Progetto... new feature idea. Press X to control firing modes?

Progetto firing mode idea poll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: X button act as a switch between standard-fire and magazine/autoreloader-fire modes, acting as a lock (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What is your opinion on this idea?

1. I like this idea. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I don't like this idea. (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. I think this is a pointless feature. (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. I don't care. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Hide poll

PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30995 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

So I've played the Progetto for a couple dozen battles... 38% winrate... and I've noticed that the thing which screws me over the most is trying to fire the gun normally, i.e. like it doesn't have an auto-reloader.

The thing that would happen is, I fire, wait for the 3rd shell to reload, I see it's reloaded, fire, but...now the shell counter says I have one shell in the clip? It seems there's a little issue with lag here, where the game fails to register that the last shell has been fully reloaded, and instead fires the 2nd shell in the clip.

So I thought about a fix, and came up with something surprisingly simple - Using the X button (most commonly used to lock hull traverse and switch between travel/siege mode for S-tanks), we would be able to switch between standard-fire and magazine/autoreloader-fire mode.

This way, we would have the option to choose to safely fire the gun just like in any other regular tank (standard-fire) or use the tank's autoreloading mechanism (magazine/autoreloader-fire) as it is now, as such the WG devs had released it.

In a nutshell, this "switch" to enable standard-fire mode would act as a lock, or a safety pin which would prevent the remaining two shells to be fired right after the first shell, allowing us to hold down the fire button until the last shell is reloaded and instantly fire it then.

I know this proposal comes a bit late, as the next update is right around the corner, but I feel like it would be a useful feature to have on such a unique mechanism.

Opinions?

Steel_Patriot #2 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42862 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

The tank doesn't need another fire mode when most of the server can't use the one they already have , it might cause information overload and a few skull implosions due to excessive brain function.

The tank is a beast the way it is , it just needs more thinking  to make work than others do.

speedphlux #3 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44135 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
It's not feature I would uset. Way too situational and practically without it's use. I don't think that 50-60 battles are enough to judge that tank yet, so it's way too early to call if something like that is needed or not. I just don't see the use of it. Trigger discipline is far better judge then switching firing modes.

IncandescentGerbil #4 Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Off topic but the Cornetto is my new favourite hesh target when in my 4005. I've developed an irrational loathing of them and even find myself prioritising them. It helps that they always go bang when you shoot them.

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30995 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

My efforts are all for naught... :(

TheOddRogue #6 Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9988 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 29 April 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

My efforts are all for naught... :(

Maybe you should go to mod section and ask about it, maybe they can help you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users