Jump to content


Daily spam from boosting site

Spam Boosting Illegal

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

The_Filthy_Fifth #1 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21076 battles
  • 14
  • [B--R] B--R
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

Is anyone else getting daily spam promising 1000k free credits in chat? Site name is all vowels in uppercase but no i with one letter repeated - not advertising the name. Screengrab shows the message.

 

Keep adding the user to my blacklist but it is getting a little bit annoying as the sender changes each day.

 

I am being specially selected or is it a wide scale problem? If it is, can't it be blocked centrally, by a keyword filter, using the website name?



Corruption_Clan #2 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45430 battles
  • 713
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
Not exactly hard just to ignore the message with the x button

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37396 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostThe_Filthy_Fifth, on 21 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Is anyone else getting daily spam promising 1000k free credits in chat? Site name is all vowels in uppercase but no i with one letter repeated - not advertising the name. Screengrab shows the message.

 

Keep adding the user to my blacklist but it is getting a little bit annoying as the sender changes each day.

 

I am being specially selected or is it a wide scale problem? If it is, can't it be blocked centrally, by a keyword filter, using the website name?

 

It seems to be happening more & more frequently judging by the posts on this forum.

Can't say I've had one in a couple of years but many have mentioned it over the last few weeks.


 



unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,467
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012
You are notthe only one getting those messages. Dont both to blacklist them as the accounts get shut down. Trouble is, there is nothing to stop them opening new ones.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37396 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Wondering if they have acquired a database of account names from some third-party site &/or mod provider?

Could explain why it isn't everyone getting the spam.


 



Spurtung #6 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Ever since this marathon started, I've got about 7/8 of them, mostly late night.

Rataplan #7 Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15808 battles
  • 273
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 21 April 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wondering if they have acquired a database of account names from some third-party site &/or mod provider?

Could explain why it isn't everyone getting the spam.


 

 

Never had a mod installed and I am getting them daily.

 

Edit: only other site related to Wot I ever use is Noobmeter.


Edited by Rataplan, 21 April 2018 - 06:49 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37396 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostRataplan, on 21 April 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

Never had a mod installed and I am getting them daily.

 

Edit: only other site related to Wot I ever use is Noobmeter.

 

Most odd - wonder if there is a connection somewhere?

krismorgan #9 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31371 battles
  • 347
  • [UKT] UKT
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013
Yes bloody annoying.

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15544 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
What will WG do about it?

Spurtung #11 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostWindSplitter1, on 22 April 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

What will WG do about it?

 

Record data, they're good at that.

WindSplitter1 #12 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15544 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 22 April 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

 

Record data, they're good at that.

 

"Figgurs".




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users