WHY NOT HAVE AUTOMATIC " BACK TO GARAGE" WHEN YOU DIE IN BATTLE, WG?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19719 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

​Hi ALL, 

On watching a YouTube video of WOT, I think it was a Claus Kellerman show on " Hardest way to win" or something like that.

He was referring to a player whom got killed very early on and kept pinging the MM, and commenting on what the (Crusader Tank) player who was still playing where to go etc.

In the commentary, Claus was saying in his joking way "If I was still alive ,I would go here.. Or If I was still alive you should shoot there". 

Which got me to think (Yes I do think)... Why not have an "Automatic return to garage" built into the game to aid with stopping spammers, stupid's, and annoying players from spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the rest of the ALIVE players.

YES, there is the opinion that some information is classed as GOOD INFO from other players. BUT, wouldn't it be a fair idea when it comes to playing if the players whom died didn't have the option of being advisor to the team for information about the battle. For instance, the dead players tend to look at the mm more, give advise as to where, when is a good location etc. This should be included in the teams disability when loosing a player?

There is nothing more annoying than being told to spot here, go there, or protect the base when clearly the bloody siren is going off to tell me the base is been captured. It sometimes can be the difference between concentrating on the game in hand, and being distracted!!!!!

Respect to ALL, Cheers :)

Aimless #2 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
A good idea. I'd support that. :great:

Rataplan #3 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15951 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

No, just disable team chat for dead players. This solves the problem and still allows you to watch the rest of the match.

Strappster #4 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't think it's necessary. If I stay in battle after being wrecked it's because I want to see how it ends. Disable map-pinging or chat for dead players and you remove the ability to say where the TD that killed you is camping (admittedly I seem to be in a minority of players who do that) or give encouragement to those remaining (honestly, actual encouragement rather than insults).

If someone starts map-spamming or telling me what to do after they've been wrecked (and it's not useful information), I'll take a second to block them and carry on. It's easy now, you only have to move the cursor over one of their chat messages and the block icon appears, plus it's only for that battle so I can save blacklist space for players who deserve to be there.

ApocalypseSquad #5 Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26474 battles

It's a team game.  How about all of us who like to watch through to the end and cheer our team on?  I may not have made it through to the end myself, but I am always rooting for the rest of my team.

OK, yes, I will very occasionally pop in a chat comment if I think they are missing something; but generally I will stay quiet until the end and just offer them a bit of praise if they did well.

ThinGun #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
I keep having this feeling of deja vu.

K_A #7 Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Map pinging could easily be blocked (it's blocked after death in wows), when you're dead you have all the time in the world to write in chat where that hidden enemy was if you wish to help your team. Taking away the chat altogether would remove the chance to do that altogether so I'm not a fan of that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users