• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18592 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Hi guys,

one for the WG devs. Not sure if it is happening to you guys too, would like to know so it's not just my problem or maybe you guys know how to fix it but anyway the last few times I play this game when I press the right mouse button or hold down the right mouse button very often the gun shoots. Not enough to be every shot but frequently enough that I feel worth reporting because shooting when you don't want to shoot is not ideal obviously and I lost confidence now in this once helpful feature.

Thanks WG devs. ^^

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23330 battles
I can't move two of my toes independently because of arthritis, ..jus' sayin'.

Strappster #3 Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Clean your mouse.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18592 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 01 May 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

You think maybe my fingers are gone locked together with arthritis so when I press the right I also press the left button unawares? WAhahaa!! I will keep an eye on this next time I play. I don't think I suffer this affliction but none of use are getting any younger lol

TsundereWaffle #5 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25812 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
What if you’re holding your mouse too far to the left so every time you right click it’s actually you left clicking. And left clicks are just in mid air :^)

Spurtung #6 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60025 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Did you check what's what in the settings? Could happen.

Strappster #7 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Have you tried changing your aimbot settings to only activate on right-click, not auto-fire at the same time?

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35165 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 May 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

Hi guys,

one for the WG devs. Not sure if it is happening to you guys too, would like to know so it's not just my problem or maybe you guys know how to fix it but anyway the last few times I play this game when I press the right mouse button or hold down the right mouse button very often the gun shoots. Not enough to be every shot but frequently enough that I feel worth reporting because shooting when you don't want to shoot is not ideal obviously and I lost confidence now in this once helpful feature.

Thanks WG devs. ^^

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 02 May 2018 - 08:56 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

Balc0ra #9 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62747 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
As it's not a widespread issue. I suspect there is nothing the WG devs can "fix". As I don't have it, nor does anyone else seem to have it. So I suspect a mod you installed might have changed something. So check your key map settings, and if that don't help. Clear the cache, and run the game in safemode. Something less me that will fix it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 May 2018 - 11:45 PM.

Strappster #10 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
My money's on cleaning the mouse. Mine would double-click all the time until I gave it a quick squirt of WD-40. Made trying to use (vanilla) auto-aim next to impossible because I'd right-click once and get the confirmation and clearance messages one after the other, so I'd click again and it'd ... etc.

Mr_Burrows #11 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43185 battles
If playing on a laptop, try turning off the mouse pad. Because your left thumb will do bad things to your game when keeping the mouse pad active! Do not ask how I know... 

Yaccay #12 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31559 battles

That must be a practical joke.

One of your friends reconfigured you mouse  ;-)

Dr_ownape #13 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40581 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 01 May 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

I struggle the morning after a long session with arthritis in my hand

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18592 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 01 May 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

What if you’re holding your mouse too far to the left so every time you right click it’s actually you left clicking. And left clicks are just in mid air :^)

Lol, I'm keeping this as an excuse for those really shocking bad battles where I play like a pro window licker... that would be for most battles then. I also considered that I a may have been holding the mouse back to front and upside down but probably not the case, I don't recall being blinded by the laser but maybe because my hand was covering it... that would explain the laser burn on the palm of my hand 

No all seems fine in settings. This is the relatively new mouse that came with that ASUS gaming pc I picked up a few months back. No-one else seems to have this right button shooting the gun problem so it must be the mouse then. It actually started to develop a squeak just a like a real mouse over the last few weeks just like an actual mouse whenever the scroll wheel is spun which is a little annoying but I didn't I didn't care much so maybe as suggested the mouse needs to be cleaned. I never heard of a mouse needing to be cleaned it's not like I'm dipping my hand in and out of a bowl of dry roasted peanuts or such. I have a silicone spray which is a lubricant for plastics and rubbers. It's not such a good idea to ever use petroleum derived lubricants on rubber and plastics because it can break down those materials just like if you ever saw petrol put on a plastic bag or rubber glove, just melts them so I will try silicone spray. Was there a rude joke in that statement? No, genuinely silicone spray for rubber and plastics, I did not say KY Jelly, this is YOUR promiscuous mind working, not mine. Alternatively I just take a mouse from work.    

signal11th #15 Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 33872 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
Turn the mouse round 180 degrees..

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18592 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Ohhhhhh fancy! Very Stug like or SU, not sure, WG, pls make and sell these mice mouses thingys

Y_O_L_0 #17 Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18709 battles
  • [Z__G] Z__G
I have a mouse which has two middle buttons and the wheel. One middle button switches the DPI and the other one switches the LMB function with RMB.

If you press this middle button, then you shoot with RMB and lock turret with LMB.

This may be your issue. You have a new mouse?

Strappster #18 Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_ownape, on 02 May 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

I struggle the morning after a long session with arthritis in my hand

We're still talking about tanks, right? :unsure:

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 May 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

I never heard of a mouse needing to be cleaned ...

My mouse is a Logitech Performance MX. When I googled my double-click issue, nearly every result said that it's to do with flat springs in the mouse switches that have a 'wrinkle' in them which flattens out over time. They then linked to one of two pages that gave detailed instructions on how to dismantle the mouse and switches and where to bend the springs to restore the 'wrinkle'.

I found one post on a forum which said he'd only needed to clean the mouse by squirting WD-40 under the buttons and I figured that was easier to try first. And it worked, perfectly.

Admittedly I've had this mouse for years so it's had plenty of time to build up dust and gunk but IMO it's little different from the days when we had to drop our balls and rub them to get the mouse working properly. ;)

DuncaN_101 #19 Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51811 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Isn't there an option to invert the mouse in the settings?
Just one little tick and problem solved

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18592 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostY_O_L_0, on 02 May 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I have a mouse which has two middle buttons and the wheel. One middle button switches the DPI and the other one switches the LMB function with RMB.

If you press this middle button, then you shoot with RMB and lock turret with LMB.

This may be your issue. You have a new mouse?

Ya it's a new enough mouse, came with the ASUS PC. I don't think I am pressing down on that wheel it's pretty much when I hold down the right button to lock my turret and take a glance at what's happening behind me etc. The gun sometimes shoots and ya, not a great moment when camping bush in front of targets that you were once unseen by lol.

View PostDuncaN_101, on 02 May 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Isn't there an option to invert the mouse in the settings?
Just one little tick and problem solved

No you see it's not a case of the right shoots and the left doesn't. The mouse settings are the same, the left button still controls the shoot option but now the right button has started acting up lately. I can't say it's every single time I press it this happens so that kinda throws the settings possibility out the window and more like a mouse issue or game issue. I don't have any mods, the game is as it is when I downloaded it with the latest patch etc but since the V1 is relatively new and has had it's snags like the pen indicator remaining green even after you are no longer aiming at a tank along with the no sound at times when shot, I thought this might be just another one so I report to this forum/devs.

Since I appear to be the only one experiencing this problem that would appear to rule out any software issue with the game and point more towards the mouse being faulty or needs a clean or something even though I don't drag it around the mud but I do have a cat and cats like the mice

This is not my cat or mouse but same principle applies.

The Asus mouse I currently have looks something like this

It is one of those fancy pants gaming mouses(mice?) that has no separate buttons on the top plastic finish just one smooth finish of soft plastic but obviously there are separate buttons underneath this smooth clean finish and so I think it's impossible to press both right and left mouse buttons at the same time. Like I said, the wheel is starting to squeak when it is turned so maybe it is getting some technical issues. I will spray it with silicone spray when I get home and if that doesn't work I will try to give it some cheese. Just in case that fails I "borrow" a mouse from work to try, after that, I am up the creak without a paddle.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users