WHY NOT HAVE AUTOMATIC " BACK TO GARAGE" WHEN YOU DIE IN BATTLE, WG?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16682 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

​Hi ALL, 

On watching a YouTube video of WOT, I think it was a Claus Kellerman show on " Hardest way to win" or something like that.

He was referring to a player whom got killed very early on and kept pinging the MM, and commenting on what the (Crusader Tank) player who was still playing where to go etc.

In the commentary, Claus was saying in his joking way "If I was still alive ,I would go here.. Or If I was still alive you should shoot there". 

Which got me to think (Yes I do think)... Why not have an "Automatic return to garage" built into the game to aid with stopping spammers, stupid's, and annoying players from spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the rest of the ALIVE players.

YES, there is the opinion that some information is classed as GOOD INFO from other players. BUT, wouldn't it be a fair idea when it comes to playing if the players whom died didn't have the option of being advisor to the team for information about the battle. For instance, the dead players tend to look at the mm more, give advise as to where, when is a good location etc. This should be included in the teams disability when loosing a player?

There is nothing more annoying than being told to spot here, go there, or protect the base when clearly the bloody siren is going off to tell me the base is been captured. It sometimes can be the difference between concentrating on the game in hand, and being distracted!!!!!

Respect to ALL, Cheers :)

Browarszky #2 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14906 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Well, an automatic 'back to garage' option would keep the dead from interfering in the battle, but some people like to stay in battle, whether because they are platooning, enjoy doing useless commentary and pinging the minimap, or wish to make it a learning experience. I usually go back to garage, especially if my battle performance fell short of my expectations and projected result as per skill level....

Rataplan #3 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15297 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Since yous asked the question twice, i'll answer it twice:

No, just disable team chat for dead players. This solves the problem and still allows you to watch the rest of the match.

SnowRelic #4 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22741 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

BTW, why not have a CAPS LOCK WARNING?

Just be nice, send them a mail and ask if they could kindly include an option for it in the settings. You never know.

Browarszky #5 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14906 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Two threads open on this.

Strappster #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBrowarszky, on 29 April 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Two threads open on this.

Ironic to be complaining about map spam while spamming the same thread on the forum. :trollface:

mpf1959 #7 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10457 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I say leave it as it is, I admit I do like engage in the odd lunatic illogical rage or witty comment from time to time, I also like to read others.Just right click a pinger, problem solved!

ThinGun #8 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32851 battles
Why not ask WG to tailor the game to your exact specifications?

Oh yeah .. because what you want and what the rest of the players want may not be aligned...

Jigabachi #9 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Or, instead of once again castrating the game for all normal and mature players, we leave everything as it is and just put more effort into getting all those ragers and idiots permamuted.

Sharp1903 #10 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36832 battles
It would be bad because I prefer watching 90 % of the games. 

vasilinhorulezz #11 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21261 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 29 April 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

​Hi ALL, 

On watching a YouTube video of WOT, I think it was a Claus Kellerman show on " Hardest way to win" or something like that.

He was referring to a player whom got killed very early on and kept pinging the MM, and commenting on what the (Crusader Tank) player who was still playing where to go etc.

In the commentary, Claus was saying in his joking way "If I was still alive ,I would go here.. Or If I was still alive you should shoot there". 

Which got me to think (Yes I do think)... Why not have an "Automatic return to garage" built into the game to aid with stopping spammers, stupid's, and annoying players from spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the rest of the ALIVE players.

YES, there is the opinion that some information is classed as GOOD INFO from other players. BUT, wouldn't it be a fair idea when it comes to playing if the players whom died didn't have the option of being advisor to the team for information about the battle. For instance, the dead players tend to look at the mm more, give advise as to where, when is a good location etc. This should be included in the teams disability when loosing a player?

There is nothing more annoying than being told to spot here, go there, or protect the base when clearly the bloody siren is going off to tell me the base is been captured. It sometimes can be the difference between concentrating on the game in hand, and being distracted!!!!!

Respect to ALL, Cheers :)

There is a "block for this battle" option,

you could just learn to use it.

Statine #12 Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28566 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 29 April 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

There is a "block for this battle" option,

you could just learn to use it.

This helps. Most importantly it not only blocks chat but also map pinging. While there is autoblock function when somebody spam crapnon stop unfortunately it doesn't prevents clicking map nonstop.It's possible pay no attention to chat but when some dude clicks map non stop for 5 min because he thinks it''s teams fault he got killed the match as good as ruined.

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7047 battles

My decision to automatically go back to the garage when I die ingloriously in battle is my own. However some wires get crossed and circuits shorted for I am a bad bot, and sometimes stay:trollface:

Why not just leave things as they are, i think that would be a better option.

KGrahn #14 Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49009 battles
There should be benchmark spots at tiers, where you cannot proceed to next tier vehicles unless you really know how to play. Would solve your problem quite nicely. Morons would stay at low tiers and we wouldnt be annoyed about the fact that we need to play with morons.

And you can really do something about the fact that people are "spoiling your fun". Git gud.

https://ibb.co/bxKjic

Edited by KGrahn, 29 April 2018 - 05:04 PM.

NoobySkooby #15 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7047 battles

View PostKGrahn, on 29 April 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

There should be benchmark spots at tiers, where you cannot proceed to next tier vehicles unless you really know how to play. Would solve your problem quite nicely. Morons would stay at low tiers and we wouldnt be annoyed about the fact that we need to play with morons.

That won't work, lol we need to piss off the unicoms, plus the marketing side of WG know far better than most the importance of folk buying nice things:D

PointZero #16 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles
  • There is a player actively fighting in a map location I hardly ever use

+ they prove out to use the location perfectly I've learned something incase I have to fight there in the future

- they have no clue what they are doing - move on to next player or exit to garage

• There is a player using a vehicle class in a map I hardly know any effective locations to use them

+ learning new spotting locations, how to effectively support your team as a TD, hulldown locations, how to make a push happen as a brawling MT etc.

- they are glued to the red line - move to next player or exit to garage

• There is a player using a tank I'm about to get soon

+ they know what they are doing - free tips on playstyle and effective locations to take the tank to

- 5s to determine they have no clue what they are doing - exit to garage

ihateclowns #17 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29146 battles
Please someone report OP for being really stupid

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36168 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRataplan, on 29 April 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Since yous asked the question twice, i'll answer it twice:

No, just disable team chat for dead players. This solves the problem and still allows you to watch the rest of the match.

Agreed - mute chat for dead players.

Then, maybe, we can have cross-team chat back...:hiding:

Bordhaw #19 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9581 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 29 April 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

But but how can I learn to get "above average" without watching the rest of the battles? On second thoughts...watching loss and after loss would at least show me how not to play lmao. 

Panzergame2018 #20 Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 74628 battles

Dont change enything.I will miss all the fun watching others play .You can take a ride with any player alive.Go for the UNICUMS if they are in you re team and wonder.

They posess magic items and do things you dream about.RNG mostly [edited]you but not them.

So keep everything as it is .And let me have some fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users