds, and another were consistently beaten.

I think you might want to explain your understanding of "to even out" a bit further...

View PostThinGun, on 19 April 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

With respect, if you think it's so badly broken, go and find something that isn't, and let the people who enjoy the game get on with enjoying it.

Err... and where exactly did he order you to stop liking or playing the game? What you wrote translates into "Don't you dare to criticise my beloved game, it's perfect!"

Block Quote

I've lived my entire life on the principle of 'if I don't enjoy it, don't do it'.  I don't understand why so many people endure all the perceived wrongs with this game, when they voluntarily play.

Because the game is still very unique and - every now and then - even fun to play. 

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41005 battles
With respect... then calls me a snowflake bitching, slightly contradictory.

Did I say I had an issue with it being broken? Im in the position that I have en extensive garage brimming with premiums and t10 tanks of various classes. I dont have any problems abusing the broken gaming mechanics and farming noobs in game as im not one of the confused players. The game balance is screwed.... hence a forum full of negative feedback. The fact u dont like it, does anyone care... snowflake?

With respect, dont pigeon hole me as a whining snowflake as Im not, and go pick an arguement with someone else for entertainment.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 19 April 2018 - 04:15 PM.

Stat_Padder #20 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37874 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 19 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

With respect... then calls me a snowflake bitching, slightly contradictory.

Did I say I had an issue with it being broken? Im in the position that I have en extensive garage brimming with premiums and t10 tanks of various classes. I dont have any problems abusing the broken gaming mechanics and farming noobs in game as im not one of the confused players. The game balance is screwed.... hence a forum full of negative feedback. The fact u dont like it, does anyone care... snowflake?

With respect, dont pigeon hole me as a whining snowflake as Im not, and go pick an arguement with someone else for entertainment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users