Jump to content


Update 1.0.1: Redesigned Province


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,037
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Read up on level design changes that should boost gameplay pace!

The full text of the news item

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15576 battles
  • 1,877
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice, i hope also in future to see the return of old maps as that would be great!

8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 62045 battles
  • 2,938
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I am so ready to revisit this piece of WoT nostalgia (more pls, I bet Pearl River would look sweet...or better yet some that got removed before I joined). 

rustysprite #4 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21781 battles
  • 2,403
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 02 May 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

I am so ready to revisit this piece of WoT nostalgia (more pls, I bet Pearl River would look sweet...or better yet some that got removed before I joined). 

 

Ah yes ... nostalgia... T18 on Province.....  camp bush and shoot across the valley  :)

Simona2k #5 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1464 battles
  • 162
  • [GGLT] GGLT
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
Nice, im waiting update!

Yakito #6 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18519 battles
  • 1,265
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
Yeeeeeesss!! I missed this map so much! Wohoo!

Anastasia100 #7 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19999 battles
  • 30
  • [EL-OD] EL-OD
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

yeah...another camping map. I remember that one....and they have guts to tell us that straight in the face.

It will bust game play they said. Sureeee...siting behind the rock and do not move the whole battle. Like we don't have that at Camparovka, Fishercamping or Erlenbergcamp....heaven for arty and all kind of camping and clicking, not to mention new "consealment" mechanics when you can not spot KV2 or T29 on the open field at 100-150 meters when they shoot at you.

This game became from bad to worse....but hey, I guess there is a lot of people who like to "camp and click" and especially to be stuned half of the battle....



Max_Calibre #8 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19811 battles
  • 662
  • [T-OG] T-OG
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostAnastasia100, on 02 May 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

yeah...another camping map. I remember that one....and they have guts to tell us that straight in the face.

It will bust game play they said. Sureeee...siting behind the rock and do not move the whole battle. Like we don't have that at Camparovka, Fishercamping or Erlenbergcamp....heaven for arty and all kind of camping and clicking, not to mention new "consealment" mechanics when you can not spot KV2 or T29 on the open field at 100-150 meters when they shoot at you.

This game became from bad to worse....but hey, I guess there is a lot of people who like to "camp and click" and especially to be stuned half of the battle....

 

Its not

If you played it on the test server you can see its now a brawling corridor meta map on the 1 now 2 roads up the sides to eventually capture the Bases

and if you try and 'camp' well it don't work anymore you cant see anything to snipe across the valley unless you have a friendly LT doing 'suicide spotting' spotting in the valley floor (no cover

 



LethalWalou #9 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24146 battles
  • 256
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012
When playing on the new Province, for the love of RNG god, please don't all just stay on the side of the map where you spawn. Map designers have encouraged you to cross the middle and there is proper cover to be able to do that. I have a feeling though that this will be a map where people just camp and then blame WG again for making a map where people camp, even though it's not meant to be camped on. Do not just camp.

Edited by LethalWalou, 02 May 2018 - 06:28 PM.


Cobra6 #10 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16320 battles
  • 15,298
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Cool, please do Dragons Ridge and Port next please!

 

Cobra 6



Szatanshow #11 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23169 battles
  • 284
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013
Another map with idiotic huge killzone in the middle it will be another campfest with 2 coridors on sides so much fun gampleay it will be (old province was way beter)

D4wiD3K #12 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 659 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

View PostAnastasia100, on 02 May 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

This game became from bad to worse....but hey, I guess there is a lot of people who like to "camp and click" and especially to be stuned half of the battle....

 

It's tactical gameplay! It's super advanced stuff to drive 50m from the initial spawn point and sit on a platform WG has designed with cover and ability to shoot at half of the map. It's vision game, not brainless camping - just ask any of the 46% camper bots with zero initiative. It's also very exciting to sit in one spot for 10min and click the mouse a few times. :):):) 

 

These players are the target audience of WoT and Wargaming have decided that if a brainless subhuman imbecile [edited]bot can't play the game the way of fixing it is dumbing down the game even further. This isn't going to change anytime soon, it'll just get worse.


Edited by D4wiD3K, 02 May 2018 - 07:03 PM.


uglycousin #13 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43179 battles
  • 3,541
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 02 May 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

I am so ready to revisit this piece of WoT nostalgia (more pls, I bet Pearl River would look sweet...or better yet some that got removed before I joined). 

 

Ooooh yea ...

 

And Pearl River would be nice indeed. :)

 

View PostCobra6, on 02 May 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Cool, please do Dragons Ridge and Port next please!

 

Cobra 6

 

Have not had the chance to play on those. They seemed nice on youtube though.

SnipeExpert #14 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19794 battles
  • 30
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012
Did you still not fix the bug that the AMX M4 54 can get penned in the searchlights above the commanders hatch ????? :(

jabster #15 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • 22,526
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postrustysprite, on 02 May 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

Ah yes ... nostalgia... T18 on Province.....  camp bush and shoot across the valley  :)

 

Ah yes ... nostalgia ... Pz35t with binos ... spot T18 and gold ammo.

Hardass #16 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32669 battles
  • 1,189
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010

View PostAnastasia100, on 02 May 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

yeah...another camping map. I remember that one....and they have guts to tell us that straight in the face.

It will bust game play they said. Sureeee...siting behind the rock and do not move the whole battle. Like we don't have that at Camparovka, Fishercamping or Erlenbergcamp....heaven for arty and all kind of camping and clicking, not to mention new "consealment" mechanics when you can not spot KV2 or T29 on the open field at 100-150 meters when they shoot at you.

This game became from bad to worse....but hey, I guess there is a lot of people who like to "camp and click" and especially to be stuned half of the battle....

 

So you will be QUITTING now then and taking that big Glass of WHINE with you ?

AMB3RL1FE #17 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 22078 battles
  • 4
  • [RAPID] RAPID
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013
Province map for tier X? Seriously?!!! map 800*800 but you guys forgot- playable field is still same (u pushed map borders further, and empty field is unused). If you wanted to release map with Italian tanks - give it to play for up to tier V, otherwise is no sense to play on higher tiers with view range over 400. Who is testing these things, who gives permission for such stupidity. My guess: people who don't play this game and have no idea about mechanics in game. My other guess: light tank will spot enemy tanks after 20 seconds after battle start. Bravo! That's what we want on higher tiers!

AntonCaius #18 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 55000 battles
  • 3
  • [ROMIX] ROMIX
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013

View PostCommunity, on 02 May 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Read up on level design changes that should boost gameplay pace!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/redesigned-province/">The full text of the news item</a>

 

where is new changes for KV5??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LethalWalou #19 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24146 battles
  • 256
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostAMB3RL1FE, on 02 May 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

Province map for tier X? Seriously?!!! map 800*800 but you guys forgot- playable field is still same (u pushed map borders further, and empty field is unused). If you wanted to release map with Italian tanks - give it to play for up to tier V, otherwise is no sense to play on higher tiers with view range over 400. Who is testing these things, who gives permission for such stupidity. My guess: people who don't play this game and have no idea about mechanics in game. My other guess: light tank will spot enemy tanks after 20 seconds after battle start. Bravo! That's what we want on higher tiers!

 

Did you not even watch the video or anything before you commented? ''Distance between hillsides is now a little bit more than 500 meters'' Teams will require scouts to enter the middle, which has spotting bushes and some hard cover, to be able to spot the other side. These facts also encourage teams to cross to the other side from spawn as they can spot the other side that way too and fight there while still getting some support from the other side... Again this is just whining without looking into things. There is a video made just so you wouldn't have to whine and be misinformed.

Edited by LethalWalou, 03 May 2018 - 11:05 AM.


iKnewIT #20 Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 70422 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012
It's nice Province is back, but it's area is still too little for tier 7 LT's even.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users