fidget spinner

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

leggasiini #1 Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15163 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Around 3:11 on the 2nd part of Dev Diaries of the Polish tech tree, several drawings of variety of vehicles are shown. This includes what I believe are the tier 7 - 10 vehicles of the branch. The one that especially caught my eye, was the tank called "Lewandowsky", which I believe is going to be the tier 10 vehicle.

The video (skip to around 3:11)

Lewandowsky, the possible tier 10 HT of PL branch

While the hull is somewhat similar to the tier 8 premium, what stands out is the enormous turret - and what stands out even more, is the gigantic gun mounted to it. The gun is absolutely enormous - it feels oversized even for already fairly oversized turret. The hull itself seems to be comparable to the hull of the tier 8 premium vehicle; although there are several differences, the general side profile seems to be similar. In addition, below the drawings of the Lewandowsky, there are drawings of tank called Tyszkiewicz, which is what I believe either the tier 9, or possibly the tier 8. The tank looks somewhat similar (not exactly the same, front shape is different), and it looks very similar to the tier 8 premium (but isn't the same vehicle - it doesn't have a pike nose like the tier 8 premium). The main difference is the gun - it is clearly  a D-25T or a clone of it. D-25T isn't exactly a small gun, either, but it looks tiny when compared to the gun of the Lewandowsky.

Tyszkiewicz, possible tier 9 or 8 vehicle. The hull is roughly the same size. Note the gun, which is definitely the D-25T, AKA the 122 mm gun found on numerous Soviet vehicles

Combine that with the fact the premium vehicle has highest alpha in it's tier - I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Polish tier 10 HT has a really, really big gun - to me, it seems like that the caliber is at least 152 mm. Hell, it could be even bigger than that. They said that the tier 10 will be "very interesting" and the tanks will have an unique weapons (without a special mechanic, however)...so maybe?

The Lewandowsky's tank supposedly weights around ~60 tons and supposedly has 200 mm frontal armor, but other than that, basically nothing else is known about it to publicity.

inb4 it has a 1750 alpha derp gun to powercreep the Type 5

brumbarr #2 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
A T10  kind of platform with big alpha guns would be a unique concept, might be interesting.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20227 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postleggasiini, on 28 April 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Around 3:11 on the 2nd part of Dev Diaries of the Polish tech tree, several drawings of variety of vehicles are shown. This includes what I believe are the tier 7 - 10 vehicles of the branch. The one that especially caught my eye, was the tank called "Lewandowsky", which I believe is going to be the tier 10 vehicle.

The video (skip to around 3:11)

Lewandowsky, the possible tier 10 HT of PL branch

While the hull is somewhat similar to the tier 8 premium, what stands out is the enormous turret - and what stands out even more, is the gigantic gun mounted to it. The gun is absolutely enormous - it feels oversized even for already fairly oversized turret. The hull itself seems to be comparable to the hull of the tier 8 premium vehicle; although there are several differences, the general side profile seems to be similar. In addition, below the drawings of the Lewandowsky, there are drawings of tank called Tyszkiewicz, which is what I believe either the tier 9, or possibly the tier 8. The tank looks somewhat similar (not exactly the same, front shape is different), and it looks very similar to the tier 8 premium (but isn't the same vehicle - it doesn't have a pike nose like the tier 8 premium). The main difference is the gun - it is clearly  a D-25T or a clone of it. D-25T isn't exactly a small gun, either, but it looks tiny when compared to the gun of the Lewandowsky.

Tyszkiewicz, possible tier 9 or 8 vehicle. The hull is roughly the same size. Note the gun, which is definitely the D-25T, AKA the 122 mm gun found on numerous Soviet vehicles

Combine that with the fact the premium vehicle has highest alpha in it's tier - I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Polish tier 10 HT has a really, really big gun - to me, it seems like that the caliber is at least 152 mm. Hell, it could be even bigger than that. They said that the tier 10 will be "very interesting" and the tanks will have an unique weapons (without a special mechanic, however)...so maybe?

The Lewandowsky's tank supposedly weights around ~60 tons and supposedly has 200 mm frontal armor, but other than that, basically nothing else is known about it to publicity.

inb4 it has a 1750 alpha derp gun to powercreep the Type 5

Noticed it too. That gun really looks oversized (brobably 1-2° of gun dep at most) so hope is just a bad drawing more than a 203mm gun... it would just be silly! 

leggasiini #4 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15163 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 April 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

A T10  kind of platform with big alpha guns would be a unique concept, might be interesting.

Yeah, if done properly, the tank could actually be a really interesting vehicle, but knowing how WG has messed up quite a few...things lately (and a lot of them being heavies), yeah. We'll see what happens.

The_Georgian_One #5 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37955 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
We do have BIG guns here in Poland, confirmed.

On a serious note - I believe they said the tanks are projects created as phd thesis of some technical students, which make them as fake as Chinese TDs :(

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 28 April 2018 - 02:19 PM.

CircleOfSorrow #6 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

Perhaps it is a derp cannon?

:hiding:

leggasiini #7 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15163 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 April 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

On a serious note - I believe they said the tanks are projects created as phd thesis of some technical studies, which make them as fake as Chinese TDs :(

Well, yeah. However, they were "historical" in a way that they were done back then around 50s - 60s, and they are not made for a videogame like the Chinese TDs were. It puts them into the 2nd lowest class of historical accuracy - "historical fakes" - I.E tanks that are fakes, but fakes that are not specifically made for this game, and fakes that still have "history" behind them, in a way that they were done at some point years ago. The O-Ni and O-Ho are another example of "historical fakes" - inaccurate artist representations of the O-I super-heavy tank. 

In a way it is still slightly better than complete fakes made by WG, or the company that runs the Chinese server, I.E Kongzhong (which made the Chinese TDs).

Edited by leggasiini, 28 April 2018 - 02:21 PM.

Strappster #8 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 25539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 April 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

On a serious note - I believe they said the tanks are projects created as phd thesis of some technical students, which make them as fake as Chinese TDs :(

Don't be disheartened, if they were created for a PhD thesis then at least they were designed by someone with an eye to the practicalities of tank engineering and not simply dreamt up by the developers. That means they're no less real than the various "blueprints only" tanks in the game and puts them above feats of a developer's imagination in my eyes.

I already enjoyed playing my Pudel, now I'm going to grind it and get a couple of skilled crews ready for this line. :great:

Edit: ninja'd by leggasiini on my first point. :hiding:

Edited by Strappster, 28 April 2018 - 02:26 PM.

imperiumgraecum #9 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 61902 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
WG have explicitly said that the Polish Tree will introduce a new mechanic, just like they did with the Italian one. Question is: what could this mechanic be, supposedly in the t8-9-10 polish tanks?

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 28 April 2018 - 02:25 PM.

brumbarr #10 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 28 April 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

WG have explicitly said that the Polish Tree will introduce a new mechanic, just like they did with the Italian one. Question is: what could this mechanic be, supposedly in the t8-9-10 polish tanks?

I am not aware they said this, you have any source?

leggasiini #11 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15163 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postbrumbarr, on 28 April 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I am not aware they said this, you have any source?

I don't think that they have said that, either. What they did say is that one of the two nations they will introduce will have a special mechanic - and we all know that it is Italy. Besides, if the Polish tanks had a special mechanic, I would expect that the premium tank would have it as well. However, it doesn't have any special mechanics.

Also tagged with fidget spinner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users