LordMuffin #1 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48094 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Review 1:

Review 2:

2 reviews of same replay.

One a little bit more negative then the other.

Anyway, for me, this replay just shows why Pools and Kolobanovs  are irrelevant medals,

In my mind, he played terribly bad all the way through and only recieved this result due to luck.

But when maps just have so many stupid and unflankable positions, what to expect.

_b_ #2 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

Actually a line I waited with for ages to start on, dreading the slloooooowwwwwww bunkers ....and yeah it was not very compatible with my "slightly" adhd'ish solo yolo playstyle.

Then after they went and buffed the speed I took it up again ... and have had a blast. 

Crew are only about to start on third skill, so only bia and rep all over , and tool box, rammer and I think coated as equipment!? ...if opposition are daft it's press W and laugh kinda bunker..

Like in replay ... against the 'right' red team it'll just take the punches and / or roll over them.

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46930 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Gameplay is pathetic indeed. If that player likes this kind of gameplay and gets some fictional reward medals for that, good for him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 29386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Who needs a T95 when you have Old Leadfoot?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4327583#paris-bulldog_drummond-kv-220-2

pathed91 #5 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17990 battles

The worst thing about QB showing these kind of replays is that a lot of his followers aren't that good at the game, and might think this is a good strategy in a heavily armored tank when top tier.

QB could definatly put more emphasis on it being bad for the team and a more likely result would be to be flanked and killed when his team had died.

Lemmingrush's comment at the start about "facilitating teamplay in chat by calling mauschen a retard" was just pure gold :teethhappy:

Search_Warrant #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27182 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I cant even get 1 kill in that thing. i try use it as a breakthrew tank and get penned all over by standard ammo, let alone gold.

D4wiD3K #7 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postpathed91, on 29 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

The worst thing about QB showing these kind of replays is that a lot of his followers aren't that good at the game, and might think this is a good strategy in a heavily armored tank when top tier.

QB could definatly put more emphasis on it being bad for the team and a more likely result would be to be flanked and killed when his team had died.

I personally agree with this but I think the sad truth is that QB is more or less the only big streamer who has realized that the direction of World of Tanks over the past few years has been more and more towards pampering the bad players. If you look at SirFoch, Orzanel or Daki they are constantly (for a good reason) whining about new stupid additions/changes to the game that ruin it more and more and question whether Wargaming have any competence at all. The truth is that WoT has chosen the direction where it "listens" to the 48% players and it has gotten to the point where the gameplay can go to hell as long as the baddies who never want to learn anything about the game get their "highs". In World of Tanks it's important that bad players are being consistently rewarded for being bad and nobody should ever feel like they should learn how to play the game or leave the base. If someone gets this feeling, we get an armor buff or add new "td friendly" positions to the maps where you can sit 50m from base circle, suck horribly and still get to shoot stuff from perfect safety without any skill needed.

I haven't played WoT at all for 3-4 weeks after installing the other Russian tank game that also has planes and I immediately feel quite stupid I didn't give the game a shot earlier. Although people whine about that game as well, most of its flaws are very much exaggerated and unlike WoT, it doesn't actively seek to screw good players in every turn and reward bad plays wheh bots want to push through the open with their heavies and camp in base with TDs. If this doesn't work in World of Tanks the bots doing it won't be encouraged to learn - instead they'll be given an even more armored tank to be slightly less useless with.

The primary reason why I haven't been playing is the +2/-2 matchmaking, SPGs, badly designed map with bots in mind, the godawful tank balance and as result gold ammo which is nowadays very much mandatory at higher tiers when you need 340 HEAT just to pen weak spots of many tanks at tier 10. Everything in this game for the past 2 years or so have been done with bots in mind. If you aren't a bot, you're on the receiving end because you're not the target audience.

The other game isn't perfect but it's not far off. The overall RNG, tank balance and map design is so much better and sitting 50m from spawn for the entire game isn't a promoted strategy. Arty strike is a consumable that kills you once every 200 games at most and bombers are annoying but they actually have a counter and require the player to leave the base and expose himself. Overall the gameplay is much more interactive, there's less RNG and the maps are so much better. There isn't gold ammo and it isn't needed either because the game effectively has +1/-1 matchmaking and there isn't a massive unbalance between the tanks in the same battle. Even in the worst possible matchmaking your tank can fulfill its role and you don't have to keep repeating to yourself that it's fun diversity and you have to "pley support" and pray your top tiers carry you. Stock grinds are still horrible, a few Russian tanks are too good and the game has a few minor annoyances but nothing unbearable. If interactive tank gameplay with good plays being rewarded is what you're looking for, that's the game to play.

I think World of Tanks has been going towards the direction where being a good player is the worst thing that can happen to you and the goal is to have a bunch of 45-48% players botting the game and getting an occasional good game. If there's an unbalance in the game, the "fix" will eventually be adding another even more broken thing on top of it. Just look at Maus, it was hugely overbuffed and you can't pen it anywhere without gold shells unless you're a TD, yet there have been so many broken things added since then that nobody even bothers to whine about it anymore. It's quite sad to think that Maus was overbuffed just a year ago and the mini-nerf it got on its reload didn't really change much, just the constant buffing of everything else, the new even more broken tanks being added and people growing getting used to shooting full gold at high tiers have moved the whining elsewhere. It feels like a century, but it has only been a year. This game is doomed if you are a good player but for some more time it will still be fun for the 46% subhumans. I mean listening to the incompetent [edited]s who have never learned the basics of the game is the way to go, at least in the short term. :)

Edited by D4wiD3K, 29 April 2018 - 06:37 PM.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Simeon85 #9 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Bad 'typical' TD player who lets his team down by base camping in his team's best armour + OP tank (T95 is OP since the buff, if you buff mobility that much you need to nerf something else like armour) + broken base camping spot + braindead enemy team who just got farmed when they should have flanked him + 3-5-7 MM at it's finest showing how powerful a top tier tanks is against mainly lower tiers.  

No real skill or ability there, his positioning and decision making throughout the game is pretty awful, case in point the shot at the angled front of the Tiger, clear autobounce angle but he carefully aims in. 

Edited by Simeon85, 29 April 2018 - 06:37 PM.

D4wiD3K #10 Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 29 April 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Bad 'typical' TD player who lets his team down by base camping in his team's best armour + OP tank (T95 is OP since the buff, if you buff mobility that much you need to nerf something else like armour) + broken base camping spot + braindead enemy team who just got farmed when they should have flanked him + 3-5-7 MM at it's finest showing how powerful a top tier tanks is against mainly lower tiers.  

No real skill or ability there, his positioning and decision making throughout the game is pretty awful, case in point the shot at the angled front of the Tiger, clear autobounce angle but he carefully aims in. 

No man, this is fun diversity. This is the epic fun and challenge that +2/-2 matchmaking adds and you're clearly just not appreciating his tactical genius. He understands that as top tier TD he needs to sit in base and he gets rewarded for fulfilling his role so well. His situational awareness is fantastic and he knows the most "td friendly" position of the map and as TD, he plays it. Why wouldn't he be rewarded?

Imagine if positions or matchmaking like this didn't exist? The game would be like CS with tanks and that would be the end of the world! I think the solution to the problem is to add a heavy tank that can bounce TD gold shells so it push such areas. People can always flank it, according to the forum posts even 45% players successfully do it all the time so I don't think there would be a problem with such a tank. :)

Edited by D4wiD3K, 29 April 2018 - 06:47 PM.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostD4wiD3K, on 29 April 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

No man, this is fun diversity. This is the epic fun and challenge that +2/-2 matchmaking adds and you're clearly just not appreciating his tactical genius. He understands that as top tier TD he needs to sit in base and he gets rewarded for fulfilling his role so well. His situational awareness is fantastic and he knows the most "td friendly" position of the map and as TD, he plays it. Why wouldn't he be rewarded?

Imagine if positions or matchmaking like this didn't exist? The game would be like CS with tanks and that would be the end of the world! I think the solution to the problem is to add a heavy tank that can bounce TD gold shells so it push such areas. People can always flank it, according to the forum posts even 45% players successfully do it all the time so I don't think there would be a problem with such a tank. :)

Well if you consider being useless the entire game is good gameplay then you must have a weird perspective of how to play the game...

That guy only got so lucky because the nine remaining players had too many crayons....they could have easily capped to draw him out and permatrack him at the spot. 

D4wiD3K #12 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 29 April 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Well if you consider being useless the entire game is good gameplay then you must have a weird perspective of how to play the game...

That guy only got so lucky because the nine remaining players had too many crayons....they could have easily capped to draw him out and permatrack him at the spot. 

I thought the sarcasm in my post was rather obvious. 

Simeon85 #13 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles
Maybe a 'kappa' in large font was needed :P

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #14 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ahhh ... that replay... I only saw the QB version, but geesh... why do I never get such enemies...

UrQuan #15 Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19430 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 29 April 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

Ahhh ... that replay... I only saw the QB version, but geesh... why do I never get such enemies...

Enemies like that can give you silly situations tho.

Ensk: *This is the VK 45 B security squad! You are surrounded! Stay where you are! Do not attempt to leave!*

Murovanka: *You shall not pass!*

Edited by UrQuan, 29 April 2018 - 10:32 PM.

Jbnn #16 Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

• 9532 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Moving thread to videos and streams section.

Have a nice day.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Those streamers and youtubers don't seem to care about the actual gameplay at all. They just wave the score at you as clickbait...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users