Correct usage of tanks

Unicoms Slow tanks naked women lolz

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15040 battles

More to the point, slow ones, what is the general method of playing slow tanks like the TOG, Churchill and Matilda, all of the Jap Heavies, and any large Brit Tank destroyer (AT2 onwards) 

Also anything else that is slow and heavy.......

Serious constructive recommendations and advice only please:D

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24141 battles

It gives utter noobs the belief they will last longer and have better results than they typically do with the zero damage battles they average with anything quicker. With the Japanese heavies, this is certainly true, with the other slow tanks, not so much. Only terrible players and the occasional drunk players use the ultra slow, massively armored tanks, remember that. Much the same for any game, the noobs pick the big slow powerful, heavy armored warrior with the two handed war axe that can one shot while the good players use the light armored classes with the daggers that dance around the big idiot with the war axe all game long. Of course, the mages rule all but that's another topic.

Edit- I also like the "naked women" inclusion in the search bar, +1

Edited by TungstenHitman, 23 April 2018 - 12:29 PM.

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15040 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 April 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

It gives utter noobs the belief they will last longer and have better results than they typically do with the zero damage battles they average with anything quicker. With the Japanese heavies, this is certainly true, with the other slow tanks, not so much. Only terrible players and the occasional drunk players use the ultra slow, massively armored tanks, remember that. Much the same for any game, the noobs pick the big slow powerful, heavy armored warrior with the two handed war axe that can one shot while the good players use the light armored classes with the daggers that dance around the big idiot with the war axe all game long. Of course, the mages rule all but that's another topic.

Lmao, well i had to put something there to catch people eyes, maybe we should have little painting on our tanks of naked women, take the Lowe, put one on that and call it the Lioness or something:D

I admit to being neither drunk but maybe a noob, but I sort of like the big silly slow things, maybe it is a new fetish:D

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16600 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Not necessarily true.

I'm a noob for all intents and purposes and when I'm driving a Type 5, top tier or Tier X, I use it as bait. I know TDs and SPGs will favour it as an exp and credits piñata.

To poke your tank over a ridgeline, especially in Prokh, it's VERY effective, more even in the Type 4. SPG drivers just keep shelling you while your team progresses on the hill and conquers both sides, since they will still benefit from such protection, if the enemy has no SHTs.

On some city maps, this is less effective.

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18577 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 23 April 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

More to the point, slow ones, what is the general method of playing slow tanks like the TOG, Churchill and Matilda, all of the Jap Heavies, and any large Brit Tank destroyer (AT2 onwards) 

Personally I would say for Jap Heavies or KV2 and TOG, get in a platoon. Dont go alone, dont get isolated. 

PervyPastryPuffer #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31575 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
If you're in a slow, lumbering, giant steel wall, make sure to have at least one competent player by your side to cover you from flanking fire.

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15040 battles
Thank you everyone, some awesome advice given here.

ThinGun #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35841 battles
Some TDs are quite slow.  (FCM Pak 40 has a top speed of 16k I think).  Resign yourself to the fact that, in every other game you will rarely even fire a shot - especially if your team is aggressive.  However, the other games ... you can rack up oodles of dmg, by just picking a good defensive position and peppering the enemy as they drive into your firing range.  Some of my highest scores have been made from a few yards of home base.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 30317 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Being both a terrible player and a drunk, I am all in favour of big slow tanks with lots of armour.

Lycopersicon #10 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
Going by my recent experience on playing Churchill VII, the correct usage of this tank is to chase your team around the map and use the whole arsenal of expletives in your preferred language while all enemies die a few seconds before you get the opportunity to shoot them.

kaadomin #11 Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31536 battles
  • [NXD] NXD

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 23 April 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Personally I would say for Jap Heavies or KV2 and TOG, get in a platoon. Dont go alone, dont get isolated. 

Yes, go together - but don't platoon with TOG, the TOG will never see T8 if you don't press it in a platoon.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 23 April 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

I love(d) to play Matilda, it's not really pressing two times r and hold down left mouse button but sometimes it looks like that ... a wonderful top gun, like a stabilized automatic gun. Churchill I was long time ago and scrapped, I play very seldom Churchill III ... usually I prefer faster tanks. I think driving (not waiting) from the beginning and firing could be the key.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users