T-44

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

FLYVEOGLE #1 Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11632 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB
I really hate driving the T-44, mainly because of the gun.
I can't penetrate anything!
Will it ever get a good gun? I mean before you get the other turret on.
I need 10K exp to get the turret, but with no damage delt in matches and no premium it's going to take ages!

Maybe I'm just playing it wrong?
I've started to stay behind heavies and just shoot at enemies like a maniac. usually with HE.
I just really feel useless to the whole team, because I don't feel like I damage nything!

any tips or advices?
Please help.

WoTDaFoCh #2 Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20116 battles
  • [EDF] EDF
you should be able to get that 10,000 within a few hours,i upgraded my turret for the T29 wich needed the same last night....took a few hour constant playing though,T44 isnt a bad tank when upgraded.

Deleted_User_spa_740557 #3 Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 7399 battles
new gun and better engine WITH new patch 7 ;)

MushinLeonidas #4 Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3336 battles
Yup, when the patch 7.0 comes, you will have a better time grinding towards the T-54. The new gun also looks pretty nice ;)

Deleted_User_spa_740557 #5 Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 7399 battles

View PostFLYVEOGLE, on 29 November 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

I really hate driving the T-44, mainly because of the gun.
Will it ever get a good gun? I mean before you get the other turret on.
I need 10K exp to get the turret, but with no damage delt in matches and no premium it's going to take ages!

I've started to stay behind heavies and just shoot at enemies like a maniac. usually with HE.
I just really feel useless to the whole team, because I don't feel like I damage nything!

any tips or advices?
Please help.

btw, learn to play medium, many many times i have seen peoples DON'T know the role of medium, tell me, T-44 should face LOWE one on one face to face? Jes??

First ,T-44 is fast, so you CAN AND YOU SHOULD take key position BEFORE your heavy tanks, so you can spot approaching enemy so your heavy tanks don't get into enemy fire but vice versa...

Me win ratio is allot better with medium tanks, cuz i provide better support to heavy tanks in team, rather when i drove heavy tank and medium is hiding in base... So i bump blind into enemy and then i am finished fast...

earnings in medium can be allot better than in heavy...

T-44 is good tank, yes it have rather poor iDiot gun, and yes ammo rack can be blowed... But... Trust me, is good tank, and with better 100mm gun and better engine AND better armor values this tank will own on battlefield...

p.s.

and any stock tank sucks ;)
upgraded T-44 can bring victory to team ;)

Just learn strengths and weakness of tank...

FLYVEOGLE #6 Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11632 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB
Is the new gun able to be mounted on the stock turret? If not, it's not relevant to me, as the 100mm suited me fine up till now.
I just find it hard to understand why I should attack anything in T-44, I'd rather use it as scout till i get a gun that can actually penetrate something.
Without premium it just takes ages to get the neede exp, and when I'm loosing about 10k credits every match it will take a lot of work on other tanks to keep making any credits, so I'll be able to buy T-54... sometime the next century  :P

MosquitoSR #7 Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10443 battles
It's hard with standard account, i know, i don't have premium either ... i played with M4 for credits and with T-44 for XP... try to support your team with 85mm, it can penetrate something after all... when you unlock second turret it will be much more fun to play  :Smile_great: can't wait for new gun and engine  :Smile-playing:

Pesi #8 Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11394 battles
  • [NORC] NORC
I had the same experience with the T-44 in the beginning, but now it works just fine :) I had to wait a long time for it as I did the KV-13 first, then the T-43 and finally the T-44. Yesterday I got the T-54 which was my ultimate goal, but again, the stock version sucks and the matching make me die in less than a minute, unless I camp......

Gorr_ #9 Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14778 battles
Will say in short - 59's are below in team list, but much better tanks right now... Hope this new patch will bring things back how they should be  :Smile-izmena:

PadyEos #10 Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14598 battles
First you need to learn how to kill and IS-4 with an M4A3E8 then you most certainly will be able to do it with the T-44(Slightly exaggerated maybe learn how to kill a KT in the Easy8 first , and then try and IS-4). If you can't do those 2 things you would have been better off going for the german medium line.

FLYVEOGLE #11 Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11632 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB
Just wants to say that i just got the 100mm on it, thanks to the 3 days premium from Alienware...
Anyways, I love it!  :Smile-izmena:

Deleted_User_spa_740557 #12 Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 7399 battles

View PostFLYVEOGLE, on 01 December 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

Just wants to say that i just got the 100mm on it, thanks to the 3 days premium from Alienware...
Anyways, I love it!  :Smile-izmena:

wait for NEW 100mm ;)

then you will see what is monster... and when new patch come and bring even better armor ( better sloped values + nerfed HE dmg )  :Smile-playing:

But i still love Pershing most  :Smile-izmena:

FLYVEOGLE #13 Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11632 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB
Will it prevent me from getting racked all the time too?
Happened 4 matched in a row now...

Deleted_User_spa_740557 #14 Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 7399 battles

View PostFLYVEOGLE, on 01 December 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Will it prevent me from getting racked all the time too?
Happened 4 matched in a row now...

if i read correct something will be done...

for now don't show sides to enemy too much...

DriveBy #15 Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16931 battles

any tips or advices?
Please help.
Just wait for new patch and as said before you will get better gun, better engine and more durable ammorack.

This tank is significantly weaker than Pershing and Panther 2 and that's the reason WG is going to modify it. It is seriously underachieving right now - signifcantly lower avgxp, damage per battle and kills per battle than german and US counterparts. It's also quite crude to drive.

But form your post I see that it's not just tanks fault but your fault too:

Dude, don't use HE! HE has some limited usage but with proper play you will need HE once per 10-20 games.

T-44 is medium (currently with limited mobility compared to it's peers, but it will be better soon). As medium it is meant to manouver, flank and get close in.

Instead of sniping with HE which can only piss-off opponents but not harm them try to get close and make use of APs put in enemy side and rear.

Be aggressive. I know it's not easy with underachieving tank, but in 1-2 weeks you will have new, improved version of this tank which is meant for serious, aggressive play.

dudnic #16 Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15468 battles
You need  to hit the side of tanks to pen., the other t8 meds maybe don't have to.
When I say side, try not to hit side armor of the tanks (especially the russian tanks), hit the armor behind the tracks, if you are close you will probably have to switch to sniper mode. Guarantied pen with the idiot gun (lb1 too) on is7.

Try to use the tank as a spotter, poke around corners, if you some heavies, fall back (you have the horsepower), let the big guys finish him, when dead, move on.

dzsonwoo #17 Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9303 battles
So I've red this topic and I have a few thigs to say.

U got the d10t fairly eary, so by this time u should already know its capabilities inside out, if u just bought urself in.. well bad for u. :)
WAR. It's no joke saved me a lot, altough recently i got racked twice even with it. I don't know why.
"Coward" tactics apply for this tank:
- unless u know a good hiding spot, dont be a lone hero.
- let the enemy think u are no serius threat, let others draw the attention, and then prepare the nasty surprise.
- if possible group in wolfpacks. Charge enemies separated or partially separated. Murdersoup is best served when hot. :Smile-playing:
- make enemies think ur a coward, then dart out and and give tender love to the sides. Ferdinads especially love that. B)
- if u want be a litte more active supporter, especially at the beginning of the match, do recon loops: dart out to the furthest observations posts to detect as many enemies as possible, than disappear.(Or camp a little and then dissappear, u can even catch some careless arties on certain maps with this tactic.)
-  dont be afraid to shoot on targets while on the move!(Altough this requires some certain circumstances: 100% crew, speed around or below 30km/h, vertical stabilizer, and a distance of roughly 150 meters (altough i managed to get hits well above that) Ammo is cheap for this gun! Ppl can be surprised, and u can even make them miss their shots!(Requires good timing and luck of course)
- Sometimes bold moves can be quite rewarding: for example in one case face a large group of enemies instead of reversing i drowe past them, they thought i wont make it so didn't follow. Which ended whith me spotting/rapeing arty and capping bigtime. Thus winning the round.
- Oh and most of the time avoid head on battles. Ur not in that tank.

Listing all the tactics i use i think it clearly shows that this tank apart from all its weaknesses is quite a versatile little beast. Its a great training for the t54 with which these tactics will work even better imo. I'm still grinding for it. Can't wait for engine and especially the cannon which will make firing on the move even more deadly and fun.

Modules i use:
War - for obvious reasons
Vertical stabilizer - for on the move Ha! Ur dead! plus it really helps on the d10t when standing still
Loader - cuz im impatient, altogh might switch it to vents when the new gun arrives.

I hope I gave u some useful info. :Smile_honoring:
Oh, and I dont have a premium account.

Khitan #18 Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30087 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Excellent advice above.
using this tanks speed to get into early favourable positions and then waiting for the enemy to drive into positions you can lock them into which nullifies their potential is a good tactic. But make sure you have support as you aren't tough enough to brawl.
I've destroyed E75 & IS4 using this tactic - they daren't move as it would expose them to bigger guns/arty and all the while I was pumping them full of HE. This obviously only works on well known choke points on certain maps.

Wolfpacking with perceived higher threat tanks (T59 et al) as suggested above is a smart move as it can enable you to slip past and attack from the rear.

Being ammo racked in this tank is a real threat but apparently lessened in Patch 7.

steamrick #19 Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11755 battles

any tips or advices?
You're definitely doing (playing) it wrong.

As a veteran driver of the T23 (160 pen), the Pershing (180 pen) and the type-59 (175 pen) I can tell you that if you're incapable of penetrating, you need to learn to aim.

Using auto-aim is useless. Aim for weakspots. Flank the enemy, if possible.

As for using HE: Maybe if you have to face a tier 9 heavy from the front. Especially the E-75 is pretty much immume against your gun. Still, it's best to simply avoid such encounters.
Against tanks tier 8 or lower, ALWAYS use AP. If you're not penetrating, you're doing it wrong.

Learn the enemy's weak spots. If you don't know them, ask here in the forum or in the ingame chat.

punishersal #20 Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Mēneša cilvēks, marts 2012

• Player
  • 17092 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostMosquitoSR, on 30 November 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

It's hard with standard account, i know, i don't have premium either ... i played with M4 for credits and with T-44 for XP... try to support your team with 85mm, it can penetrate something after all... when you unlock second turret it will be much more fun to play  :Smile_great: can't wait for new gun and engine  :Smile-playing:
I have T-44 right now too. With second 85mm gun. I have unlocked turret but not yet bought. This tank can make big credit loss sometimes (8K has happened for me). But it still can earn modeny. Today I earned about 10K one one or two battles. In some less.
When today I played first battle, I had about 260k credits. And after last battle I had about 300k. And played only one battle with another tank and it didn't brough me 40k :D