Jump to content


Platooning, on life support?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Condono #1 Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10022 battles
  • 422
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011
I remember the time when you could make fail platoons that actually worked, with PZ1C ... going around and pissing off large enemy tanks while they were incapable to do anything against you. Then came the time when restrictions were put in and you could platoon up with few tiers higher or lower. Now there seem to be same tier platoons only and artilleries can't form up FV304 lolplatoons. What is gonna happen next?

Edited by Condono, 25 April 2018 - 07:57 PM.


kokek #2 Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18584 battles
  • 31
  • [SP_SQ] SP_SQ
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
what?

Tipperty #3 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19027 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
I remember when I pint of beer was £1.60 and mars bars were the size of your arm, What is going to happen next?

Edited by Tipperty, 25 April 2018 - 08:17 PM.


Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14408 battles
  • 25,424
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
All of those were good changes IMO, I don't see anything wrong with them.

Homer_J #5 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostTipperty, on 25 April 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

I remember when I pint of beer was £1.60 and mars bars were the size of your arm, What is going to happen next?

 

I remember when a gallon of petrol was less than a quid and wagon wheels were the size of actual wagon wheels.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 27869 battles
  • 9,349
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 25 April 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

 

I remember when a gallon of petrol was less than a quid and wagon wheels were the size of actual wagon wheels.

 

Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

You're right there Obediah.

Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.



Tipperty #7 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19027 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 25 April 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

 

I remember when a gallon of petrol was less than a quid and wagon wheels were the size of actual wagon wheels.

 

I remember when hubba bubba only came in bubble gum flavor and there were only 3 channels on the TV.

ProDefect #8 Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12959 battles
  • 374
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010
I remember when we used to live in caves...

Consett_Steel #9 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17207 battles
  • 517
  • Member since:
    08-18-2012

View PostTipperty, on 25 April 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

I remember when hubba bubba only came in bubble gum flavor and there were only 3 channels on the TV.

3 channels?????? Posh lad. 



Tipperty #10 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19027 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostConsett_Steel, on 25 April 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

3 channels?????? Posh lad. 

 

Black n white, not that posh :(

Private_Pearts #11 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20599 battles
  • 432
  • [WOPR] WOPR
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015
I remember when a bag of chips was 8p, you could get a bag of sweets for a penny and this was all fields.

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19707 battles
  • 5,893
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 25 April 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

 and this was all fields.

 

This made me laugh harder than it should...
 

FluffyRedFox #13 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21566 battles
  • 7,700
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 25 April 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

All of those were good changes IMO, I don't see anything wrong with them.

 

but muh tier X Lefh games

250swb #14 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20814 battles
  • 4,603
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostCondono, on 25 April 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

What is gonna happen next?

 

Hopefully nothing will happen next. Time was when platoons could ruin a battle for everybody else, but now platoons are almost like Premium tanks, not quite the best but ok. It's good that platoons can't dictate the battle anymore, they now have to work and not farm, like any other tank in the battle. 


Edited by 250swb, 25 April 2018 - 10:28 PM.


TheComfyChair #15 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6106 battles
  • 517
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 25 April 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

You're right there Obediah.

Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

 

Classic :honoring:



Condono #16 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10022 battles
  • 422
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

When you make a topic with expectations of everybody gonna agree with you and it somehow gets de-railed and people disagree with you.

*mistakes were made*



K_A #17 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13566 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostCondono, on 25 April 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

When you make a topic with expectations of everybody gonna agree with you and it somehow gets de-railed and people disagree with you.

*mistakes were made*

 

Well, considering 99% of all fail platoons and arty platoons were not actually fun for the other 27 people in the battle, I'm not surprised. Fail toons that actually worked was a vast, vast minority, most were just a bunch of no-good idiots trolling your team which everybody hated, and arty platoons, while it might've been fun for the 3 people in the platoon, were not healthy in the wider gameplay spectrum perspective.

Condono #18 Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10022 battles
  • 422
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostK_A, on 25 April 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

 

Well, considering 99% of all fail platoons and arty platoons were not actually fun for the other 27 people in the battle, I'm not surprised. Fail toons that actually worked was a vast, vast minority, most were just a bunch of no-good idiots trolling your team which everybody hated, and arty platoons, while it might've been fun for the 3 people in the platoon, were not healthy in the wider gameplay spectrum perspective.

 

But the thing is... things have not changed that much. It is not like the fail platoons disappeared, they simply do it in same tier platoons now or just roll around in solo. I don't mind the same tiers platoons but I do miss driving something else when a friend jumps into tier 7 or 8... wish they just left +/-1 option.

Edited by Condono, 25 April 2018 - 11:15 PM.


NoobySkooby #19 Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7024 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostCondono, on 25 April 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I remember the time when you could make fail platoons that actually worked, with PZ1C ... going around and pissing off large enemy tanks while they were incapable to do anything against you. Then came the time when restrictions were put in and you could platoon up with few tiers higher or lower. Now there seem to be same tier platoons only and artilleries can't form up FV304 lolplatoons. What is gonna happen next?

 

I have been told that you can only have one Arty in a toon, but put a toon of Panzer 1's  together and it is cue the Benny hill music time, no matter how I try I just cannot take these tanks seriously, definitely let your hair down tanks, fun fun fun.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 26 April 2018 - 12:30 AM.


Rage_Quit_Inc #20 Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5211 battles
  • 192
  • [RQI] RQI
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 25 April 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

 

I remember when a gallon of petrol was less than a quid and wagon wheels were the size of actual wagon wheels.

 

Replay?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users