My Playstyle

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FitGirl #1 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles

For this Topic : I appreciate good comments, comments that do not match this post (land on ignore / be reported)

I think it's time to write about how I play this Game - I am grateful for any corrections.

SPG :

So i have only my Birchgun : I try to hit Lights first cause there are to dangerous for me. Many time i was killed by lights.

Light's :

omg... Light British tanks are slow except for the Covenanter slow, ugly very slow. And very hard to play like the Mk. II ( but his derp 3.7-inch Howitzer ) I try to not rush... I do not want to die within the first 2 minutes, I'm not a Japanese ...

Medium :

Medium tanks are a lot of fun. For comparison of other nations, the Matilda is the most beautiful and in my opinion the best. Yes it may be that there are others, but I have not yet explored. My way of playing, when I drive the Matilda i support other heavy tanks. ( Front Brawling )

Heavys :

Heavy tanks of this nation are OK. I do not campe very much because I know that most impacts do not pass through my front armor. Yes, there are times when I camp, too, if I know that's an Tier 7/8 (or argh KV-2 = hate this ~400dmg frontal hits...)  And my survival rate is not very high, cause I think : a heavy tank must be in the front of Battle. Churchill I / VII are lame but with a certain grace.

Tank Destroyers :

Now comes the point : At-2 / At-8 are not really tank destroyers. These are kind of heavy tanks without a tower. Am often with a few exceptions, in the center of the action. The cannon is awesome, very accurate.

Overall : (cons)

What I hate most is players like "Loewe"  and  others who camp behind low levels. " Example full hp tier 8 camps 5m behind a tier 5 Arty. " 

I know camping behind low levels is pointless and tasteless to/for me. Next, Lemmings are terrible too. And worst of all, players who die after just 30 seconds through uncontrolled gameplay.

Overall : (pro)

Players who master a class of tanks, and where I like to watch (example i died, often i left battel...) you can really learn something. Yes, there are the players like the one from the clan "*****" who managed to reduce 4 opponents with 42% Hp. Heavy Tank - Opponent 2 Heavy (24% / 72%) 1 Tank Destroyer (60%) 1 Arty (100%). Or the artillery "GW Panther" of the opponent Team, who just makes 10 frags in 5mins - on this day. (For Counter-Battery Fire and more*)

Should I somehow be wrong or someone has a nice idea / improvement on this post - please be free.

Maps : (only one)

I hate : http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Karelia

bangash #2 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26723 battles
  • [SCRPN] SCRPN
If you really want to learn and progress fast stick with lights and mediums. On open field maps study every bush and its impact, in this way you will understand enemy movement and will act accordingly like spotting, slow down their advances. For all this you have to experience those tanks as well, light armored tanks are good for scouting and sniping try them first like french, chinese, or stallinium armor for easy way out.

FitGirl #3 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles

Well, I miss the 100% crew for my lights so spotting is pretty hard. And yes i will try it but I'm worried. and for the end Fun is worth more than anything else.

ty for replay

Dead_in_30_seconds #4 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1804 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

'And worst of all, players who die after just 30 seconds through uncontrolled gameplay.'

Damn! :)

bangash #5 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26723 battles
  • [SCRPN] SCRPN
When crew reach 100% always put sixth sense as first skill for commander and brother in arm skill on second. For the rest of the crew BIA skill should be first. For prefer scout tank always put coated optics or bino to increase spotting radius. During scouting do not fire, stay calm otherwise you will blow up your cover.

Dead_in_30_seconds #6 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1804 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Tier V Leopard is a fun LT.

Decent view range, camo, armour and mobility for it's tier.

Gun is pretty good(ish) too.

FitGirl #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 24 April 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Tier V Leopard is a fun LT.

Decent view range, camo, armour and mobility for it's tier.

Gun is pretty good(ish) too.

maybe but as you can see in my stats i dont play German Tanks.....

Dr_Grigz #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20322 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-
Why would you only play British tanks ? They are.... kinda meh like imagine US being jacks of all trade, and the brits are basically Jacks of all trades but fat and slow.... and fast firing guns and decent pen. Just play russian tanks and you will improve instantly. :trollface:

FitGirl #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles
A legitimate question, Why I play British - it's always says : Russia and Germany would be friendly for beginners. I just wanted to refute this idea, does not mean that it is not right but here we are and it works. And there are so few who play the British Tanks. Almost forgot I like this voice from the British "We ding them" ...

OIias_of_Sunhillow #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23364 battles

View PostFitGirl, on 24 April 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

SPG :

So i have only my Birchgun : I try to hit Lights first cause there are to dangerous for me. Many time i was killed by lights.

Don't do that, unless they're camped behind a rock/static.

Unfortunately, you just have to trust your team in getting rid of most of the light tanks/spotters.

Hit the big stuff, the ones with the most hit-points. Your team will thank you for that.

FitGirl #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles
A good idea but as you may have noticed, nobody really helps you when playing arty. A sad "I'm alone" Techtree. But funny.

Hendrik3 #12 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK
Alo!

Just a little further than you, but still quite nooby:

View PostFitGirl, on 24 April 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

SPG :

As artillery, your task is supporting the team - I only attack lights if they are spotting team members who are receiving damage because of being spotted by it. As soon as you have one roaming behind the lines looking for you, hide and try to shotgun him (close range hit). No one will help, unless someone is camping nearby - but that is arty's fate, sadly.
Try prioritizing - see what flank is buckling, or if you see a certain OP tank is moving up - try and see where the problem is going to be and focus your fire there.
At tier 5, I like to hunt tank destroyers, especially the T-67 and E-25 (because I fecking hate those). One shell through that roof can take one out instantly and you want those guns silenced.
Whatever is holding up or harassing your teammates needs to die first - and if it's 3 arties on both teams, taking those out may well be decisive.

Overall, what I'm doing now is stopping at Tier 5 until I have my first crew skills. Sixth Sense on a commander is heaven on any tank - and you can't effectively get crew skills when you change trough vehicle tiers (unless you use gold to get your crew to 100%)... 

FitGirl #13 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles
Maybe

Edit. if yes my answer : NO

Edited by FitGirl, 24 April 2018 - 01:36 PM.

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostFitGirl, on 24 April 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

I think it's time to write about how I play this Game - I am grateful for any corrections.

What are you looking for? Comments on how you play? Hints, that sort of thing? Comments on "your hints to others"?

Hendrik3 #15 Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

View PostFitGirl, on 24 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Maybe

Edit. if yes my answer : NO

This is my main account. Regardless, I do have 101 games in my Grille alone, plenty more in French arty. The role of arty stays the same.
But whatever, keep on shooting lights for all I care.  

ederfe #16 Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14088 battles

View Postbangash, on 24 April 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

When crew reach 100% always put sixth sense as first skill for commander and brother in arm skill on second. For the rest of the crew BIA skill should be first. For prefer scout tank always put coated optics or bino to increase spotting radius. During scouting do not fire, stay calm otherwise you will blow up your cover.

Utter nonsense! Sixth sense is a perk and wont work before it is at 100% which is 200k exp later. And bia is also a perk but it also requires all crewmembers have it in order to work. And as you suggest the 6th sense for commander that will be 600k exp later... "Good advice"

Edited by ederfe, 24 April 2018 - 02:20 PM.

fallenkezef #17 Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10035 battles
  • [TALLY] TALLY
Grond the Cromwell, Embrace the Cromwell, love the Cromwell.

Then you must suffer, you must be reforged in pain with the Comet to be proven worthy.

If you survive trial by Conet you then get Centurions and in the end all you need is the Matilda, Cromwell and Centurions

Babbet_1 #18 Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9742 battles

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 24 April 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

'And worst of all, players who die after just 30 seconds through uncontrolled gameplay.'

Damn! :)

Well, I think your gameplay is very controlled. You asked for the rest of it though! :D

Dead_in_30_seconds #19 Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1804 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I was guilty of a lot of uncontrolled gameplay in my first few hundred battles. But since I've plugged in my mouse and keyboard, I'm getting better.

Edited by Dead_in_30_seconds, 24 April 2018 - 06:53 PM.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9559 battles

View PostFitGirl, on 24 April 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

For this Topic : I appreciate good comments, comments that do not match this post (land on ignore / be reported)

Maps : (only one)

I hate : http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Karelia

I guess from your comments you are using the British tech tree? I would not say that line is the best to start with.

The guns are not the best, the armour is not the best, the speed is not the best etc.

Plus crew and correct equipment together with map knowledge all help. The top guns in the research are also not always the most useful.

The learning curve is quite high when you first starting. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users