• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

AnanBabanZaa #1 Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1659 battles
  • [TMRD] TMRD

Salutations comrades,

I was thinking of buying a premium tank from the store but I'm really confused on which tank I should buy. What do you recommend? 

I want to it be higher than tier 6 and not a tank destroyer.

Thanks.

undutchable80 #2 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8267 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Cromwell B

Homer_J #3 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The first premium anyone should buy is the Churchill III, end of story.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30542 battles
Can't go wrong with the M4 Revalorise. Nice gun and makes a good amount of credits.

AnanBabanZaa #5 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1659 battles
  • [TMRD] TMRD

View Postundutchable80, on 01 May 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Cromwell B

I said higher than tier 6.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 01 May 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Can't go wrong with the M4 Revalorise. Nice gun and makes a good amount of credits.

What about the armor? Is it good?

Dava_117 #6 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

It's paper, but it got a 390 alpha gun on tier 8.

tank276 #7 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50626 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Salutations comrades,

I was thinking of buying a premium tank from the store but I'm really confused on which tank I should buy. What do you recommend? 

Thanks.

You have too few battles yet dude, I would recommend buying a lower tier to learn basic game mechanics and improve your play.

If you insist on something higher tier, Cromwell Berlin is a very good vehicle and on sale today. Sherman Loza must not be bad either. (I have the Fury)

Homer_J #8 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

I said higher than tier 6.

We know.  But really you will benefit more from a tier 5.  Trust us.

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 49643 battles

You should first decide on what sort of tank you really enjoy playing.

You say not a TD ok so light medium and heavy tanks. do you mind a slow well armoured tank or do you prefer mobility over tough armour.

Get a rough idea of your ideal tank then buy something close to your ideal tank.

Other considerations would depend on what crews you want to train

My usual advice is to try out all tanks on a test server I do that before grinding a new line or buying a premium though with the premiums you can only test out those in the game so new ones are unavailable.

The current test I am pretty sure has ended so that would mean waiting maybe a month for another one.

The tier does not matter much as long as you are willing to face one fact, it is likely you will have a tough time adapting to high tier tank play.

Tier 8 means meeting tier 8-10 tanks a lot of the time and there are players at those tiers who are extremely good.

So by all means buy a tier 8 but please if you find you are being completely outclassed  stop playing it and go back to lower tiers.

Occasionally come back and try out the tier 8 premium again until you find you can handle it.

AnanBabanZaa #10 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1659 battles
  • [TMRD] TMRD

View Posttank276, on 01 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

You have too few battles yet dude, I would recommend buying a lower tier to learn basic game mechanics and improve your play.

If you insist on something higher tier, Cromwell Berlin is a very good vehicle and on sale today. Sherman Loza must not be bad either. (I have the Fury)

Don't let my number of battles false you, I have enough experience from my older account and Blitz. I just want a high tier premium. 

View PostGremlin182, on 01 May 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

You should first decide on what sort of tank you really enjoy playing.

You say not a TD ok so light medium and heavy tanks. do you mind a slow well armoured tank or do you prefer mobility over tough armour.

Get a rough idea of your ideal tank then buy something close to your ideal tank.

Other considerations would depend on what crews you want to train

My usual advice is to try out all tanks on a test server I do that before grinding a new line or buying a premium though with the premiums you can only test out those in the game so new ones are unavailable.

The current test I am pretty sure has ended so that would mean waiting maybe a month for another one.

The tier does not matter much as long as you are willing to face one fact, it is likely you will have a tough time adapting to high tier tank play.

Tier 8 means meeting tier 8-10 tanks a lot of the time and there are players at those tiers who are extremely good.

So by all means buy a tier 8 but please if you find you are being completely outclassed  stop playing it and go back to lower tiers.

Occasionally come back and try out the tier 8 premium again until you find you can handle it.

How do I join a test server? I haven't joined it before.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Salutations comrades,

Thanks.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 01 May 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Never buy a tier 8 premium as a noob and never suggest it either.....

Don't be surprised when you get your [edited]handed to you in every game since you don't have much experience yet and no money to get the equipment needed to improve the tank overall and the crew doesn't have any skills either to make the most out of it.

You should stick to under tier 6 until you have a couple thousand battles, silver and skilled crews.

Condono #12 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10432 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

View PostHomer_J, on 01 May 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

The first premium anyone should buy is the Churchill III, end of story.

B-b-b-b-but I did not buy it :( Daddy WG gave it to me for free. :child:

tank276 #13 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50626 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Don't let my number of battles false you, I have enough experience from my older account and Blitz. I just want a high tier premium. 

Fair enough then.

Lowe and Lorraine 40 t are good choices for me in tier 8.

Panther M10 a good choice for tier 7 (preferential MM).

Makotti #14 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14580 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

If you had the experience you wouldn't need to ask :P Blitz is completely different game.

Cromwell B is real nice tank if not borderline op. If you still insist it must be T8 go for Löwe like almost every beginner goes, I did too and oh boy it must have been joy for teammates...

UrQuan #15 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20104 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

The game has changed. The new MM really is unkind to outright harsh to T8 tanks.  The new 3-5-7 template that the MM favours, in combination with an overload of TX means that most T8 battles will be in the 3-5-7 format where 3 is the TX tank & 7 the T8 tanks.

People do not only advice you to stick to lower tier prems because it is easier, but also because it is more fun. Only a few T8 tanks can still stand well in the current MM as earners & even then it requires good knowledge of the game.

For T8, I enjoy the Lowe well, the armored turret face holds up well & the high pen assures that I keep earning credits on it. But it's mainly a support tank.

The T-34-85M is also a neat tank, a strong tier 6 premium tank that earns good credits.

The Cromwell B is also nice if you enjoy brit med tanks, it's a fast & nimble tank & a joy to play at tier 6.

The Tier 6  Loza sherman is also an interesting offer, as it comes with a commander that already has sixth sense trained. Russian tank, found this important to mention.

MattieW #16 Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13972 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

You’ve played mainly mediums so the following would be good:

M4 rev, lorr 40t, t34-85m

otherwise if you want armour consider the lowe.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30542 battles

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Armour on the M4 Revalorise is meh, but it's mobile enough to get around and that gun is awesome. Fires APCR so great shell speed, 10 degrees of depression so the armour is less of a concern when you can hide most of it and the 390 alpha puts big holes in stuff so the credits rack up nicely.

Karasu_Hidesuke #18 Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Also, some tanks come with the zero skill BIA crew which is a point worth considering.

falcon_96 #19 Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23669 battles
  • [BG3A1] BG3A1

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Salutations comrades,

Thanks.

So no TD, that means no WZ,S1 or Skorp G, all excellent tanks, hmm...
Then...
Meds:

Paper armored meds:
   1.M4 Rev(The hard hitting old man)
    Basically a tier 5 hull from a Sherman with an awesome french 105mm gun on it, the mobility is similar to the tier 5 Sherman, but it has -10 gun depression and pretty damn good gun handling for a medium with something 390 alpha and a cheap shot for that alpha at 580 creds per shot.

2.Lorraine 40t(The assassin)

The other baguette medium worth considering, that one has an autoloader 4 shots 300dmg per shot 36 sec clip reload at 232 pen and as with the M4 Rev, no armor and it is even bigger, but it is also fast, a support medium at the start of the game, an executor at the end of it, if you enjoy playing autoloaders that is a good premium for you.

3.STA-2(The traditionalist)
  The pure medium, no big alpha or autoloader, just good old 90mm with good gun handling mounted on a fast platform, pen is OK, good speed and no armor, that is a support tank for dealing consistent damage and supporting the team.

4.Progetto 46(The hybrid pizzamobile)
  It is new and italian and it is a mix between the Lorraine and the STA, being able to fire both as traditional single shooter and as an autoloader if you need to clip something gives it great flexibility.

Mediums with actual armor:
  1.T-54 mod.1( The all-rounder)
  That one can bounce lower and some same tier tanks while retaining good mobility and nice gun, it has no big flaws, it can support and fight in the front with the heavies if the situation demands it, also it trains soviet med crews, and there are a lot of those.

2. T26E4(Day 846: They still believe i'm a medium. The fools...)
   It is a heavy classified as medium. That is pretty much all about it. Slow, and very well armored frontally(many heavies have weaker front). DPM is on the low side for a medium but with armor like that it is fine. Also it has preferential MM and never meets tier 10s.

Heavies:
  1. T26E5 Patriot(Dispensing democracy one bite at a time!)
   If the T26E4 is a medium in name only the E5 is a heavy that has many medium traits in it, the gun is only 90mm and that means 240 alpha, but you get 230mm pen and great DPM. The upper plate is strong vs low tiers, the lower one is weaker yet still can be trollish but the real strong side of the Patriot is the turret, very strong when hulldown which is not hard with -10 gun depression. Also the shot is dirt cheap for the penetration it has at 250 creds.

2. AMX M4 49 Liberte( Achilles)
  A french with armor?!?(mind blown i know). I call that tank Achilles because just like the hero the tank is extremely strong, but with one very obvious weakspot. If you hit that thing in the cupola you will pen it even in tier 6 tank and it is a rather big cupola too, otherwise it will bounce tier 8 and some tier 9 guns frontally and it has the mobility and gun to dish out dmg in return.

3. Lowe( The dependable relic)
 Now that tank is as old as the game and has many leftover traits from the old days like the pathetic DPM big lower plate weakspot slow speed, but it also has great turret armor and -10 gun depression. It also seems to earn more credits for the same performance than other premiums.

Lights:
1. T92 LT(the sneaky pancake)
Good camo and godlike gun handling, top speed is not the best but it accelerates very fast, it also gets 400m base view range which is pretty good.

2. ELC EVEN 90(It is cute, too bad it is also invisible...)
The best camo out there this thing is pure scout if maxed out a tank with 500m view range would not spot it until it is 250m away. It packs 3 shot 220 dmg autoloader with catastrophic DPM and soft stats, but then again that tank is not meant to shoot, view range is 380, that is OK but not great.

Those are the tanks that are worth it in my opinion.

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 49643 battles

View PostAnanBabanZaa, on 01 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

How do I join a test server? I haven't joined it before.

Here is the download but since the game updates I think tomorrow it might have closed already.

https://worldoftanks...01-common-test/

You install the test server much the same as you do the standard game by default it installs in a different folder.

You run the test and log in with your usual game id and password.

You get temporary access to 20k gold and 100 million credits and xp.

So you should be able to buy one maybe 2 tier 8 premiums or more lower tier, and there are enough credits and xp to unlock entire nations to tier 10.

If you are lucky its still running and you have time to play it today.

If its already closed down np leave the test installed and next time there is a test announced run it and it will update exactly the same way the game does.

Edited by Gremlin182, 01 May 2018 - 05:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users