• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Etre_ #1 Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

Well, at least for me. 

You know that feeling when nothing is working in this game ? You peek and everyone on the entire map seems to be pre-aimed to that exact spot ? When the entire enemy team seems full of experts, hitting all the shots, flanking, working the ridge line, etc ? 

Or that moment when you try to track a rushing 268v4 only to see your perfect placed shot having no effect, no track, no damage , no nothing .... that's when I'm thinking that I suc.k at this game.

But when tanks 1-2 tiers lower are penning your tank shot after shot with normal ammo, every second hit taking something down, ammo rack after ammo rack while your tank fails to pen a perpendicular shot on their side ... and that happens a few games in a row ... and those players are like 48%WR, 4500 PR....  that's when you start to wonder if WG is having fun at your expense. 

Edited by Etre_, 21 April 2018 - 03:35 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Burnout is a female dog isn't it.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21425 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

S**t happens.

Strappster #4 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I was nodding along right up to the conspiracy theory. Ok, I'm not a great player so I'm going to be hit more often by all enemy players, usually because I'm in a bad position or I'm not using my armour effectively, but I've never thought it's deliberate. RNG is a dice roll - I know that I've won fights because I had a high roll. I know I've lost fights because the opponent got a high roll.

You (OP) are an extremely good player but from reading your post it seems that you give credit to your skill and abilities when RNG works for you but not when it works for your opponent. This is the crux of the argument to reduce RNG, to stop those tomatoes from damaging the glorious aubergine when they don't have the skill to aim the shot properly.

I can see the aubergine's point - if you've played thousands of battles, spent hours watching streams and videos, dedicated yourself to learning the mechanics and becoming the best, being ammo-racked by a guy who's sitting in his underpants drinking his 10th beer of the evening is going to be frustrating.

Maybe in the future, if the game grows and there's sufficient interest, WG could introduce some sort of league system whereby those purple players will only fight other players who've got as much experience and they could even implement a reducing RNG factor as you climb the leagues, with the introductory league having 25% RNG and the premiership only seeing 5%. Then we'll see who's got skills and who's been lucky.

As things stand, you have to accept that the other team is just as likely to have those drunk tomatoes as your's and play the battle that you've drawn as best you can.

RNGesus giveth, RNGesus taketh away; mysterious are the ways of RNGesus.

Etre_ #5 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostStrappster, on 21 April 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

I was nodding along right up to the conspiracy theory. Ok, I'm not a great player so I'm going to be hit more often by all enemy players, usually because I'm in a bad position or I'm not using my armour effectively, but I've never thought it's deliberate. RNG is a dice roll - I know that I've won fights because I had a high roll. I know I've lost fights because the opponent got a high roll.

You (OP) are an extremely good player but from reading your post it seems that you give credit to your skill and abilities when RNG works for you but not when it works for your opponent. This is the crux of the argument to reduce RNG, to stop those tomatoes from damaging the glorious aubergine when they don't have the skill to aim the shot properly.

I can see the aubergine's point - if you've played thousands of battles, spent hours watching streams and videos, dedicated yourself to learning the mechanics and becoming the best, being ammo-racked by a guy who's sitting in his underpants drinking his 10th beer of the evening is going to be frustrating.

Maybe in the future, if the game grows and there's sufficient interest, WG could introduce some sort of league system whereby those purple players will only fight other players who've got as much experience and they could even implement a reducing RNG factor as you climb the leagues, with the introductory league having 25% RNG and the premiership only seeing 5%. Then we'll see who's got skills and who's been lucky.

As things stand, you have to accept that the other team is just as likely to have those drunk tomatoes as your's and play the battle that you've drawn as best you can.

RNGesus giveth, RNGesus taketh away; mysterious are the ways of RNGesus.

Is it too much to ask for your basically ultra easy shot to the side of a low tier to pen while they are wrecking your tank and crew with every shot ? Being send to garage by players who are peaking with the entire tank side must be the pinnacle of online gaming in WG's vision.

Strappster #6 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEtre_, on 21 April 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Is it too much to ask for your basically ultra easy shot to the side of a low tier to pen while they are wrecking your tank and crew with every shot ? Being send to garage by players who are peaking with the entire tank side must be the pinnacle of online gaming in WG's vision.

What would you say to the tomato if he was in a tier 10 super-heavy and you were in a tier 8 medium wrecking him and he asked the same thing? Is it too much to ask to have one lucky snapshot hit your tank rather than forever bouncing off the front plate because he can't time it right to fire when you're peeking?

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Buy more Fort Knoxes. 

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18109 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
I was happy wng RNG yesterday, in my O-I on Serene Coast South spawn, and an enemy AT8 was spotted on the far side of the lake. I stopped and took a speculative shot at him, only to see the shell loop up and land spot on his roof, taking him down to single figure health. Or was that my incredible skill? Nah! It was RNG. 

Spurtung #9 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63653 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 21 April 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I was happy wng RNG yesterday, in my O-I on Serene Coast South spawn, and an enemy AT8 was spotted on the far side of the lake. I stopped and took a speculative shot at him, only to see the shell loop up and land spot on his roof, taking him down to single figure health. Or was that my incredible skill? Nah! It was RNG. 

Pure skill, you stopped the tank, after all!

kejmo #10 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28950 battles
RNG...idiots online...reworked arty...dunno which of these c4ncers is in the greater metastasis.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostEtre_, on 21 April 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

But when tanks 1-2 tiers lower are penning your tank shot after shot with normal ammo, every second hit taking something down, ammo rack after ammo rack while your tank fails to pen a perpendicular shot on their side ... and that happens a few games in a row ... and those players are like 48%WR, 4500 PR....  that's when you start to wonder if WG is having fun at your expense. 

And if RNG was flat... Well AW showed the few days they had that on what happens then. It did not end well. Tho 10% did not work to well either that they ended up on IMO. +2 MM works due to the 25% RNG to name one. If not, you would steamroll constantly if you were top tier. Tho arguably... 25% on a low roll is kinda silly. That could be 15% at the worst. But you still need some leeway on high rolls. At least as long as AP pen balance is what it is, and +2 is still a thing.

View PostEtre_, on 21 April 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Or that moment when you try to track a rushing 268v4 only to see your perfect placed shot having no effect, no track, no damage , no nothing .... that's when I'm thinking that I suc.k at this game.

Well track damage is counted 100% of the time. But how much module damage your gun does vs his track HP is a different matter.

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 April 2018 - 05:59 PM.

Laukaus #12 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8551 battles

View PostEtre_, on 21 April 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Well, at least for me. 

You know that feeling when nothing is working in this game ? You peek and everyone on the entire map seems to be pre-aimed to that exact spot ? When the entire enemy team seems full of experts, hitting all the shots, flanking, working the ridge line, etc ? 

Remember that WG's task is not to offer players good 'tank combat' experience but income for itself. If it needs manipulating game sequence and results, that's no problem for WG. And if manipulating makes WG staff fun too, it is only bonus. 

Remember also, this is a free game, so no complaining. If I get, say, a car for free, I would not complain for its quality :D:D:D   

Cuck0osNest #13 Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8962 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Unhappy customer bought victoryes, now he wants to buy RNG. Wait, he already did.

Graeme0 #14 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24873 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

Isn't it funny that people who post threads like these never seem to remember when the dice rolled in their direction.

Hmm

TheDayWeDie #15 Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16708 battles

RNG is like playing poker nowadays. I don't like poker so I don't pay anymore. I just play for free if the game is playable in that day. If not, there are lot of games to play.

If I would like poker I would pay for poker instead of World of tanks. I always like the original :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users