Redshire: why is it unbalanced?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

On redshire, I noticed heavies from the north spawn can go hull down in front of the heavy line without fear of being sniped from the hills in the middle.

Heavies from the south spawn on the contrary are easy prey for TDs in the middle. Why is that?

Is there another part of the map that favors the south spawn?

or is this map unbalanced?

vcristi #2 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64134 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 April 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

On redshire, I noticed heavies from the north spawn can go hull down in front of the heavy line without fear of being sniped from the hills in the middle.

Heavies from the south spawn on the contrary are easy prey for TDs in the middle. Why is that?

Is there another part of the map that favors the south spawn?

or is this map unbalanced?

I think you have some problems with basic geography... South is 'down' and north is 'up' on a map. 

Tanks from south can stay hull down without being sniped from center, and tanks from north are sniped.

And i don't think it is a problem, you can take cover from centre very easy from north too.

Edited by vcristi, 19 April 2018 - 11:25 PM.

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

The middle hills are no longer the happy stat padding hunting grounds they once were but that's a good thing imo, even if it took away one of my favorite spots because it used to heavily punish the north spawning right flank as they advance, it also reduced the exposure time for tanks that win that flank from the south and are pushing north as the north spawn hill defenders now only get a couple of chances instead of plinking away on those successful south spawning team. 

On a separate note, I had REALLY bad connection this evening and can't help but wonder what might have been, I played most battles getting hefty visits of lag and I am certain it cost me 2-3 Radleys and maybe a Pools... I mean, one battle I lost connection entirely, rejoined still alive and with 1 minute left to play with landed 6 kills lol... and I 100% had several targets caught with their pants down before I got disconnected, arty killed a few I was fighting when I rejoined... sigh.. oh what might have been, oh well fok it keeps my appetite keen I suppose 

Private_Pearts #4 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20503 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

The conspiracy is real and I have atomic testicles. Porton Down 1985, very hush hush. I shouldn't be telling you.

Also be aware that this forum is full of lunatics but they do a lovely sponge pudding on Thursdays.

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postvcristi, on 19 April 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

I think you have some problems with basic geography... South is 'down' and north is 'up' on a map. 

Tanks from south can stay hull down without being sniped from center, and tanks from north are sniped.

And i don't think it is a problem, you can take cover from centre very easy from north too.

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 April 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

The middle hills are no longer the happy stat padding hunting grounds they once were but that's a good thing imo, even if it took away one of my favorite spots because it used to heavily punish the north spawning right flank as they advance, it also reduced the exposure time for tanks that win that flank from the south and are pushing north as the north spawn hill defenders now only get a couple of chances instead of plinking away on those successful south spawning team. 

On a separate note, I had REALLY bad connection this evening and can't help but wonder what might have been, I played most battles getting hefty visits of lag and I am certain it cost me 2-3 Radleys and maybe a Pools... I mean, one battle I lost connection entirely, rejoined still alive and with 1 minute left to play with landed 6 kills lol... and I 100% had several targets caught with their pants down before I got disconnected, arty killed a few I was fighting when I rejoined... sigh.. oh what might have been, oh well fok it keeps my appetite keen I suppose 

yeah, I mixed up south and north, lol !

but the point isn't to be able to just hide from center sniping - the point is to be hull down from enemy heavies AND protected from sniping at the same time. That is only possible from south spawn.

SnowRelic #6 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22728 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes. WG should open up maps more, so heavies can be shot at from all sides. Without targets, sniping campers will camp. Something needs to draw them out and it's not the lights who got their weak spots removed.

Dava_117 #7 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostSnowRelic, on 20 April 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Yes. WG should open up maps more, so heavies can be shot at from all sides. Without targets, sniping campers will camp. Something needs to draw them out and it's not the lights who got their weak spots removed.

If campers don't move without targets, why should they move when they got targets to shoot at?

Geno1isme #8 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 20 April 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

but the point isn't to be able to just hide from center sniping - the point is to be hull down from enemy heavies AND protected from sniping at the same time. That is only possible from south spawn.

That hulldown position isn't that useful though, only two or three tanks can use it effectively at the same time, so you allow the enemy to sidescrape around the rock or push right on top of you (and play hulldown from there). Even if you win that flank, then you have to push across the gap where the northern hill campers can snipe at you. And the north spawn has a hulldown location close to base as well where they can defend their cap effectively.

Overall redshire is one of the better balanced maps these days.

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35178 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 April 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

One of the few they didn't quite manage to mess up in the HD rework.

HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 April 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

That hulldown position isn't that useful though, only two or three tanks can use it effectively at the same time, so you allow the enemy to sidescrape around the rock or push right on top of you (and play hulldown from there). Even if you win that flank, then you have to push across the gap where the northern hill campers can snipe at you. And the north spawn has a hulldown location close to base as well where they can defend their cap effectively.

let's say if heavy line gets a bit overwhelmed by the enemy and your team manages to get 3 tanks with good turrets at that spot, they can effectively stop the enemy push until a couple of meds or TDs come to help.

Geno1isme #11 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 21 April 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

let's say if heavy line gets a bit overwhelmed by the enemy and your team manages to get 3 tanks with good turrets at that spot, they can effectively stop the enemy push until a couple of meds or TDs come to help.

Not really. Sure, you can delay them a little, but you can't really cover both sides of the rock. And when some of the enemies advance along the ridgeline they have the high ground over you and you're no longer hulldown against them. And as said, north spawn has a similar position as well which is likely even more effective, just not as close to the heavy chokepoint.

KillingJoker #12 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles
I would say is one of the best maps in the current meta. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users