XP and Gold spam when starting the game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

_PanzerBitterbal_ #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8718 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

Each time I come online I get spammed from players, totally unknown to me, that offer XP and gold.

For some idiotic reason Wargaming does nothing about this.

Does anyone else have the same problems?

I keep putting them on the blacklist but its extremely annoying.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 23 April 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Does anyone else have the same problems?

I keep putting them on the blacklist but its extremely annoying.

There have been a few topics of late regarding this. But I have not seen a single one such PM yet. Tho you can turn on the option to not get PM's from players not on your friends list to eliminate it.

Tho why they PM you? Who knows. You played low tier of late? As in tier 1 or 2? If so they could simply be doing bot PM's on every nick they did gather during those matches as they did do when it was an issue a few years ago before it died out here last. Or you been on a non WG site and posted your name for some "contest" etc they used. Either way, turning off PM's is the easiest way to fix it.

View Post_PanzerBitterbal_, on 23 April 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

For some idiotic reason Wargaming does nothing about this.

And what do you suggest they  do? These are new accounts that have one purpose. And if they get banned, they make a new one etc. And it's not like IP banning will help either.

bstb3 #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38891 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 April 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

There have been a few topics of late regarding this. But I have not seen a single one such PM yet. Tho you can turn on the option to not get PM's from players not on your friends list to eliminate it.

Tho why they PM you? Who knows. You played low tier of late? As in tier 1 or 2? If so they could simply be doing bot PM's on every nick they did gather during those matches as they did do when it was an issue a few years ago before it died out here last. Or you been on a non WG site and posted your name for some "contest" etc they used. Either way, turning off PM's is the easiest way to fix it.

And what do you suggest they  do? These are new accounts that have one purpose. And if they get banned, they make a new one etc. And it's not like IP banning will help either.

Maybe they should put a limit in - no contacting people through direct message before 100 battles played unless both sides of the communication are on both friends lists. Just make it more difficult - would they really bot 100 games just to make an account that gets banned quickly?

[I know you can block messages from non friends, but that then misses out on those glorious post game whines, and who would want to miss those?]

uglycousin #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45113 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
Came here hoping for premium ammo spam thread ... I am dissapoint now ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users