*edit to WoT! (Please read before they erase)

Camping Skill Gold RNG PowerCreep

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: No WG blind sheep followers allowed in this poll. (26 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you believe that WoT will ever be freed of these ''game mechanics'' while WG is in charge?

1. Yes (4 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No, they just want the easy money. (22 votes [84.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Hide poll

MixblaydeV12 #1 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4506 battles
  • [TM-PT] TM-PT

*edit

List of problems with WG in charge of WoT:

- Gold ammo (do i really need to say more about this?)

- Map Design that HEAVELY favours Camping (because in the eyes of WG in order to camp, you need tons of Skill!)

- Power creep ( we have tanks that spit on the competition while on the opposite end we have tanks that cant even scratch the paint job)

- Rigged Win/Losing streaks ( in all my time playing video games, i have NEVER seen this level of scumbaggery on any other game)

- Placing stock tanks/crew against fully equipped and pimped out crews/tanks (the former is basicly just there as an XP/Credits piñata for the sharks)

- RNJesus is LORD over this game under WG command. ( ex. t8 TD fully aimed shots under 300m and misses horribly... and then you get [edited]snap shots with the crosshairs as big as a doughnut)  Please explain to me how is this normal for a shooting game if you never know where your shot is going land regardless of accuracy values for the gun and being fully aimed. EXPLAIN ME!

- SPG is the embodiment of ALL that is WRONG in this game: No skill required to play the class / Camp bush all day long and when its time to leave bush its only to kill themselves like the cowards they are / Are only there to mess with the players that actually demonstrate skill and effort and play actual you know TANKS! Stun mechanic has to be the most retarded thing WG added to the game as they dont even need to hit you and they put you on a severe disadvantage against enemy tanks. I never see 3 SPG on maps like Himmelsdorf but always on maps like Prokorovka... uhmm i wonder why WG.

- Why have matches composed of 3 tiers rather than just 2 or the same tier?

K_A #2 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
This is the product they have created and this is the product they are offering. If you don't like it, don't play the game.

D4wiD3K #3 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

You make many good points but at the same time you blow a lot of it with the "rigged" part. The game isn't rigged, there's just a lot of natural variance in a 15 vs 15 game where you are 6.66% of your team, especially with so much RNG and so many broken mechanics included.

I do agree with badness of the maps, the stupidity of prioritizing a system that puts tanks from 3 tiers into each battle and I would also like to state that artillery is [edited]ing [edited], not to mention that there's too much artificial RNG in the game.

I've lately been playing "the other tank game that has planes as well". It's so relaxing to play a game with much less RNG, much better map design, no gold ammo(it isn't needed in that game anyway) and overall better balance. I mean there is an arty strike consumable and bombers are annoying but they don't have a similar game ruining potential as arty in WoT.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 22 April 2018 - 03:50 PM.

MixblaydeV12 #4 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4506 battles
  • [TM-PT] TM-PT

View PostK_A, on 22 April 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

This is the product they have created and this is the product they are offering. If you don't like it, don't play the game.

I [edited]LOVE WoT and i hate to see it in this sorry state and also you need to realize that WoT ISNT WG and vice versa. WoT will still be WoT under another company.

mpf1959 #5 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just a question, lets imagine for a minute WG would offer to accede to your wishes, would you then be prepared to pay, for example, £10 per week to play in order to get your desires fulfilled?

I ask this mainly as I am always astounded at the number of bitter complaints I hear about a completely FREE product! You can spend money, but no one is compelled to, and WG must have massive overheads to offer us all this gratis.

Well, I'm very new to this gaming would but I find the complaints astounding, especially as it is free, and there is no compulsion to play whatever! I could almost understand it were we paying a fee to play.

D4wiD3K #6 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 22 April 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Just a question, lets imagine for a minute WG would offer to accede to your wishes, would you then be prepared to pay, for example, £10 per week to play in order to get your desires fulfilled?

I ask this mainly as I am always astounded at the number of bitter complaints I hear about a completely FREE product! You can spend money, but no one is compelled to, and WG must have massive overheads to offer us all this gratis.

Well, I'm very new to this gaming would but I find the complaints astounding, especially as it is free, and there is no compulsion to play whatever! I could almost understand it were we paying a fee to play.

I think "it's free to play so you can't complain" is a pretty narrow-minded mindset to have. Free-to-play is not the charity that you try to make it sound like, it's a business model. The objective is to motivate the players to play and spend money and in many cases this means frustrating the players to pay so they can at least keep their blood pressure levels normal. By keeping the game free-to-play you also ensure that there are more players around, even ones who will never pay for any game.

Personally when I play a free-to-play game I never expect that I will play it for free forever, at least without major disadvantages. I am perfectly fine paying for a "free-to-play" game each month as long as I feel it's worth it.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 22 April 2018 - 04:05 PM.

mpf1959 #7 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It is of course a business model, but it is free, full stop. You are not compelled to play, full stop. Don't like it, move along. What service to the public do you offer gratis? And would you like them griping like spoiled children at your efforts? Don't try and kid a kidder chap. ;)

D4wiD3K #8 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 22 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

It is of course a business model, but it is free, full stop. You are not compelled to play, full stop. Don't like it, move along. What service to the public do you offer gratis? And would you like them griping like spoiled children at your efforts? Don't try and kid a kidder chap. ;)

Yes, this is the zero critique way where nothing can possibly be wrong about something that didn't cost anything. Something being free doesn't mean the product is perfect and criticizing such product doesn't make you "ungrateful". This is just illogical, politically correct BS.

Cuck0osNest #9 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9909 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
This community deserved it. WG sends order to be ugly, to buy autoloader premium to participate in the flooding and destroying classic game conception, majority of players follows it without boicotting, this all is additionally exaggerated by false values such as paytown8.

lmperfection #10 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19096 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I vote we put you in charge of Wargaming as CEO, you are clearly very qualified, and I doubt wargaming board of management would have any complaints when such a candidate of your magnitude is presented. 

Balc0ra #11 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66533 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Oh look, another one that thinks his WR is lower due to WG rigging it and saying he can't have higher. If you think they do that. Why do you even play it? Why are you here if they are that "evil"?

View PostMixblaydeV12, on 22 April 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

- Why have matches composed of 3 tiers rather than just 2 or the same tier?

Some ppl would love +1 sure. But others inc me would leave if that was what they were offering. Equal tier games are fun now and then. But on some tiers they are pure poison more so then fun. Tier 8 name a few. Half the tier 8's can't even pen most of the new armor on tier 8. And you know WG won't nerf a premium tank. So imagine how some tanks spike in popularity when they don't face tier X ever again. Like the Defender. As they did with premium lights when they got +2 MM.

View PostD4wiD3K, on 22 April 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Personally when I play a free-to-play game I never expect that I will play it for free forever, at least without major disadvantages. I am perfectly fine paying for a "free-to-play" game each month as long as I feel it's worth it.

Most sensible f2p sentience on this forum in a long time. And in that regard. WOT is far from the worst. At least unlike other games they don't lock off the "end game" areas behind a pay wall. Imagine if tier 8+ was for paying players only etc? Or that you can't use PM unless you have premium time? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 April 2018 - 04:17 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29763 battles
I'd like to congratulate OP on managing to fit every single idiotic thought into one seamless topic. It's rare to see that level of comprehensive stupidity distilled into just one post. Well done!

Valkyrie514 #13 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14453 battles
Weather has been quite nice today. Bit of cloud cover, nice breeze, and not too hot. Not bad for british weather.

divsmo #14 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32934 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostValkyrie514, on 22 April 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Weather has been quite nice today. Bit of cloud cover, nice breeze, and not too hot. Not bad for british weather.

Bbq is on as we speak, would be rude not to eh? 

Ricky_Rolls #15 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles

View PostMixblaydeV12, on 22 April 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

*edit

Except for the "rigged" part and the mm you're right. But unless someone goes full allahu akbar nothing will change. Also, the fact that they have pretty much no competition makes them able to basically do whatever the **** they want, so...

ApocalypseSquad #16 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26547 battles
Sorry, couldn't vote on the poll.  It needed an "OP is spewing bovineexcreta" option. (Jesus how snowflaky are these forums if they have to auto-edit that).

Edited by ApocalypseSquad, 22 April 2018 - 05:00 PM.

MixblaydeV12 #17 Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4506 battles
  • [TM-PT] TM-PT

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Oh look, another one that thinks his WR is lower due to WG rigging it and saying he can't have higher. If you think they do that. Why do you even play it? Why are you here if they are that "evil"?

Some ppl would love +1 sure. But others inc me would leave if that was what they were offering. Equal tier games are fun now and then. But on some tiers they are pure poison more so then fun. Tier 8 name a few. Half the tier 8's can't even pen most of the new armor on tier 8. And you know WG won't nerf a premium tank. So imagine how some tanks spike in popularity when they don't face tier X ever again. Like the Defender. As they did with premium lights when they got +2 MM.

Most sensible f2p sentience on this forum in a long time. And in that regard. WOT is far from the worst. At least unlike other games they don't lock off the "end game" areas behind a pay wall. Imagine if tier 8+ was for paying players only etc? Or that you can't use PM unless you have premium time? 

Oh look another *edit that has nothing better to say than '' if you dont like it, dont play it '' , if we applied your mentality to everything else in this world, the world as we know tomorrow would end.

All that you wrote about the MM is subjective BS and not valid at all. and for the OP tanks well, like everything else in this game, it is a balancing issue which means it can be resolved. 

And this isnt a free2play at all, you try to just play t10 tanks guess what you cant, because you will lose and keep losing those credits EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PREMIUM account (which you need to PAY with REAL MONEY)  I wonder how much time you would need to waste in order to get t10 tank without ever spending a dime. This game ABSOLUTELY HAS PAY WALLS. Dont forget the premium/gold ammo which you NEED in order to damage high tier vehicles in low power creep tanks because the best tanks in the game DO NOT HAVE ANY WEAK SPOTS BECAUSE WG REMOVED THEM IN ORDER TO MAKE YOU PRESS THE 2 KEY TO LOAD THE SKILL AND MAKE MORE EASY DIRTY MONEY. 

AGAIN ALL THESE ARE BALANCING ISSUES THAT CAN BE RESOLVED, BUT ONLY IF WG WANTS TO AND THEY CLEARLY DONT BECAUSE ITS MORE MONEY THAT THEY MAKE, THE GAME IN THIS STATE IT IS A PAY2WIN/FEE2PLAY. 

Edited by Jbnn, 23 April 2018 - 09:57 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Nazgarth #18 Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

Rigged win/loss streaks :teethhappy:

Pansenmann #19 Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34357 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

@OP and why are you screaming now?

do you have anything to back up your claims?

MixblaydeV12 #20 Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4506 battles
  • [TM-PT] TM-PT

View PostNazgarth, on 22 April 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Rigged win/loss streaks :teethhappy:

Yes rigged, please explain to me how you can have a 15-1 win and the next game have a 0-15 loss. People seem to forget WoT isnt a game like the rest where numbers are key. because guess what you can have the best WoT player facing 2 mediocre players and the 2 will win easily especially if they load the skill.

Also tagged with Camping, Skill, Gold, RNG, PowerCreep

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users