Auto Aim

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

skero #1 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

Well, my topic (http://forum.worldof...-created-by-wg/) got locked but I just want to know why it needs to be in the game? 

Answer in the thread:

Because that's what I feed my gunner for.

If wot were a simulation and not a game then maybe but its not.

Anyway how is it unreasonable given that tanks have a crew not a single person doing everything, so while the driver is doing his thing the gunner is maintaining his aim and firing at the target.

Well, I thought the gunner is trained for better aiming not for robotic target lock in every situations even if you are in crazy angles, behind obstacles?! Hmm..

Also some tanks don´t have gunner at all and still can lock the target like guided missiles. Then Commander is doing god like job, heh?

Furthermore you can do this with any crew even the worst one. What´s get better is only aiming not the "target lock".

So a little bit false argument.

Why not to have auto-fire? Why to bother clicking the mouse? Why not to auto-drive to bushes? I trained my driver too.. So funny these arguments.

AnswerHow can it be a "cheat" when it is a game feature that we all have

So dear op get your heat out you pitfullyless and see how this game is 

I bet you have used it too so pity on you

That is what I call an argument! It is in the game so what.. Nothing ever changed in MMO game... Nice thinking there ^^

And you don´t know how I play the game so please don´t assume anything, thank you.

But the answer is good example how the person is defending this skill aiming..

I understand that many ppl are used to this but just why? I can´t find logic behind it. Actually why not to encourage ppl to aim? To be better? Why teaching/allowing them to load golds and just fire on tank with auto aim?

Or speed driving not worrying about where the hell my target is. My 50% gunner or whoever is targeting (I bet it is the damn computer^^) still got you..

Why encouraging so much laziness?

And I´m just asking about the "feature" in the game which I cannot understand. I´m so dull please forgive me... : (

Edited by skero, 01 May 2018 - 08:50 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36118 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The Farce is strong with this one.

:popcorn:

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18637 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV
You need autoaim for really fast circling a target with a light tank along with potentially hitting another fast tank that's giving chase while you pick your way through the madness to cover. If you can race circles around targets, avoid obstacles and other tanks/teammates, absorb what's developing in the battle on your minimap, who is coming to help your target potentially AND manually aim, you are a far superior player than I!

skero #4 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 01 May 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

It is, huh? When you are asking about the game? I forgot I cannot do that : (

Homer_J #5 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postskero, on 01 May 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Also some tanks don´t have gunner at all 

Every tank in this game has at least one crew with the gunner role, even if it is a secondary role.

Oh, and you might want to peruse the forum rules.

Edited by Homer_J, 01 May 2018 - 08:55 AM.

skero #6 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

You need autoaim for really fast circling a target with a light tank along with potentially hitting another fast tank that's giving chase while you pick your way through the madness to cover. If you can race circles around targets, avoid obstacles and other tanks/teammates, absorb what's developing in the battle on your minimap, who is coming to help your target potentially AND manually aim, you are a far superior player than I!

No imagine it´s not there.. Crazy, right?

Rati_Festa #7 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40210 battles

View Postskero, on 01 May 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Well, my topic (http://forum.worldof...-created-by-wg/) got locked but I just want to know why it needs to be in the game? 

Answer in the thread:

Because that's what I feed my gunner for.

If wot were a simulation and not a game then maybe but its not.

Anyway how is it unreasonable given that tanks have a crew not a single person doing everything, so while the driver is doing his thing the gunner is maintaining his aim and firing at the target.

Well, I thought the gunner is trained for better aiming not for robotic target lock in every situations even if you are in crazy angles, behind obstacles?! Hmm..

Also some tanks don´t have gunner at all and still can lock the target like guided missiles. Then Commander is doing god like job, heh?

Furthermore you can do this with any crew even the worst one. What´s get better is only aiming not the "target lock".

So a little bit false argument.

Why not to have auto-fire? Why to bother clicking the mouse? Why not to auto-drive to bushes? I trained my driver too.. So funny these arguments.

AnswerHow can it be a "cheat" when it is a game feature that we all have

So dear op get your heat out you pitfullyless and see how this game is 

I bet you have used it too so pity on you

That is what I call an argument! It is in the game so what.. Nothing ever changed in MMO game... Nice thinking there ^^

And you don´t know how I play the game so please don´t assume anything, thank you.

But the answer is good example how the person is defending this skill aiming..

I understand that many ppl are used to this but just why? I can´t find logic behind it. Actually why not to encourage ppl to aim? To be better? Why teaching/allowing them to load golds and just fire on tank with auto aim?

Or speed driving not worrying about where the hell my target is. My 50% gunner or whoever is targeting (I bet it is the damn computer^^) still got you..

Why encouraging so much laziness?

And I´m just asking about the "feature" in the game which I cannot understand. I´m so dull please forgive me... : (

The game is just trying to emulate a crew in the tank. You as a player are driving and aiming, a tank crew had very specific roles so the tank is driven by the driver and assisted by the commander.

The gun is manned by the gunner and again targets may have been picked by the commander. So it makes sense to have auto aim especially when circling or doing more advanced manoeuvres. Multiple crew members meant simultaneous actions could be taken.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 01 May 2018 - 08:58 AM.

skero #8 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 01 May 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Every tank in this game has at least one crew with the gunner role, even if it is a secondary role.

Oh, and you might want to peruse the forum rules.

Well, and auto aim is still the same. It is not crew depending. Nothing to do with crew : ( It is robotic target lock.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36118 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 01 May 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

The point being pussycat is that you should have given it up when they locked your first topic.

All that will happen here is you getting a warning point.

skero #10 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24255 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 01 May 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

The point being pussycat is that you should have given it up when they locked your first topic.

All that will happen here is you getting a warning point.

What´s about asking about it? : ( It´s not like another topic about gold ammo/MM.. etc.. I´m confused.. : (

Homer_J #11 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postskero, on 01 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Well, and auto aim is still the same. It is not crew depending. Nothing to do with crew : ( It is robotic target lock.

It's of limited use and perfectly in place in an arcade game.

DracheimFlug #12 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8925 battles

View Postskero, on 01 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

If your tank's crew are dead, then so is your tank, so yes it is crew dependant. As for 'robotic target lock' you do realize that your 'crew' are not real people but are just lines of code and that it is a pixel tank not a real one, right?

Asklepi0s #13 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

• 4976 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
This thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.
Again not fast enough ! *sigh*
Have a wonderful day !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users