Who do we want to be?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Marybanks #1 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24363 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

I think it's funny and scary at the same time, to notice the topics, and the relation there is, between the forum topics, and what is expressed in-game on the battlefields.

Players complain about the toxicity in chat and want it removed. They advice others to turn off their chats, because the level of toxicity is too high. 
Most of these players, I believe, does actually have a very low level of self-value, and confidence.

One question to each of you guys, I want you to think about yourselves, individually.

Who would you choose to be?

The spoiled, passive, toxic whining brat, complaining and complaining, waiting for Wargaming to take actions, or the responsible active player, who sees his own mistakes, and is in to change the chat, so it becomes less toxic?
As individual players, we can do something to change the chat, which also is a part of the game. I have seen people saying thanks in chat. I have seen players giving constructive advices, to remaining allies. But the level of toxicity, have made many players turn off the battlechat, so they don't see it. You, as player, can do an active part, in figthing the toxicicty. By being down to earth, calm and relaxed in chat and communication with your allies. Compliment, when they do a good job, forgive when they make mistakes, request respectfully if allies doesn't go exactly where you would want them to go.
"Nice shooting...", "try this next time..." "we could use your assistance on this flank..."
last, for example if heavies doesn't go where they're supposed to go.
You don't need a stupid color scale, to tell you who's good and who's bad, and most the times, there is a reason, why players are driving to certain positions with their tanks.
Think once again, how it was, when you were new player. Did you know everything, about every tank in the game? No, you didn't. You were unsure, vulnerable, and about to learn the things, the mechanics of the game, and the way each class of tanks were driven. You remember what the chat was like back then? Just think it, in your head. I believe you are wise enough to answer these questions honestly. This game, world of tanks, is of a size, where new players start every single day. Can we as remaining allies, use a spam-pinging on one specific postion? I can't. And I don't think any other could as well. So think a bit about what you would do to change the things by the game, for example in the chat, before you ask Wargaming to do something. Try to do it yourself.
I know you can

mpf1959 #2 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16576 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's a pretty tall order to try and change human nature, but there's no harm in trying, and I wish you all the best! But in reality we have influence over ourselves only, and well-meaning advice (directed to others) has been hitting the rocks for millennia.

One point from your post: one man's "giving constructive advices, to remaining allies." is another mans "dont tell me what to do dead guy"! ;)

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23067 battles
I want to be the angry critical drunkard

Consett_Steel #4 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17566 battles
All good points OP. Brace yourself for the usual big lads explaining that people need to man up and stop worrying about toxic chat. 

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostConsett_Steel, on 27 April 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

All good points OP. Brace yourself for the usual big lads explaining that people need to man up and stop worrying about toxic chat. 

Well...considering how many subs 48%ers complain about being called names in game i can understand the frustration when you get bots over bots every game where you can do all you want all effort is for nothing because half the team is still chewing their crayons.

Think of it this way...you are trying to build a house of cards and every time you are almost finished a dunce comes by and decides to help you by dropping a card on top causing it to fall over...how long are you going to be forgiving? 

Consett_Steel #6 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17566 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 27 April 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Well...considering how many subs 48%ers complain about being called names in game i can understand the frustration when you get bots over bots every game where you can do all you want all effort is for nothing because half the team is still chewing their crayons.

Think of it this way...you are trying to build a house of cards and every time you are almost finished a dunce comes by and decides to help you by dropping a card on top causing it to fall over...how long are you going to be forgiving? 

If its just a game, pretty much forever. If it got so bad that it made me very sad and prone to childish outbursts, I'd probably find another way to amuse myself. 

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostConsett_Steel, on 27 April 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

If its just a game, pretty much forever. If it got so bad that it made me very sad and prone to childish outbursts, I'd probably find another way to amuse myself. 

Sure it's a game but since it isn't a SP game players expect not to be f*cked over by teammates who don't understand how to play the game or in some cases don't even play at all after a cetain amount of battles.

Some say everybody should be able to reach an average WR after a while unless they have some kind of handicap so it's kind of sad to have 47% WR after 22k games if OP is a healthy person. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 27 April 2018 - 01:37 PM.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I think someone called the OP a useless noob.  :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29784 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 27 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Sure it's a game but since it isn't a SP game players expect not to be f*cked over by teammates who don't understand how to play the game or in some cases don't even play at all after a cetain amount of battles.

Some say everybody should be able to reach an average WR after a while unless they have some kind of handicap so it's kind of sad to have 47% WR after 22k games if OP is a healthy person. 

MP or not if you want structured teamplay then you go play a structured gamemode, CW/SH/whatever. If you're going to play the random queue you should be going in with the expectation of having to put up with the clusterfuck insanity that comes with it.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I do get the cross chat removal. It was 90% trash talk and 5% giving away the coordinates for the last tank on your team that is trying to carry. 3% jokes and 2% polite talk. So that did serve little purpose IMO. Cross chat was removed for several reasons. WG's concern on the age rating approval they had was one of them. As by cross chat alone, it would be 18.

Team chat? Way less toxic IMO. It has it's fair share of toxic chat ofc. But not that bad that you need to 100% disable it. A majority of it is the basic "crap team again" more so then a racist line etc. A majority of the team chat the way I see it... is from the dead armchair commander telling everyone what to do, and they are idiots if they don't do what he says. And most find it more fun to 100% ignore those as well. So no.. I don't find team chat to be bad... that it should be removed. Most of it is still just asking for help, GL, and GG from my view more so then trash talk.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 April 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

MP or not if you want structured teamplay then you go play a structured gamemode, CW/SH/whatever. If you're going to play the random queue you should be going in with the expectation of having to put up with the clusterfuck insanity that comes with it.

I had more shooters games where everyone was actually working for a win.....in WoT it's a different story....it can't be that hard though since you still meet a few willing to work as a team. 

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 April 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

I do get the cross chat removal. It was 90% trash talk

Yeah it was fantastic.  Wish they'd bring it back.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29784 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 27 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

I had more shooters games where everyone was actually working for a win.....in WoT it's a different story....it can't be that hard though since you still meet a few willing to work as a team. 

Shooters are different. Stuff like Battlefield you can do the dumbest crap imaginable and the cost is trivial as you're respawned in 15 secs to go and do the same dumb crap over again. It's not that WoT players aren't trying to win, it's that mistakes are punished exponentially more harshly. I'll guarantee you if they had their own version of XVM the average shooter game would be just as much a sea of red as WoT is.

CraftyVeteran #14 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4255 battles
  • [-VIKG] -VIKG
so tell me whatcha want whatcha really really want....

Kozzy #15 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 27 April 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Yeah it was fantastic.  Wish they'd bring it back.

Indeed. Smack-talk has been part of PVP from day one.  Back then (in the good 'ole days) people took and received it and got on.  These days I feel people are in more need of 'safe spaces'.  I'm not condoning anything ultra harsh (like racism, sexism, homophobia, wishing death etc) or anything but telling some douchebag to STFU after he has complained because you shot his Borsig with 420 HEAT should be fair game if you ask me, all part of the 'online gaming experience'.

Private_Pearts #16 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22237 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

"Who do we want to be?"

Jennifer Aniston's **** buddy..........................

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I wanna be a billionair, soo ***** bad. Buy all of the tanks I never had...

Hate that song btw

Bigtime_Alarm #18 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18149 battles
Most players seem to want to be the kind of hero who relies on an aimbot to stroke his ego and tells anyone who objects they are whiners.

CmdRatScabies #19 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 27 April 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Most players seem to want to be the kind of hero who relies on an aimbot to stroke his ego and tells anyone who objects they are whiners.

Did some nasty tank shoot you?  Ask mommy kiss it better.

TheJumpMaster #20 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47846 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 27 April 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I want to be the angry critical drunkard

Don't you want to try something new :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users