Italian Tanks - Are they going to to be worth it.

Progetto Italian Tanks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #1 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

I'm about to complete stage 6 of the challenge.  Stage 7 will probably be out of my reach.  I'm likely to be out on Thursday night so 40k XP in too nights is probably beyond me.

So, for ~£20 I can get the remains of the bundle :-

Some camo for Tier 8 prems/Tier 10.

2 days premium

1M credits.

40 Personal Reserves

Slot + Tank

But what is it worth vs what it would cost to buy ?

The camo will go on the Prog or on the tier 10 if/when I get it in about a year+ (I'm grinding lots of tanks)

Buying premium by the day is silly and with discount on 6/12 months 2 days is worth very little.

1M credits - will take me about 2 hours in tier 8 prems with a booster.

Personal Reserves - I have over 300 already and struggle to use them.  As they don't work in CWs or Skirmishes they usually get wasted or just go unused.

Tank ... Reasons to want :-

As a credit earner it's redundant for me as I already have an adequate collection of tier 6/7/8 premiums.  Is it a particularly high earner ?

Crew trainer - are the Italian tanks going to be worth the effort ?  I have about 30 tank lines on the grind and although I inevitably WILL grind the Italian tanks the thing I've found with the Czech, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese and British ... a crew trainer is only really valuable if you have multiple crews on the go.  Either through multiple lines or because of "keepers" at various tiers.

Fun to play ?  I'm sure the autoloader hybrid will be novel and fun for a while, just as the Swedish siege mode is/was, but after a while the novelty will wear of and what will remain is the question ... when grinding credits, will I want to play the Prog over other prems that I have ?  Is it in any way OP ?

£20 is a lot of money for a bit of downloadable content and although this deal seems (probably is) better value than many of the massively over priced DLC bundles that WG sell, it is still £20 for a tank that will probably get played one or two hundred times.

So, surprisingly, I'm probably not going to buy it.  Is this the wrong decision ?  Anyone else not going to get (pay for) this tank ?

PauI #2 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24881 battles

let me share you my opinion StinkyStonky, as i only reached stage 8 yesterday and i do not want to grind stage 9 and 10 i payed 11euros for it

first as a credit earner is not the best, my lorr40t is the credit printer being also my preferred tank (2.6k battles in it). I try not to compare my progetto with lorr40t cuz on the lorr40t I run 7skill crew and advanced equipment but even so the prosecco is competitive, so fun if you like paper meds/lights like me, I am very happy to have it and it will go hand in hand with my lorr40t games.The tank is agile, good gun handeling, accommodate with the gun mechanism and it will be awesome, pen is average (i use standard only when top tier) and this make it not the best of credit earners,

but i play the thing for pure fun and it works great

regarding the Italian line from the test server....i played a bit the tier8 9 and 10.....tier 8 is ok but tier 9 and 10 ware a complete disappointment, if they do not buff them a bit I do not know if I will play higher than 8, maybe just maybe tier9, even if my skodat50 will eat the tier9 Italian all day everyday

Edited by PauI, 24 April 2018 - 11:29 AM.

tank276 #3 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48919 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostPauI, on 24 April 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

i do not want to grind stage 9 and 10 i payed 11euros for it

Same here

(2.6k battles in it)

on the lorr40t I run 7skill crew

Yes

The_Georgian_One #4 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35225 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostPauI, on 24 April 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

regarding the Italian line from the test server....i played a bit the tier8 9 and 10.....tier 8 is ok but tier 9 and 10 ware a complete disappointment, if they do not buff them a bit I do not know if I will play higher than 8, maybe just maybe tier9, even if my skodat50 will eat the tier9 Italian all day everyday

This is exactly why I will buy Prosecco, very much in line with my expectations for the tank, thanks. I will buy it despite already having quite a few tier 8 premiums - because of the novelty it brings and for variety reasons.

For the reasons mentioned by Paul I have no intent of grinding the Italian line. I may search for a low-to-mid-tier gem in the line and just keep it instead. Or play Prosciutto only and be happy about it.

To the OP's question - if there's no real incentive for you to buy it, don't. Don't just throw money at WG, as you may end up frustrated with tier 8 matchmaking and being bullied by tier 9s and 10s. I already envisage fighting Types will be particularly funny in this thing...

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 24 April 2018 - 11:41 AM.

farko1 #5 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30186 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 24 April 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm about to complete stage 6 of the challenge.  Stage 7 will probably be out of my reach.  I'm likely to be out on Thursday night so 40k XP in too nights is probably beyond me.

So, for ~£20 I can get the remains of the bundle :-

Some camo for Tier 8 prems/Tier 10.

2 days premium

1M credits.

40 Personal Reserves

Slot + Tank

But what is it worth vs what it would cost to buy ?

The camo will go on the Prog or on the tier 10 if/when I get it in about a year+ (I'm grinding lots of tanks)

Buying premium by the day is silly and with discount on 6/12 months 2 days is worth very little.

1M credits - will take me about 2 hours in tier 8 prems with a booster.

Personal Reserves - I have over 300 already and struggle to use them.  As they don't work in CWs or Skirmishes they usually get wasted or just go unused.

Tank ... Reasons to want :-

As a credit earner it's redundant for me as I already have an adequate collection of tier 6/7/8 premiums.  Is it a particularly high earner ?

Crew trainer - are the Italian tanks going to be worth the effort ?  I have about 30 tank lines on the grind and although I inevitably WILL grind the Italian tanks the thing I've found with the Czech, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese and British ... a crew trainer is only really valuable if you have multiple crews on the go.  Either through multiple lines or because of "keepers" at various tiers.

Fun to play ?  I'm sure the autoloader hybrid will be novel and fun for a while, just as the Swedish siege mode is/was, but after a while the novelty will wear of and what will remain is the question ... when grinding credits, will I want to play the Prog over other prems that I have ?  Is it in any way OP ?

£20 is a lot of money for a bit of downloadable content and although this deal seems (probably is) better value than many of the massively over priced DLC bundles that WG sell, it is still £20 for a tank that will probably get played one or two hundred times.

So, surprisingly, I'm probably not going to buy it.  Is this the wrong decision ?  Anyone else not going to get (pay for) this tank ?

Yes i had the same reasons not to buy it but bought it at %60 discount ...

Simeon85 #6 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Doubt the italian tanks will be worth it, even after the buffs the tier 10 looks like a worse TVP to me, plus paper tanks in this meta are just pointless.

Playing something paper when there are OP EDIT like the v4, 430U, Type 5 etc. on tier 10, is just asking for games of frustration, especially with the current map rotation. 

I mean paper stuff on maps like Mountain Pass, Abbey etc. yeh that is no fun, you are basically hoping your heavies are better than their heavies, it's world of heavy tanks these days, paper stuff just isn't good enough to influence battles on many maps even with burst damage from an autoloader. 

Edited by Kampa1987, 24 April 2018 - 12:15 PM.
Vulgarism

Geno1isme #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41470 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Well, the Premium seems to be the best Italian tank going by the stats. The techtree on the CT so far looks rather underwhelming.

PauI #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24881 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 24 April 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well, the Premium seems to be the best Italian tank going by the stats. The techtree on the CT so far looks rather underwhelming.

tier6 looks nice also on paper (i have not play it on test server), tier8 looks ok to play the new mechanics if you do not have progetto46, tier7 9 and 10 look bad to me

geoff99 #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37280 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Good topic OP. I've been asking myself the same questions.

I can't really add to Simeon's comments, which seem on the money, as usual.

I've been playing a lot of Obj 430 recently. It's equally at home and effective in open and city maps and very forgiving. If you want to do well in the current meta, heavy meds/light heavies seem the pain-free way to do it. Auto reloaders just aren't going to cut it (unless they have massive buffs before hitting the live server).

Rati_Festa #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41501 battles
I played about 20 games in the Progretto last night. Its good fun and quite nimble. The burst dmg works great when needed, I managed 1 game 6k dmg which is very good for me, amazingly though not good enough for an ace.

I dont think it will be a good credit earner due to the loading system. Have to change the whole clip once u have had to switch to gold is very hard to adapt to. You mentally have to think I dont need the pen and I wont have a full clip for 20+ seconds. I was blazing prem ammo like mad...

Edited by Rati_Festa, 24 April 2018 - 01:02 PM.

DangerMouse #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24801 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Working on Stage 8 and for 11 euro will buy it to try out the new AutoReloader without having to grind the Italian tree.

DM

Dr_ownape #12 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41926 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Seems very good at doing damage from what my IDEAD has been saying. I will buy it on Friday (although 3rd party evidence says you can use the discount until the 30th) after hopefully finishing stage 8 with my current Type 4 grind.

WhoCares01 #13 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11525 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 24 April 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

I played about 20 games in the Progretto last night. Its good fun and quite nimble. The burst dmg works great when needed, I managed 1 game 6k dmg which is very good for me, amazingly though not good enough for an ace.

Well you compete with unicums like skill4u (or some such) 3-marking it. Watched him on twitch yesterday - the final battle earning him the third mark, he didn't fire a single shot and scored >6k spotting alone :bush:

TheR3dBaron #14 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33925 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostPauI, on 24 April 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

The tank is agile, good gun handeling, accommodate with the gun mechanism and it will be awesome, pen is average (i use standard only when top tier) and this make it not the best of credit earners,

I'm sorry, but the gun handling is rather poor if you ask me. Snapshots, even at shorter ranges are a no go. The aim time is not too bad, but emptying the clip when not sitting on top of the enemy requires aiming. I've swapped optics for vents and combine it with BIA and spaghetti. I'm also working on the gun handling skills at the moment.

The agility is a plus combined with the gun mechanism, which requires some getting used to.

JocMeister #15 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21882 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
You really shouldn´t buy any T8 premiums at all.

TheR3dBaron #16 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33925 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostJocMeister, on 24 April 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

You really shouldn´t buy any T8 premiums at all.

It took you 14 tanks to get to that conclusion?

IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
Only if they get the historically accurate "switching sides when things are going badly" feature. Way I see it, this line is all about win rate.

JocMeister #18 Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21882 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 24 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

It took you 14 tanks to get to that conclusion?

Or the recently changed MM gave me that conclusion?

TheR3dBaron #19 Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33925 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostJocMeister, on 24 April 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Or the recently changed MM gave me that conclusion?

I don't mind the template system, but I agree, there should be less a 3 tier spread because of the responsibility put in the hands of the tier 10. Having said that, I'm not certain it was better back in the old days, where you could be the only tier 8 in a tier 10 match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users