How many maps you will remove?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

WrogenTheFrog #1 Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24501 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Are there like 8 maps in rotation or even less it looks like that. Yea you removed some "bad" maps that was not well designed but why you removed other maps that were actually good. And btw new 1.0 maps "reworked" are just much worst then old ones, like camping spots next to base so all bots can camp and make your game even more ebola, and make maps more flater with no cover pls. I started to hate game after patch 1.0, OP new tanks, worst maps, but good thing you made game to "look better" thats all that i will say.

Sorry about this but this is my opinon about game right now. If you have your opinion pls say it. The game is just much worst for me.

ricoBenitez1 #2 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles
Do you really think that WG will answer you here 

4nt #3 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21515 battles
My money is on all but Paris

WrogenTheFrog #4 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24501 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostricoBenitez1, on 20 April 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

Do you really think that WG will answer you here 

No, same answer i have are they going to fix game, thats the facts, i just needed to share my opinion about there great things that they done.

Ricky_Rolls #5 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66945 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
 I would like to ban at least 3 maps. It would be Fjords, Fisherman's bay, erlenberg.

Edited by Ricky_Rolls, 20 April 2018 - 11:04 AM.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17629 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

What about adding back the old maps instead removing more of them?

Like Stalingrad, Sacred Valley, Hidden Village, Northwest, Pearl River, Klondike and so on? And maybe create some new one too...

Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62894 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 20 April 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

I would like to ban at least 3 maps. It would be Fjords, Fisherman's bay, erlenberg.

Ban those, and you would make 3 new to your list. And that's the issue. There is always 3 maps everyone wants. And my top 3 was removed last patch. So I'm not complaining either way.

Tho... one of those might come back. As it was not made into HD in time, and thus the reason for their removal. And one of those was Highway. And don't tell me OP misses Stalingrad and Pilsen. No one does. And I'll gladly take less maps in rotation not to play those for a patch or two. But new map next patch, tho sadly only tier 1 to 3. And there are still close to 10 new maps on super test that might come.

View PostDava_117, on 20 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Like Stalingrad, Sacred Valley, Hidden Village, Northwest, Pearl River, Klondike and so on? And maybe create some new one too...

Most of those maps have been on my top 3 when they were removed. So they need a heavy rework for me to want them back. Inc Hidden Village. Tho that one was not due to the map it self. As the map was good. It's just that 9 out 10 games was a 15 vs 15 on the HT line, ignoring 90% of the map until one med flanked the middle and came up their back. Then you won. Heck I flanked there in my Tog once since no one else did.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 April 2018 - 11:17 AM.

Strappster #8 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I genuinely think the game is improving, though I don't play much in tiers 9 and 10 so my view is very much of an average player playing in average tiers. The map changes take some getting used to but they always have. It'll settle down given time as players adapt and new metas develop.

Graphics are a big improvement, though I play with most settings on high or maximum so it's not quite the dazzling spectacle players with more up-to-date hardware are seeing. Some of the older HD models looks a little lacking in comparison to the more recent ones but that's to be expected given the time frame for all the tanks to be updated.

Balance is difficult to call. Some tanks are strong while others are weak but I think this is a cyclical thing as the lines are buffed or nerfed on a rotating basis to ensure variety and keep longer-term players playing. It's understandable, WG have to be concerned with player engagement while still giving players enough fresh content to keep them satisfied.

Jumping_TurtIe #9 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5370 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 20 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

No, please do not.

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19693 battles

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 20 April 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Tbh if WG really listened to people's ideas about removing maps, there wouldn't be a single map left in WoT.

Ricky_Rolls #11 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66945 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Well maybe they should start to ask themselves why peoples dislike certain maps.

Jumping_TurtIe #12 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5370 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 20 April 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Well maybe they should start to ask themselves why peoples dislike certain maps.

Problem is there will never be a map that everyone likes.

WrogenTheFrog #13 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24501 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

And take suggestions from player base to fix it. But they care more about prem tanks... 

leggasiini #14 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 9705 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Even with so few remaining maps in the game, some of them are still so bad that they should be just removed. Fjords, Paris and Fisherman's bay are all absolutely terrible maps and should be removed right away. Mines doesn't belong to higher tiers, and even then it's a pretty unbalanced map.

At least there are quite a lot of maps on supertest, so that's an indicator that they are focusing on more maps now. It's something.

Edited by leggasiini, 20 April 2018 - 11:48 AM.

DuncaN_101 #15 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51862 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
None

Dava_117 #16 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17629 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Ban those, and you would make 3 new to your list. And that's the issue. There is always 3 maps everyone wants. And my top 3 was removed last patch. So I'm not complaining either way.

Tho... one of those might come back. As it was not made into HD in time, and thus the reason for their removal. And one of those was Highway. And don't tell me OP misses Stalingrad and Pilsen. No one does. And I'll gladly take less maps in rotation not to play those for a patch or two. But new map next patch, tho sadly only tier 1 to 3. And there are still close to 10 new maps on super test that might come.

Most of those maps have been on my top 3 when they were removed. So they need a heavy rework for me to want them back. Inc Hidden Village. Tho that one was not due to the map it self. As the map was good. It's just that 9 out 10 games was a 15 vs 15 on the HT line, ignoring 90% of the map until one med flanked the middle and came up their back. Then you won. Heck I flanked there in my Tog once since no one else did.

Some of the map I wrote about sure need some rework, but it's not something excessively hard:

Stalingrad: remove scrap from some of the closed road, to increase flanking

Sacred Valley was fine IMO

Hidden Village would need some rework on village side. I guess some undestructible buildings and may be some fireline to support the other flank would make the side more intresting.

Northwest: lowering the industrial plant and rocks to open some firelines to cover north and south lane would be enought IMO

Pearl River was fine too, same for Klondike that was the best grand battle map IMO.

Voja_DaRealMVP #17 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37576 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 20 April 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Sadly that will never happen, because if they gave you such an option, they would basically only be admitting how terrible and trash their map design is. Only solution is removal of the maps you mentioned + steppes and glacier, and bring back all the old and playable maps.

Jumping_TurtIe #18 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5370 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWrogenTheFrog, on 20 April 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

And take suggestions from player base to fix it. But they care more about prem tanks... 

That still would not work since we can not agree on anything so we would also not on mapchanges.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62894 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Issue is that not everyone would even say the same, even if you asked everyone that hates your top 3 maps. As most of those opinions are based on what classes they like to play too.  As in where they go on a map. And as was pointed out above you.

View PostTankkiPoju, on 20 April 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Tbh if WG really listened to people's ideas about removing maps, there wouldn't be a single map left in WoT.

Some maps are still hated more then others. I'm sure Staligrand and Pilsen was high up last patch. I'm get a feeling Paris has jumped up high on most lists. And the new map this patch seems to be a mixed bag so far.

I mean Fisherman's bay for me is better vs before. But they need to tone down on the bush lines in the middle area that's all. And do something about the flat boring area on the south 2 line. Give it some slope and add some small hard covers around it even. But that's just me. Ask someone else and they have bigger rework plans. Even for a map you like. Same for Erlenberg. To much soft cover on the red lines, and to many buildings in the middle. Demolish some of the taller building so that it's not a full 360 safe cover. And it's more workable to suppress it.

As of me atm, Mines on high tiers, Fjords and Siegfried line are my current 3 most hated maps based on the classes I play the most. Fjords like most maps have to much bushes at some places.. North base has way to much soft cover. Making the A8 lemmings camp vs less for too long. Reduce that by 80% at least, so one light and a TD or two can use it, not half their team.

View PostDava_117, on 20 April 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Some of the map I wrote about sure need some rework, but it's not something excessively hard:

Stalingrad: remove scrap from some of the closed road, to increase flanking

Sacred Valley was fine IMO

Scared Valley was not the worst. But they need to do some minor hill rework that's all. And the reason I hated Stalingrad was that 90% of the roads was blocked off. Remove most of those to make mobility count vs going around half the map. It would be more fun for mobile tanks vs yoloing beach.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 April 2018 - 12:01 PM.

Strappster #20 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWrogenTheFrog, on 20 April 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

And take suggestions from player base to fix it.

The problem is that what one player thinks would fix a map, another player would consider to be horribly broken. Putting lots of bushes on an open map would be great for light and TD players, heavies would hate it. That's not to say that any one player should restrict themselves to one class and not adapt depending on what map they get thrown into but it does raise the question of why can't they do that now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users