i keep losing with progetto, even tho i love it.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mollethepro #1 Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8064 battles

i f*ing love the progetto 46, but somehow i keep losing. this goes also for the STA 2 i have, i love them both, i do pretty well in my opinon. but the winning thing just doesent work. it may be that i am not careful enough with my hitpoints, because thats a common theme. but i anyways lose.

can i get some feedback?

MindCrack #2 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15443 battles
  • [-BZ-] -BZ-
47% and 50% isn't always losing but if you want to improve your win rate you can look up some guides on YouTube or watch some twitch streamers I can't say much about how to improve since I could do a lot better also

Brodie_ #3 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 77610 battles
Watch some of the better streamers play it.
E.g. Quickybaby, Circon, etc.
At the moment they are trying to get the best for it.
So you will get the best feedback from watching them, succeed or fail in it right now!

Good luck!

CircleOfSorrow #4 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28819 battles

View PostBrodie_, on 28 April 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

Watch some of the better streamers play it.
E.g. Quickybaby, Circon, etc.
At the moment they are trying to get the best for it.
So you will get the best feedback from watching them, succeed or fail in it right now!

Good luck!

The last time I looked, QB had a 45% WR in it.  Taugrim just released a guide on YouTube and it is good.

Artick_ #5 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28919 battles
  • [BADD] BADD

View Postmollethepro, on 28 April 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

i f*ing love the progetto 46, but somehow i keep losing. this goes also for the STA 2 i have, i love them both, i do pretty well in my opinon. but the winning thing just doesent work. it may be that i am not careful enough with my hitpoints, because thats a common theme. but i anyways lose.

can i get some feedback?

Aaaaaaaa you are a 48% winrate overall player , can your stats be worse on progetto? No offence

MindCrack #6 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15443 battles
  • [-BZ-] -BZ-
[edited]trying to get tips to improve and you talking about [edited]stats in every thread on this forum no wonder the community Is so trash

kejmo #7 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27864 battles
I keep losing with everything lol

CircleOfSorrow #8 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28819 battles

View PostArtick_, on 28 April 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Aaaaaaaa you are a 48% winrate overall player , can your stats be worse on progetto? No offence

Says the person that thinks only 55%WR players should bother to play the game.  Could everybody on the server possibly maintain a 55%+ WR?

Brodie_ #9 Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 77610 battles
I used to have a 48% win rate!
I really did not give a shxt for my 1st 20K battles, I was very ill at the time.
It is around 54% right now,(probably forever now tho...)

But it does, whether players like it or not, show whether you are a Jonah or not, for your team!
It is fine if your still learning & it go's up!

If your staying the same though.
Then you just gotta accept it!

It is a game!
I'm alright...
But if I took on Daki tomorrow 1v1 I know who would win! (Unless I was luckier Donald Trump)
Below 50% your always a Jonah...

Balc0ra #10 Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I have the same issue with mine. If I get a tier 8 game with 5 Progetto's on each team. It usually ends badly as they all yolo hard on both teams, but it's down to who loses most first. If I get a tier X game where I am the only Progetto on the map. I have way more fun in it, and usually an easier time winning. So I suspect it will get better when most are over the "hype".

UrQuan #11 Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19387 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

can i get some feedback?

My best bet would be to read some general guides on how to play armorless meds (I guess the tank forum subsection likely has a thread on the STA-2 along with tips on how to play it) + learn about the deeper levels of various game-mechanics (mainly vision, camo & spotting) to enhance your gameplay on them.

Looking for good replays that involve your favorite tanks & watch them is also good to learn about tank tricks & working map positions.

A good alternative is to watch players ingame after you died, see what they do with their meds to have success (or how they fail, so you know not to repeat that mistake) Learn what works under which circumstances.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 28450 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmollethepro, on 28 April 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

can i get some feedback?

I have avoided buying the Prog as I am convinced that I would be rubbish in it.

Shaade_Silentpaw #13 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22014 battles

Honestly, sometimes you just have bad luck with some tanks.

Take this as you will, but just as an example;

My T-54 vs my T 55A - two very similar tier IX tanks which I play the same way; (close-mid range, brawling mostly)

Average damage = 2212 vs 2477

Total games = 193 vs 45

Winrate = 62% vs 40%.

Now, sure - the T-54 was buffed recently, but at least half of my games were before that - probably more like 70% of them, really.

Also there's a big difference in games played - but even still, 40% is bloody terrible for me after 45 games.

It's not a perfectly scientific comparison, but I think it's enough to show that I clearly have much better luck in one of these tanks over the other.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47593 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

Love the tank, have almost 2k average over 70 battles and 1st mark of excellence. Also have a 49% win rate in it, do i care about that? Nope, not really. If i have to carry a Foch 155 sniping from the base in Malinovka or a 430U trying to do scout runs on the middle ridge of Prokhorovka then damn son i prefer these guys don't win. Anyway, enjoy the tank and play it well and don't bother too much with the "special" teams. :)

N.B: by mentioning stats i only try to reach a conclusion.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 29 April 2018 - 02:22 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15487 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

can i get some feedback?

At only 31 Battles in it, it's still too limited to really say. My first 15 Battles in it were at 47% Or something like that too, but have now risen to 62% At 55 Battles. Only about 150-200 Battles in (or even more) however do I really think it's actually accurate of your performance in it. Nonetheless (but let's keep what I just said in mind), I'm going to compare your stats in the vehicle to mine:

If I had to say, I think you're not doing enough damage to really make a difference in your games. You're failing to deal your own health in damage on average, and at the same time as you stated you're taking too much damage alongside it. The latter I think is quite important because while I'm only taking about 100 Less damage on average than you, where that damage is taken is very important. If the damage is taken early on, before you've made an actual effect on the game, that could really bite you in the arse and make it hard to make any plays later as a result. However, if your health is preserved and used in late game situations where that it truly matters, that might just be enough to win a game by itself.

This isn't to say you should play super passively, but more to play in a way that avoids taking unnecessary damage. You want to mostly only take damage when doing such benefits your team. The best example I can think of this is a game that within the first few minutes, I was down to 670hp mostly from Tier VI Tanks. However, this was fine because I had destroyed the enemy T-54 Mod. 1 (who could've wreaked havoc on my own Tier VIs) and damaged his FV4202 Platoonmate who then also became a bit too focused on me and that cost him. Despite losing most of my health this early on, it was a trade that benefited my team massively and I think really helped to win us that game. Again, don't take this as "play super passively", because preserving health means nothing if your lack of presence has already lost your team the game and you just end up being one guy alone vs. 7. Even with your health in that situation, you'll most likely be destroyed very quickly.

So if I had to summarise, I think you need to try to focus on doing more damage while not taking as much damage yourself. Don't play super passively but avoid taking trades that aren't beneficial to you or your team. Even so, you're at only 31 Battles, so it may just get better over time. Nonetheless, I still think it is worth trying to do as I said, as I think you'll find yourself having a better time and winning more than your average if you try to improve upon those points. I dunno how your positioning and whatnot is, which is also important, but that's not something I can base anything off of without replays.

OneSock #16 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33867 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Tanks with no armour take a lot of skill.
Tanks with auto-loader take lot of skill. 

This tank maybe combination of both needing lot of skill and a co-operative team.

If you want noob mode gaming get a 430U or Obj 268v4.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 28450 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 28 April 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

Says the person that thinks only 55%WR players should bother to play the game.  Could everybody on the server possibly maintain a 55%+ WR?

It astonishes me that anyone should find this difficult.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users