physics downhill

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

luxoil230 #1 Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22357 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
Hi, for some time now I have noticed that using terrain to your advantage can be really annoying. What I'm talking about is mostly small hills and rocks in the terrain. If you happen to drive on one of them sideways, you basically become stuck until your tank slowly slides down the hill. With rocks (ie in Overlord, Mountain Pass), it is the same except that happens even if you are on top of one. The tank seizes up until you are on "solid" ground, which is when you have already died and/or fallen down off of the cliff. Anyone else notice this?

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There are a coupld of threads about it ( probably on page 2 )

An easy fix for the time being is to look where you are driving. 

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV
Ya there are parts on most maps where it turns into the Matrix and you have to wonder... there are also moments when you reverse and the side of your tracks touch the wall of some building and the whole tanks starts to reverse vertically up it and you have to just wait and see what happens... maybe the tank returns to some level of control and not flip over on its side but it's a flip of a coin, you are no longer in control at that point so just have to lower your jaw and raise them eyebrows in a "wt* is going on? really?" facial expression. All games tend to have those little areas and foibles, there was many cases of tanks passing through and getting stuck in buildings or bunkers or even getting launched high into the digital sky, it's just a case of knowing them I suppose and working around it while WG devs pick up on them and fix them :)

Kozzy #4 Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38512 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postluxoil230, on 26 April 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hi, for some time now I have noticed that using terrain to your advantage can be really annoying. What I'm talking about is mostly small hills and rocks in the terrain. If you happen to drive on one of them sideways, you basically become stuck until your tank slowly slides down the hill. With rocks (ie in Overlord, Mountain Pass), it is the same except that happens even if you are on top of one. The tank seizes up until you are on "solid" ground, which is when you have already died and/or fallen down off of the cliff. Anyone else notice this?

You just need to play like every surface is polished smooth and covered in oil, this is what WG believes the world is like.

Also tagged with physics, downhill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users