Meta and balance used to be much worse.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Dammonar #1 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51978 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Im fine with  defender  and type 5 being an op broken crapthat is tailored for the average in every way tired middle aged 49% that hates his boring *Edit job and has just come back from work and wants to  relax before his *Edit wife prepares his mundane barely edible dinner. Im totally fine with that stuff, honestly, these guys used to play arty back  when they could one shot you, it was actually possible to take no risks and just relax  go into browser game mode and actually delete tanks that are actually playing the *Edit game. So yes, that is the reason for the superheavy meta , your super averege 44 year old clone that is the main source of income has to have fun, and guess what! WG has to give him some advantage to make him spend his well earned money, corridor maps, type 5, 268 V4, defender you name it. Its better this way, back then I couldnt wait for the battle to be decided to shove some well deserved HE inside the enemy clicker malignancies, now I can go to the *Edit corridor, find the product of averegeness that has been tailor made by modern society to be a gear in a boring and average failing machine and  challenge him even if he has the advantage, it just feels better. So to all out there, mm corridor maps and no skill tanks  are not there by mistake they are there to suit the best customer take it or leave it, i think its a million times better than before, now you can fight back. 

Worst of all is that irl your average middle aged guy that is waiting for pension is even more formidable, he is your boss , your slow coworker that has more connections because hes been there forever , your child's teacher, teaching your kid to memorize stuff and go by the book, hes a bureaucrat that will waste your time, he is the majority that will vote for dishonest and corrupt politicians, he is the product of a much easier era. Babyboomers the worst generation in modern history. GL fighting those in the environment they have created 

Edited by Rvirgo, 22 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Condono #2 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

*eats barely edible dinner*

Hiisi #3 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14993 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
And you heve perfect life?

Most maps gone better in 1.0, but some have been made a lot worse. Arty is now a lot better, but tank balance might be worse than before. Especially tier 10-lights really bad and op (obj430, obj430u, obj907, 268 v4, type5, sconqueror, defender to name a few).

Biggest problem in wot currently is tank balance, then mm broblems and maps. But in general wot is better game than 2-4 years back.

jabster #4 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHiisi, on 22 April 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

And you heve perfect life?

It’s a well know fact that 95% of players are highly intelligent, successful people who run their own business and are also computer programmers and lawyers (god knows where they find the time to actually play WoT). The other 99.99% are no life losers with the IQ of of glass of water.

Dammonar #5 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51978 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postjabster, on 22 April 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

It’s a well know fact that 95% of players are highly intelligent, successful people who run their own business and are also computer programmers and lawyers (god knows where they find the time to actually play WoT). The other 99.99% are no life losers with the IQ of of glass of water.

I never said that the average 49% simian is there because of his IQ its because he DOESNT CARE, he is not bold enough to take risks and lazy enough to be content, he just want to have the game rigged in his favor because he is the damn majority, same as in real life, the majority is made up of people that do not strive to become better. Its not the IQ that differentiates humans from humanlike monkeys its character, mentality and ethics. 

Edited by Dammonar, 22 April 2018 - 08:05 AM.

tank276 #6 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
"his *Edit wife".....

Edited by Rvirgo, 22 April 2018 - 12:24 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

shane73tank #7 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28207 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

45 years old and overweight, wife is terrible cook - check, wish I had made some better career choices - check

happy that I can provide for my wife and two children on one salary- yep, so I enjoy wot- yep, I spend money on it - yep, but I play mostly mediums and recently lights, heavies but not super heavies and arty only for missions 

you may be really good at this game and you have some valid points but you've articulated them in the form of a general swipe at people 

for the record some of us are not suffering from apathy and in fact are really content , because where Others see an “ugly fat wife” we see the person who still makes our heart skip a beat  and brings a smile to our faces -  everything else is just a game 

btw, I agree totally heavy meta is progress from arty meta

Timmber #8 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23509 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP
Never thought of being 44 as a negative :(

fallenkezef #9 Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10230 battles
  • [TALLY] TALLY
My wife is beautiful and shagging her is mote fun than WoT but then I prefer non-prem British meds

Blubba #10 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53652 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

Block Quote

....he is the majority that will vote for dishonest and corrupt politicians.....

Is there another kind?

You seem a young idealist with rose coloured glasses as to how this world works.

I wish you every success in life, sincerely sir.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Thuis001 #11 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5978 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View Postjabster, on 22 April 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Please don't insult the IQ of the average glass of water. No seriously, most teams I've seen the last couple of weeks would COMBINED struggle to have their IQ exeed that of a glass of water.

Dammonar #12 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51978 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostBlubba, on 22 April 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Is there another kind?

You seem a young idealist with rose coloured glasses as to how this world works.

I wish you every success in life, sincerely sir.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Tyrants have no need to be dishonest and many consider them politicians. Idealism dies when you stop trying.

View PostThuis001, on 22 April 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Please don't insult the IQ of the average glass of water. No seriously, most teams I've seen the last couple of weeks would COMBINED struggle to have their IQ exeed that of a glass of water.

I have met a genius dentist that is a red player, because guess what he doesnt care.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Is there a TL;DR without all those dumb stereotypes?

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

You would think that FAME would have some sort of CoC that members of their extremely well known clan would have to abide by in order to be considered.

I  guess this is what happens when you're in a sub-dinger klanu.

Jealousy my friend.

I am your average Joe. I have a nice house, a great job doing something I love, a family and a wife who is a great cook.

Yet i'm not all that bothered about my pixel numbers beating your pixels numbers.

If you're really that bothered then stop caring about your stats. If it's the colour simply use a mod to change the colours and play like the rest of us mudane marks and average andys.

Edited by RamRaid90, 22 April 2018 - 09:36 AM.

Dammonar #15 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51978 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostJigabachi, on 22 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Every meta, mm and imbalance problem traces back to the biggest wot spender, mid aged gentlemen that dont realy care too much. So WG tries to make the game more fun for them, less so for the rest of us.

Kurat666 #16 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29536 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

View PostDammonar, on 22 April 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

BS...

Age defines how good you are? Biggest BS ever. I expected good players to have some brains  - you seem to be an exception.... Where did that oldie touched you?

As I am near 40, should I switch to klickerwagons and Type5 now? Lets hope I can grind them before my 40th birthday....

EDIT: well, my respect towards Fame clan went down the drain....

Edited by Kurat666, 22 April 2018 - 09:42 AM.

Dammonar #17 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51978 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostKurat666, on 22 April 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Age defines how good you are? Biggest BS ever. I expected good players to have some brains  - you seem to be an exception.... Where did that oldie touched you?

As I am near 40, should I switch to klickerwagons and Type5 now? Lets hope I can grind them before my 40th birthday....

Age defines your reflexes, your ability to think fast and your mental and physical stamina, guess why 40 yos are a very rare sight in sports/e-sports that require these traits. Most 40 yo also dont try too much to reflect and improve and that my friend is a fact and a dire fault.  Sorry to have hurt your feelings oldie, you had your day i hope, pension is near dont worry :(

jabster #18 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJigabachi, on 22 April 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

Even though WG have stated that their target market is “Dads with wallets” I’m special so I demand that the game is changed to how I want it to be. Oh and as I’m that special (did I mention just how brilliant I am) I deserve far more than I’ve actually got and it’s some other group of people’s fault that this isn’t true.

That about sums it up.

Edited by jabster, 22 April 2018 - 09:50 AM.

tank276 #19 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostKurat666, on 22 April 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

EDIT: well, my respect towards Fame clan went down the drain....

What respect? For a bunch of reroll egotistic 16 year old window lickers?

Naaaah

ogremage #20 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33442 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostDammonar, on 22 April 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

Worst of all is that irl your average middle aged guy that is waiting for pension is even more formidable, he is your boss , your slow coworker that has more connections because hes been there forever , your child's teacher, teaching your kid to memorize stuff and go by the book, hes a bureaucrat that will waste your time, he is the majority that will vote for dishonest and corrupt politicians, he is the product of a much easier era. Babyboomers the worst generation in modern history. GL fighting those in the environment they have created 

lol this was cute.

I'm middle aged. I'm not FAME level but I'm not completely bad at this game. I'm a "boss" in real life and reasonably successful.

What you guys have to understand that even though for some of you this game is the most important thing in life, it isn't actually THAT important compared to real life.

It is just a game.

If someone wants to play for fun and use Type 5 Heavy with prem HE or arty to do so, they have as much right to do so as you to play yours (with premium ammo, consumables, excellent map knowledge, crews, etc.). Cheating is not OK, everything else (spamming prem ammo, OP tanks, etc.) is.

WG does what it needs to do to have the whales (the guys with money, so the medium aged guys who have jobs) spend money.

The super-unicums are generally not their target audience, they can get gold in Clan Wars so can get premium account for free, they can crush the game in any tank, they can run credits positive in t10, etc.. And they shoot the middle-aged guys from invisi and crush them completely. They make the game unfun for the guys with money. That is why WG doesn't make the game nice for the good players, they nerf RNG, they make corridor maps, the make easy to play tanks.

Edited by ogremage, 22 April 2018 - 10:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users