• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

0iOiOiOiOi0 #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 588 battles
  • [CEPAM] CEPAM

Hello everyone.

At the request of my friend who has been playing WOT for a long time now after 15 days, I came to the conclusion that this game was made exclusively for p2p or p2w.I'm an old gamer and I'm also writing  games review on IGN.The first thing I'have concluded is that while you are researching any tank , first you have to unlock some modules many of them like tracks , guns , turent and other boring part of the game.No matter what tier you have is made so that you get frustrated so much from the beginning and make it much harder to unlock any of them where is the easiest way to convert gold into experience.At the very beginning I contributed to WG 150 eur to buy  gold where with this same amount you can buy the latest games on the marked right now limited edition and so on where you will have certain fun for sure.Unfortunately by WOT, this is not the case no matter how much you pay you get frustrated.MM is a bad to also the RNG is like brocken.Personally this game is not worth it.Nothing special about tanks and the game itself to keep playing it.So much from me.

Edited by 0iOiOiOiOi0, 23 April 2018 - 08:50 AM.

Kozzy #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38524 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Post0iOiOiOiOi0, on 23 April 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

I came to the conclusion that this game was made exclusively for p2p or p2w.

So... which is it?

HeidenSieker #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

0iOiOiOiOi0:

Well. WG offer huge inducements to people so that they continue to play. If you still don't like it, the answer is rather simple.

0iOiOiOiOi0 #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 588 battles
  • [CEPAM] CEPAM

View PostKozzy, on 23 April 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

So... which is it?

both.

Frostilicus #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Clearly it's not the game for you, doesn't make it bad for everyone else

Bye

361 (as if it mattered)

BSHDBCG #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5081 battles
Sounds more like you are describing pay for convenience though, but yes the MM is quite hard on the game experience for people.

jabster #7 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Hello everyone.

At the request of my friend who has been playing WOT for a long time now after 15 days, I came to the conclusion that this game was made exclusively for p2p or p2w.I'm an old gamer and I'm also writing  games review on IGN.The first thing I'have concluded is that while you are researching any tank , first you have to unlock some modules many of them like tracks , guns , turent and other boring part of the game.No matter what tier you have is made so that you get frustrated so much from the beginning and make it much harder to unlock any of them where is the easiest way to convert gold into experience.At the very beginning I contributed to WG 150 eur to buy  gold where with this same amount you can buy the latest games on the marked right now limited edition and so on where you will have certain fun for sure.Unfortunately by WOT, this is not the case no matter how much you pay you get frustrated.MM is a bad to also the RNG is like brocken.Personally this game is not worth it.Nothing special about tanks and the game itself to keep playing it.So much from me.

Here’s a hint, it’s perfectly possible to try the game, and see if you like it, before splashing out €150. Indeed you can play the game without spending a penny ever.

Oh and thanks for making it so that I can play this game for free.

Frostilicus #8 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 23 April 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Here’s a hint, it’s perfectly possible to try the game, and see if you like it, before splashing out €150. Indeed you can play the game without spending a penny ever.

Oh and thanks for making it so that I can play this game for free.

... and the best bit is he thinks not playing any more will bother anyone, after dropping that much wedge on the game in a surprisingly short space of time :)

jabster #9 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostFrostilicus, on 23 April 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

... and the best bit is he thinks not playing any more will bother anyone, after dropping that much wedge on the game in a surprisingly short space of time :)

I’d love to see one of their reviews on IGN.

Kozzy #10 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38524 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Hello everyone.

View PostKozzy, on 23 April 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

So... which is it?

View Post0iOiOiOiOi0, on 23 April 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

both.

Do you know what 'exclusively' means? ;)

Reading your badly written rambling (and you being a verified reviewer on IGN) makes me now realise why I don't go to IGN for reviews.  Also, reading between the lines on your post you seem to intimate that you spent a lot of money on WoT in the hope of it actually being P2W, but you paid and then didn't win and THIS is what made you sad :(

If game was P2w wouldn't you be 'winning' more after paying?

Edited by Kozzy, 23 April 2018 - 09:27 AM.

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45395 battles

The game industry has changes a lot since I started playing some time in the 80s.

Back then you bought a game and played it, if there was something you didn't like about the game tough, if there was a bug in the game the best that happened was that it became a feature which is to say a bug everyone knows about.

No updates no forums to complain about anything.

I have spent hundreds on games and expansions and had a lot of fun though I always refused to play games that had a monthly subscription.

Have several games I bought and don't play any longer, a few that I started playing but couldn't get into and one or two I bought and have not played at all.

WOT for some reason has become a bit of an obsession and even though its got faults most of them are at high tiers.

I like that it gives players options and that there is a skill element.

The option to play and give your time to progress up the tiers or pay cash and get there faster.

That's a trap though because if you pay for faster progress you end up paying again and again until you develop the skills to survive without paying.

Is it pay to win, maybe though as I say that's a high tier thing and I really don't see playing tier 10 as better than playing tier 5

I think we have just enough of a pay to win vs pay to play to keep the game running.

No one is forced to pay anything they are simply encouraged to pay and those that do keep the lights on in the offices pay for the employees and fund development.

If no one payed anything the game wouldn't exist.

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Post0iOiOiOiOi0, on 23 April 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Hello everyone.

So you have had this account for a year, have played less than 500 battles, have your own clan of which you are the only member, have 4 tanks, 2 of which are T8 Premiums and the most played is the Swedish TD, and you feel qualified to evaluate this game?

Obviously it is not the game for you, and it is not the sort of game you thought, or hoped, it would be. The grind is there for a reason. It helps you learn the game, the tanks and the maps. It helps you to develop, to improve your skills, and, for me, it is a good part of the game. It also helps to sort out those players that are not suited to this game, the ones that think it is like any other FP Shooter. 

Ok, so once you have ground through half a dozen nations/lines, it can seem to be a chore to start a new line, but by then you have grasped the basics (hopefully) and acquired enough xp or the ability to earn enough xp, to skip some of the grind. 

With you it seems like you have picked up a book, read the first 2 pages, read another couple at random in the middle of the book, decided the book is not for you and written a review based upon that. While you are entitled to your opinion, you are not qualified to produce an honest, factual, and comprehensive review of either that book nor of this game. 

But, I am sure you will find a game that does suit your wants. Good luck and have fun.

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6950 battles
Everyone has the negative feeling about WoT and WG in general, but then we still play the game, to be honest I don't think they care what we think, probably don't even read the forums either, but then I guess I must be wrong as the whiners got their way with the Defender and now we are all denied a good, if not seriously over hyped tank.

SlyMeerkat #14 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15017 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Sure the game has its annoying elements but i really dont think its as bad as people make it out to be and just dwell on it instead of trying to adapt and learn what you can each and every game..... Thats what i do and it seems to work out more often then not..... I think WoT is a great game personally and one of my favourites both time spent and money put in to game, no other game has had that from me in the past.  

mollethepro #15 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8051 battles

View PostKozzy, on 23 April 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

So... which is it?

both *edit, why do you care if you are just gona [edited]correct everyones grammar?

Edited by Jbnn, 23 April 2018 - 01:11 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

jabster #16 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postmollethepro, on 23 April 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

both *edit, why do you care if you are just gona [edited]correct everyones grammar? 

Sentences start with a capital letter.

signal11th #17 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 33901 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 23 April 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Sure the game has its annoying elements but i really dont think its as bad as people make it out to be and just dwell on it instead of trying to adapt and learn what you can each and every game..... Thats what i do and it seems to work out more often then not..... I think WoT is a great game personally and one of my favourites both time spent and money put in to game, no other game has had that from me in the past.  

Tut Tut Sly, that's TC's gentile and generous manner rubbing off on you. Come to the Dark Side!!!!

Edited by signal11th, 23 April 2018 - 10:12 AM.

Nethraniel #18 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11934 battles

View Postmollethepro, on 23 April 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

both *edit, why do you care if you are just gona [edited]correct everyones grammar? 

And it is written 'gonna'...

jabster #19 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNethraniel, on 23 April 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

And it is written 'gonna'...

Stop nitpicking!

HeidenSieker #20 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player