scammers give credits

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

denbart123 #1 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6384 battles
  • [-BTD-] -BTD-

Lately I have been getting some weird messages in World Of Tanks.

For about the last 2 weeks, everytime I start up World of Tanks the first time of the day I get a message

from a player with always the same content

--> "Give players free 1000k credits,10 place per day,all in WWW.******.COM"

When I look at the player's service record I can see their account is always created the same day or the day before I get the message.

I've always ignored their message, because it's obviously a scam, but lately it's been getting pretty annoying.

I put these people on my blacklist, including the person who send the message today, there's now 6 of them on my blacklist, but unfortunattely they keep coming back.

I do hope I'm not the only one with this problem, maybe people out here that know how to get rid of them, etc..

Dear regards.Screenshot_3.jpg

Edited by denbart123, 21 April 2018 - 11:06 AM.

UrQuan #2 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sent a ticket to support, remain polite & provide the screenshots + remove the site-adress in your post, else you just serve the spammers will & spread their site among others, showcasing that them spamming accounts is worth it in spreading their site-links & so they will continue to do it.

denbart123 #3 Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6384 battles
  • [-BTD-] -BTD-

View PostUrQuan, on 21 April 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Sent a ticket to support, remain polite & provide the screenshots + remove the site-adress in your post, else you just serve the spammers will & spread their site among others, showcasing that them spamming accounts is worth it in spreading their site-links & so they will continue to do it.

Will do, thanks very much!

K_A #4 Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Also, in the game settings you can select to only receive pms from people on your friends list, that way no one can message you if you haven't added them to your friends. 

FitGirl #5 Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1 battle
  • [WGNET] WGNET

wait let me create some clones i will pm myself with a spam (so i get attention)

example : (clone created)

Clone pm to My Account : Hi

example : (My Account)

I read : Hi

I think that is a Troll Topic.

Der_Merowinger #6 Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27960 battles
  • [FDPSA] FDPSA

View PostFitGirl, on 21 April 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

wait let me create some clones i will pm myself with a spam (so i get attention)

No, its not. I have got such messages nealy every day since update 1.0.

denbart123 #7 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6384 battles
  • [-BTD-] -BTD-

View PostFitGirl, on 21 April 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

Why would I spend my precious time doing that while I could be playing the game. What purpose and what benefits would I get for doing that and creating a topic around it?

denbart123 #8 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6384 battles
  • [-BTD-] -BTD-

View PostK_A, on 21 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

Also, in the game settings you can select to only receive pms from people on your friends list, that way no one can message you if you haven't added them to your friends. 

Thank you, I never thought about that

FitGirl #9 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1 battle
  • [WGNET] WGNET

View Postdenbart123, on 21 April 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Lately I have been getting some weird messages in World Of Tanks.

For about the last 2 weeks, everytime I start up World of Tanks the first time of the day I get a message

from a player with always the same content

--> "Give players free 1000k credits,10 place per day,all in WWW.******.COM"

When I look at the player's service record I can see their account is always created the same day or the day before I get the message.

I've always ignored their message, because it's obviously a scam, but lately it's been getting pretty annoying.

I put these people on my blacklist, including the person who send the message today, there's now 6 of them on my blacklist, but unfortunattely they keep coming back.

I do hope I'm not the only one with this problem, maybe people out here that know how to get rid of them, etc..

Dear regards.Screenshot_3.jpg

View PostDer_Merowinger, on 21 April 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

No, its not. I have got such messages nealy every day since update 1.0.

And it is you have no idea....

So if you want a clean bar just enable Receive Message only form Conact list. ( Hide Spam: Is not made for hide full text/PM`s )

Why all other Forums (WoT) are not fully filled by those trolls (dont see any spam troll topic)?

Edited by FitGirl, 22 April 2018 - 09:21 AM.

Pansenmann #10 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33502 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Look at general discussion.
Alt least 90% troll and spam.

h11poc #11 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11046 battles
  • [BROP] BROP

View PostFitGirl, on 21 April 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

?? Are you mad?? I get these messages too, every day. That is why I have arrived at this post as i want to know what is going on.

For you to be able to think about cloning your own account means it is something that is already planted in your mind. Then you decide to transfer that attention seeking onto others. 

The irony is that YOU are the troll in this thread. 

bangash #12 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26843 battles
  • [SCRPN] SCRPN

View PostFitGirl, on 21 April 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

lol what kind of attention? what kind of logic is this? instead of helping him, you showed your actual intention (attention seeker) :medal:

FitGirl #13 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1 battle
  • [WGNET] WGNET

There is someone who writes to you: "spam", you complain about this mischief, this person reads it and feels better because he knows: "ah it works" How can I counteract? Quite easy, the checkmark turns on only messages from the known list. As much as you complain, ;"more fun this person will have".

"lol what kind of attention? what kind of logic is this? instead of helping him, you showed your actual intention (attention seeker)" = Not entirely correct, @bangash

"?? Are you mad?? I get these messages too, every day. That is why I have arrived at this post as i want to know what is going on.

For you to be able to think about cloning your own account means it is something that is already planted in your mind. Then you decide to transfer that attention seeking onto others. 

The irony is that YOU are the troll in this thread."  = If you think I'm a troll why did I post: Enable receive message from contact list, only? I think with "10k Battles" you should already know the basic settings of WoT... @h11poc

So for you :

To get a better gaming experience - Enable receive messages from contact list only - see below "screenshoot"

Settings

But I still believe that someone of you does not have a clue. Post your further "wayne" complaints, the one who rubs you with the trash is happy, that you've been trapped in his troll trap... You won't believe, but that is the trust.  Instead of posting something here in the forum, you should have written a support ticket. Proverb: Do not feed the troll. You are feeding!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users