WG, are there any plans to do something about tier 8 MM?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41497 battles

It's offical, it's now possible to play an entire evening of WoT (20 - 30) games and never see a lower tier tank. Tbh I've sort of got used to being in tier 10 games the huge majority of the time and cherishing the odd single tiered games that happen. 

But ... come on! this isn't supposed to be how it is, with one single tier continuously placed bottom by the MM.

I know frontline is supposed to be all tier 8 but won't that just make the problem worse for those tier 8s which dont go into frontline games?

Are there any plans to address this problem?

douglarse #2 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55623 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Working as intended is the phrase I believe

Shaade_Silentpaw #3 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21151 battles

Yes, of course - they are going to release a Tier 8 Polish premium HT capable of fighting Tier 10s head-on.

It will fix everything.

Cuck0osNest #4 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6584 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 29 April 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

Yes, of course - they are going to release a Tier 8 Polish premium HT capable of fighting Tier 10s head-on.

It will fix everything.

Ye cant wayt till 8 tier tank what is actually better than is4, who cares mutchmake

HundeWurst #5 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well with the next update you get this super idiotic frontline mode for your tier 8 tanks. Its by the way a gigantic waste of time since the time it takes to play a round is extremly long and does not even offer you good credits in return. I would only ever play tier 8 for the premium tanks to make some credits. But if I am randomly thrown into that mode I might as well quit that crapfrom the start if I cannot disable that mode.

Browarszky #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14906 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 29 April 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

It will fix everything.

​So, you too are excited about this? :)

Y_O_L_0 #7 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18710 battles
  • [Z__G] Z__G

View PostWunderWurst, on 29 April 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well with the next update you get this super idiotic frontline mode for your tier 8 tanks. Its by the way a gigantic waste of time since the time it takes to play a round is extremly long and does not even offer you good credits in return. I would only ever play tier 8 for the premium tanks to make some credits. But if I am randomly thrown into that mode I might as well quit that crapfrom the start if I cannot disable that mode.

Played that game mode on the Test Server. 30 vs 30 and you can take more tanks into battle, I took 5 preium tanks with me, if a tank gets destroyed then it has a cool down time and you can use another tank. Using multiple premium tanks, my profit after the battle was pretty much the same as in Random battles. You don't meet tier 10's which is good, but I don't know how the XP gain is, whether all the crew members from all tanks receive XP.

Strappster #8 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Tier 8 match-making was great during the marathon because more people were playing tier 10 and I suspect testing that was one reason why we had two ways to complete each stage. Bad tier 8 match-making is a symptom, too few people playing tier 10 is closer to a cause.

How many times do you see someone say they've disabled grand battles? How often do you see players happy to have full tier 10 battles? Tier 10 costs a lot to run and full tier 10 battles are tough so a lot of players avoid them. Making frontline for tier 8s means taking a big chunk of tier 8s out of the match-maker at once, giving them a better experience (arguably) than being bottom tier repeatedly.

Another way to rectify it would be to increase rewards for tier 10 battles so that it becomes sustainable to play by itself but we know that WG doesn't want to do that as it'd reduce the number of players buying premium time and/or tanks. Instead we get measures like giving us modes that people won't want to play but which could alleviate some of the bad match-making elsewhere.

Personally I'd like to see increased bonds rewards for playing tier 10 and the opportunity to spend bonds on things other than improved equipment. Give players a real incentive to play high tiers instead of fudging around the issues by introducing temporary fixes that work until the players get bored.

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50519 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostY_O_L_0, on 29 April 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Played that game mode on the Test Server. 30 vs 30 and you can take more tanks into battle, I took 5 preium tanks with me, if a tank gets destroyed then it has a cool down time and you can use another tank. Using multiple premium tanks, my profit after the battle was pretty much the same as in Random battles. You don't meet tier 10's which is good, but I don't know how the XP gain is, whether all the crew members from all tanks receive XP.

It's not easy to see. But when you are on the final results page, near the top in the banner are some tabs. By default it is set to "all" but hidden in there should be the name of each individual tank that you took into battle. It you find it (not easy to actually see) and click on the tank name, the results page will show you what each individual tank got under it's tab. The exp gain per tank depends directly on how well each tank performed. So the one you did best in will get the most while the others will get less.

apaleytos #10 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15150 battles

They don't care dude.As long as they make stacks of money selling OP prem tanks and force people to avoid T6-T8s by freexping,3-5-7 is all you gonna get.

For example check how many regretto they sold.Sure i only payed 11 euros,but still rewarded WG for their apathy to complaints.I blame myself for this move.WG keep milking as,we deserve it.

Edited by apaleytos, 29 April 2018 - 05:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users