Jump to content


Japanese Heavies Need Frontal Spaced Armour


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28386 battles
  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

I'm somewhat enjoying my newly acquired Type 4, but I have two types of games.  I either work nicely as a shot magnet, and don't even mind taking the focus of arty, or I hear a series of hissing noises as Soviet mediums and heavies provide my tank with additional ventilation.

 

Japanese Heavies, at least from tier 8, need spaced armour to make them effective in their role as bullet sponges and arty magnets.



Kozzy #2 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38512 battles
  • 2,306
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

*
POPULAR


Edited by Kozzy, 24 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.


barison1 #3 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34096 battles
  • 304
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 24 April 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'm somewhat enjoying my newly acquired Type 4, but I have two types of games.  I either work nicely as a shot magnet, and don't even mind taking the focus of arty, or I hear a series of hissing noises as Soviet mediums and heavies provide my tank with additional ventilation.

 

Japanese Heavies, at least from tier 8, need spaced armour to make them effective in their role as bullet sponges and arty magnets.

 

i hope your post is sarcasm, otherwise i can highly advise you to search a doctor to check your brain

Dava_117 #4 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17589 battles
  • 2,190
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

You're just kidding, isn't it?

The last thing I want are the types (especially type5) immune to premium too. If you want to bounce HEAT get a real HT, that can angle, don't rely on enemy to shoot AP to be effective and, in primis, don't have broken derpguns.



FluffyRedFox #5 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21564 battles
  • 7,695
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
Image result for no gif

leggasiini #6 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 9640 battles
  • 5,811
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Oh yes, just imagine a Type 5 Heavy that you couldn't touch with HEAT, which is by far the best way of fighting it. It's not like the tank is slightly overperforming already. Basically it would always deal 600 damage to you and you couldn't even fight it in return. Now that would be an amazing change.

 

Amazing idea, please implement it!   

 

/sarcasm off



Graeme0 #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22893 battles
  • 356
  • [U_L] U_L
  • Member since:
    02-15-2015

Yeah that'll be a well balanced thing to do....

 

Maybe throw in an autoloader for good measure....



FluffyRedFox #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21564 battles
  • 7,695
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postleggasiini, on 24 April 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Oh yes, just imagine a Type 5 Heavy that you couldn't touch with HEAT, which is by far the best way of fighting it. It's not like the tank is slightly overperforming already. Basically it would always deal 600 damage to you and you couldn't even fight it in return. Now that would be an amazing change.

 

Amazing idea, please implement it!   

 

/sarcasm off

Would also help them stop being so situational CZa0Ptb.png?1



barison1 #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34096 battles
  • 304
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

i also strongly suspect the OP is a japan HT player that finds itself in the middle of a open field to be amazed people shoot him.

 

if you check this page already; http://www.vbaddict....tsratio&server=

"Shots received w/o damage" you will see how high up type4 and type5 currently is with this parameter. surely it needs even more armor

 



mango91 #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 40476 battles
  • 1,760
  • [ORKI] ORKI
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

my brand new type4 is just a massive piece of crap, which slowly moves toward the usual td for the butchery

 

but man, spaced armor idea is just for trolling



Rooikat_ZA #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4640 battles
  • 176
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F
  • Member since:
    02-19-2016

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 24 April 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'm somewhat enjoying my newly acquired Type 4, but I have two types of games.  I either work nicely as a shot magnet, and don't even mind taking the focus of arty, or I hear a series of hissing noises as Soviet mediums and heavies provide my tank with additional ventilation.

 

Japanese Heavies, at least from tier 8, need spaced armour to make them effective in their role as bullet sponges and arty magnets.

 

Very well trolled sir...I especially love the play on the OP Soviets....bravo

Simeon85 #12 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 1,380
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Japanese heavies need killing with fire and left to die a horrible death. They are a terrible addition to the game, which is a common theme with many of the newer additions to the game, WG struggle to bring in new tanks that aren't either broken, completely OP or both. Japanese heavies, Swedish TDs, Russian monstrosities, OP premiums etc. their track record with new content over the last few years has not been great. 

Dr_Oolen #13 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20231 battles
  • 1,474
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
I agree, under one condition - that their guns get removed. And by removed i mean the tanks would have no guns at all and would be just frontally impenetrable driving spotting rocks for teammates to sidescrape behind.

CircleOfSorrow #14 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28386 battles
  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostDr_Oolen, on 24 April 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

I agree, under one condition - that their guns get removed. And by removed i mean the tanks would have no guns at all and would be just frontally impenetrable driving spotting rocks for teammates to sidescrape behind.

 

You wouldn't accept a compromise of a faster firing O-Ho derp cannon rather than neutering it completely? :)

Edited by CircleOfSorrow, 24 April 2018 - 11:29 AM.


Dr_Oolen #15 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20231 battles
  • 1,474
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 24 April 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

You wouldn't accept a compromise of a faster firing O-Ho derp cannon rather than neutering it completely? :)

 

I would, if it only had ~40 pen AP shells.

NoobySkooby #16 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6921 battles
  • 698
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostSimeon85, on 24 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Japanese heavies need killing with fire and left to die a horrible death. They are a terrible addition to the game, which is a common theme with many of the newer additions to the game, WG struggle to bring in new tanks that aren't either broken, completely OP or both. Japanese heavies, Swedish TDs, Russian monstrosities, OP premiums etc. their track record with new content over the last few years has not been great. 

 

Can we have something tier 5 or 6 which is British  and OP please

CircleOfSorrow #17 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28386 battles
  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 24 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

 

Can we have something tier 5 or 6 which is British  and OP please

 

That would just be unsporting old chap.

Tankyouverymuch2 #18 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28418 battles
  • 573
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

I know everyone's saying these tanks are ridiculously overpowered and REQUIRE having gold spammed at them, but to be completely honest, the Type 4's armor is garbage. Angle and you get hit in the Tiger P-like weakspot...

 

No spaced armor, just buff that corner plate to 250mm. Or actually, give the Type 4 270mm over the front, and the Type 5 can then have 290mm, because why can't we have another Obj. 268 4?...



CircleOfSorrow #19 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28386 battles
  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 24 April 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

I know everyone's saying these tanks are ridiculously overpowered and REQUIRE having gold spammed at them, but to be completely honest, the Type 4's armor is garbage. Angle and you get hit in the Tiger P-like weakspot...

 

No spaced armor, just buff that corner plate to 250mm. Or actually, give the Type 4 270mm over the front, and the Type 5 can then have 290mm, because why can't we have another Obj. 268 4?...

 

Ahh, another unbiased person that sees clearly!

barison1 #20 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34096 battles
  • 304
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 24 April 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

I know everyone's saying these tanks are ridiculously overpowered and REQUIRE having gold spammed at them, but to be completely honest, the Type 4's armor is garbage. Angle and you get hit in the Tiger P-like weakspot...

 

No spaced armor, just buff that corner plate to 250mm. Or actually, give the Type 4 270mm over the front, and the Type 5 can then have 290mm, because why can't we have another Obj. 268 4?...

 

http://www.vbaddict....tsratio&server=

thats why type4 has a Shots received w/o damage % of 49,80%, which is the highest of tier IX HT and only below t95 and tortoise of tier IX, such paper right?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users