strategy tips for some maps please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27708 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

there are some maps which I find really difficult to play, I'd like to have some strategy tips for some situations for which I have found no good answer myself:

cliff:

from my point of view this map has gotten worse with 1.0 - now the climb to the hill is very dangerous for light tanks and crossing the higher flat ground is also very dangerous for heavies/slow tanks. the result is that a lot of players opt to stay in the lower part of the map.

so I would like to ask advice for:

- light tanks

- bottom tier heavies

- mediums without useful armor

mountain pass:

this map is a problem for me from the south spawn. from the north I know some useful things to do, but from the south I have no idea.

same tanks are a problem:

- light tanks

- bottom tier heavies

- mediums without useful turret armor

tundra:

this map was always a problem for me, for any tank except arty and heavies.

it seems TDs have no good firing lanes that provide camo, I don't know where to go with my lights or meds without armor, sometimes it seems this map was designed solely for tank wigglers.

problem tanks:

- light tanks

- TDs

thanks for any tips!

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles
One thing I will say about rushing for the Cliff lighthouse at the start of the game is that if you wait a minute, a lot of the tanks pre-aimed at the paths will find other targets. Not a guarantee of getting up safely, but it generally seems to work better for  me. If the enemy scout has gone straight up, he might be on low health and an easy kill.

HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27708 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 19 April 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

One thing I will say about rushing for the Cliff lighthouse at the start of the game is that if you wait a minute, a lot of the tanks pre-aimed at the paths will find other targets. Not a guarantee of getting up safely, but it generally seems to work better for me. If the enemy scout has gone straight up, he might be on low health and an easy kill.

good thinking, thank you !

SABAOTH #4 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36858 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 April 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

there are some maps which I find really difficult to play, I'd like to have some strategy tips for some situations for which I have found no good answer myself:

cliff:

from my point of view this map has gotten worse with 1.0 - now the climb to the hill is very dangerous for light tanks and crossing the higher flat ground is also very dangerous for heavies/slow tanks. the result is that a lot of players opt to stay in the lower part of the map.

- light tanks - jump the cliff

- bottom tier heavies - stay under the cliff and shoot lights jumping

- mediums without useful armor - hang to the cliff (coming soon)

mountain pass:

this map is a problem for me from the south spawn. from the north I know some useful things to do, but from the south I have no idea.

- light tanks - low oxygen makes them light headed

- bottom tier heavies - they will probably lose weight and become medium if they hike (read mediums)

- mediums without useful turret armor - just pass the pass

tundra:

it seems TDs have no good firing lanes that provide camo, I don't know where to go with my lights or meds without armor, sometimes it seems this map was designed solely for tank wigglers.

problem tanks:

- light tanks - low fat = death by freeze

- TDs - TL;DR

- mediums without useful turret armor - you need to hunt something for food

Hope it helps

Block Quote

thanks for any tips!

Anytime :hiding:

Edited by SABAOTH, 19 April 2018 - 06:37 PM.

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44600 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

You list three maps that have such interchangeable play style. It is hard to give you useful tips for all classes on those map

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 April 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

cliff:

- light tanks - the hill is still the no1 spot for lights if you can get there and is far easier from the south spawn. from the north they can sit under the opposite hill and wreck you as you climb up (had a TVP game today where a BC unloaded every shot into me - gg zero damage game). you should be able to sit under the hill on the 1/2 line bushed up but you WILL get dumbasses in heavies, TDs etc sit behind you like plebs (both sides but selfish position for a scout TBH). So avoid that spot unless you have nothing behind you but still support for your spotting

- bottom tier heavies - good luck

- mediums without useful armor - rush

mountain pass:

- light tanks

- bottom tier heavies

tundra:

problem tanks:

- light tanks

- TDs

thanks for any tips!

couldn't be bothered to type 6 million words TBH. pop into IDEAD TS (link should be on our recruitment page (probably 3rd page of clans) when you are ingame and i will show you some training room ideas if you want. but PM me ingame first

Bordhaw #6 Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11966 battles

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JAcvt-Q5GSoSMr8NIOS4A/playlists

WoT - Scouting Location Guides

WoT - Map Guides (Where the F to Go)

Edited by Bordhaw, 19 April 2018 - 07:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users