Booster Service Spamming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

bradleytank #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11315 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

Over the last few weeks, I and many others I know have been receiving unwanted personal messages from spam accounts made by members of the 'AOAUE' booster service. It's always the same message from a different account. Blacklisting doesn't work because they create new accounts every time. I would like WG to look into what can be done about this and let people know.

Picture of some of the spam messages attached.

voulezvous #2 Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

eSport Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17080 battles

View Postbradleytank, on 23 April 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Over the last few weeks, I and many others I know have been receiving unwanted personal messages from spam accounts made by members of the 'AOAUE' booster service. It's always the same message from a different account. Blacklisting doesn't work because they create new accounts every time. I would like WG to look into what can be done about this and let people know.

Picture of some of the spam messages attached.

Hey bradleytank!

Thanks for pointing it out. We are already aware of the problem and are working on it.

Unfortunately the nature of this issue doesn't allow us to communicate too much about this as, I'm sure you are aware, it could be used to avoid our safeties again.
Rest assured we are doing something about it.

kaadomin #3 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30703 battles
  • [NXD] NXD

View Postvoulezvous, on 24 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hey bradleytank!

Thanks for pointing it out. We are already aware of the problem and are working on it.

Unfortunately the nature of this issue doesn't allow us to communicate too much about this as, I'm sure you are aware, it could be used to avoid our safeties again.

Thank you

Maybe as workaround it could be possible to add the full sentence and the domain to the list of abusive words to make the spam useless in 90% of all cases

Next step should be an automated chat ban after sending same text with an URL to more than 5 (?) not friend-listed accounts during a certain time.

Only positive aspect: the chat service seems to work ... not stable but good enough :hiding:

bradleytank #4 Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11315 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

View Postvoulezvous, on 24 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hey bradleytank!

Thanks for getting back to me!

_SpartanWarrior_ #5 Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31405 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
That messages are just annoying...I hope it will be fixed ASAP.

Kerrigan23 #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21025 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem with the AOAUE spam.

@WG:

1. One easy way to fix this would be to restrict chat messages for players with less than 100 games played (or something like this). I noticed that all accounts spamming have 0 battles, so forcing them to play 100 battles could be discouraging. However, they could use bots to do it, so you need to think about some other parameters, too (winrate / avg damage / rating).

2. The other solution would be to block any messages containing key words like AOAUE, but this could probably bypassed easily by using an encrypted link to point out to the same address.

Anyway, you guys need to come up with a fix soon, it has become really annoying.

Thanks,

Kerrigan23

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users