• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Kavulol #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [SPERD] SPERD

Hello!

I have been playing World of Tanks for a few years now and had a lot of fun in the process. I have developed as a player and I've always been happy with the content you provide. I am mostly a premium player, and I do support the dev team by purchasing the odd premium tank every now and then. I am not the best player but I aim to have fun.

However this morning when I woke up and started the game, I found myself staring at your change of gold ammunition with the addition of "That’s one of the community’s most requested changes and marks the first step towards revising the entire mechanic."

I have tried to be understanding about your changes to the game, the new matchmaking which is less than optimal, the added armor on more and more vehicles, the addition of tier 10 light tanks that can't hit the wall of the garage they stand in, and other minor changes that have made the game taste more and more sour. It would seem you only listen to a few select people who critique you about stuff that the mass of the community doesn't care about.

First of all:

Why do you add more and more powercreep tanks to the game? The recent additions, with the 430U and Obj 268 v4, and before that the Badger, SuperConqueror, Type 5 and so on. These tanks are not fun to face in the tanks of old. I see more and more players drowning themselves or just going yolo in the middle of some map due to seeing these top tier monsters on enemy team. I am all in favor of adding new content to the game, but adding these kinds of tanks, which other, older, tanks have no chance of fighting, is just plain moronic.

Secondly, the matchmaking has to go. You added the "new and improved" 3/5/7 to the game, which means in most teams you either are the top tier, and you can make a difference, or you are stuck watching your teammates get pounded to bits as you sit with your 171 penetration trying to harm a Type5 heavy or a hulldown SuperConqueror. This becomes even more clear when you see your matchmaking has put you in a game where your 3 top tiers are weak tanks, and even in the hands of Godlike players, they have no chance to win against the beforementioned powercreeps. There are some very very outdated tier 8 tanks, which you have done nothing to balance in the past 2-3 years, who go up against the newest, shiniest knights in armor there is. You have little to no chance to turn the game in your teams favor with this kind of matchmaking.

Thirdly, the artillery "situation". I understand that artillery is a part of the game, and the change to arty made them actually bearable. However, do we really need 3 or even 2 artilleries in our games? This again becomes even more clear when you take into account the next point, which is XVM. Being focused by 3 artilleries a whole map is less than optimal and you could easily limit them to 1, max 2 per game without anyone being too upset.

Fourth, the lovely XVM. Ban this mod already. Looking at ingame stats is the most saltbringing part of this game. "BACK TO GARAGE TOMATO" or "WE LOST, TOO MANY RED" is an everyday sight in this game. People drown themselves when they see purple in enemy team and even sacrifice themselves to enemy guns so they can try to find another game. Shouting at your team is something I do almost daily, but this is without xvm. As the before mentioned artillery "situation" as well, it is fantastic to see these players sitting in the most hidden corner of the map, focusing a single player whole game because he has purple stats, even if the player is a bottom-tier insignificant tank.

Fifth, the drowning. This has been discussed in my player group for a long time. Drowning players should get a 24hour "think about what you did there" timeout. This is of course difficult to manage what is deliberate drowning and what is accidental, but you get the point. An artillery player who makes life troublesome for the enemy team for 10 minutes only to drown himself when the going gets tough. Or a player who drowns himself because "that tank" or "that player" is on the enemy team. 24 hours.

Sixth, the maps. With 1.0 came some extremely satisfying map changes. The new maps look fantastic, from trees falling over to snow movement, water ripples, ambient sounds, shooting graphics and the overall new "look" of the game. You did a fantastic job updating the graphics on the maps! However: changing the maps themselves has made many games and maps close to unplayable. Adding double bushes to nearly all camping spots makes this game a "sit and wait for someone to get tired or go to toilet" instead of the dynamic tank shooter it once was. Sure, tank destroyers should have somewhere to sit, but when there is no chance to spot a 155mm cannon firing at you because he has two bushes in front of him all game.... Also, remove mines. No explanation needed.

I will probably find more to complain about as the day goes on.

Thank you for reading (or not?)

Kavu

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So, what exactly is your problem with the removal of the option to buy premium ammo with gold?

Kavulol #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [SPERD] SPERD

View PostHomer_J, on 03 May 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

So, what exactly is your problem with the removal of the option to buy premium ammo with gold?

The quote I added after it.

signal11th #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37079 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Well as usual WG seems to have taken what people have asked for and come to a completely different way of dealing with it, What is "removing prem ammo payed for by gold" going to accomplish? nothing zero zip.Whilst people have been asking for limitations in ammo, less damage more pen or more damage less pen, they haven't done anything.

Strappster #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsignal11th, on 03 May 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

Well as usual WG seems to have taken what people have asked for and come to a completely different way of dealing with it, What is "removing prem ammo payed for by gold" going to accomplish? nothing zero zip.Whilst people have been asking for limitations in ammo, less damage more pen or more damage less pen, they haven't done anything.

If you read the news or the patch notes, ending purchases with gold is only the first step. They intend to rebalance gold ammo and consumables but want players to use up items that were bought using gold first, presumably so that they don't have to offer refunds for items purchased with cash that have material changes to their characteristics.

Source

Going forward, shells and consumables are only available for purchase with Credits. That’s one of the community’s most requested changes and marks the first step towards revising the entire mechanic. It will take some time to completely phase out the number of shells acquired with Gold. But when the state of “shell economics” settles down, we’ll go ahead with rebalancing. As always, we’ll keep everyone updated regarding the next steps. 

I'm more annoyed that they've done nothing to remedy the long loading times issue that's been present since 1.0.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

All your points are old news. Most of those problems exist since years. And if you guys keep "rewarding" WG for all the crap they do, it won't change at all.

I'm really amazed that so many people don't get it. It's really simple.

Apart from the fact that this forum thread is completely pointless as they don't care about feedback here. Here you complain but then you buy all their crap and thus tell them personally that you love everything they do. That doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Jigabachi, 03 May 2018 - 11:20 AM.

Kavulol #7 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [SPERD] SPERD

View PostJigabachi, on 03 May 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

All your points are old news. Most of those problems exist since years. And if you guys keep "rewarding" WG for all the crap they do, it won't change at all.

I'm really amazed that so many people don't get it. It's really simple.

Apart from the fact that this forum thread is completely pointless as they don't care about feedback here. Here you complain but then you buy all their crap and thus tell them personally that you love everything they do. That doesn't make any sense.

Ah yes, I'll just pull my 100€ purchases out of the company to make them go bankrupt. Thanks man you're a real lifesaver.

Mr_Too_Late #8 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41020 battles

Wg make all the changes in the game for the optimal business solution, not for the playesrs bacause most off them dont care.

So it's a delicate balance. Add more armore, make people use more gold. when too many camplain we rework the gold use.

Allmost all new tech tree added have a op tank, soo peple will do the grind.

The old deathstar, fosh 155, wt auf e100 and now the obj.

The biggest problem is the new premium tanks that are just bether then regular tank. WG promised that gold tank never should be better than regular tank, but they are at this point.

I play tier 6-8. MM may hit you in the face some times but its the most playable tier when you just want to have fun

OIias_of_Sunhillow #9 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24544 battles

Instead of buying gold to top up their premium ammo, they will just buy credits, which I assume are still available to buy in the Shop.

I don't believe this will stop the gold spam, not that it's ever bothered me, I just deal with whatever is thrown at me in-game.

Aikl #10 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
  1. Powercreep is good for profit, and for 'play4fun' players who like to have the tank do most of the work. Consider it a handicap. I doubt that 'dedicated' players sit for thousand of games in their 268v4. It's just terribly boring.
  2. Matchmaking sells the 'occasional awesome'-experience. More 'dedicated' players are unlikely to enjoy it. It's boring to be on top, and it's frustrating to be at the bottom.
  3. Artillery likely has some benefits for player retention - you can crank up big numbers while eating dinner or <insert multitask option for one hand here>. It stinks as a mechanic, however. No-risk/high-reward is a terrible combination. One in each match would be plenty, frankly.
  4. XVM/statistics I'd very much like to see removed, but they'd likely have to ban the functionality itself. XVM can technically provide client-to-client data interchange, and doesn't really need the API provided by Wargaming.
  5. That's actually in the works, if I'm not mistaken - or at least acknowledged by the developers. The apparent hesitation to introduce a rule that says 'zero xp if you drown more than X times per 20 battles' might be an indicator of who generally does this - a certain protected vehicle class we all know and love.
  6. This is perhaps one of the more prominent issues - that aren't necessarily discussed that much. Too much emphasis on 'linear' gameplay where flanking/harassing is basically impossible - the options for counterplay are minimal at best.
    In my mind: Lights can lock down large areas of a map by sitting in a bush. Heavies can sidescrape/go hulldown to hide weakspots. TDs can find positions that cover half the map - but still provide cover if you mess up your 'vision gaming'. Mediums ...well, after a lot of them got HT-type turrets you can probably find some way of camping in those, too.

Some maps are better/worse than others in this regard. We still have Airfield in the game, passing into 1.0 without any major redesign. It's an utterly terrible map. TDs lock down most of the map, and tanks sitting on the 'balconies' cover the rest. Then there's 'heavy brawling corner' ...and that's pretty much it.
    Funny thing is, there are likely a lot of players who enjoy that sort of map - it's better solved by a PvE mode where the objective is to literally camp the base and defend against waves of tanks.

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 03 May 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Instead of buying gold to top up their premium ammo, they will just buy credits, which I assume are still available to buy in the Shop.

I don't believe this will stop the gold spam, not that it's ever bothered me, I just deal with whatever is thrown at me in-game.

The point isn't to stop the gold spam, but to become able to rebalance it. Stuff bought for cash "can't" be nerfed (easily). 

Removing it entirely is extremely unlikely, and perhaps not even a good solution. As much as we whine about premium ammo, how fun would near-perma 3-5-7 become if you become even more useless? The only thing premium ammo removal/nerfing would be good for is the three tanks on top of those games. Steve will be in ecstacy when his IS-7 can't be penned frontally by T8s. :great:

Edited by Aikl, 03 May 2018 - 11:37 AM.

Geno1isme #11 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42622 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostStrappster, on 03 May 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

I'm more annoyed that they've done nothing to remedy the long loading times issue that's been present since 1.0.

Thought some micropatch was supposed to fix that. Never had the issue myself so no idea if it did.

Strappster #12 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeno1isme, on 03 May 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Thought some micropatch was supposed to fix that. Never had the issue myself so no idea if it did.

It reduced the delay but I'm still loading in 10-15s after the countdown has ended. The remedy is to move two sound files to the SSD my OS lives on and symbolically link them from the res\packages folder. WoT is the only game on my HDD that needs this workaround and would indicate that the fault lies somewhere in the sound engine yet this is the second major patch since 1.0 and it's still a problem.

Homer_J #13 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKavulol, on 03 May 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

The quote I added after it.

You mean the misquote.

Yes, some of the community have asked for something to be done with premium ammo, this is the first step toward doing something.  When people have paid real money for something they feel entitled to it not being changed so the first step is to reduce the amount which was bought with real money.

lnfernaI #14 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28862 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

ahh,another rant topic.

might as well grab my popcorn as it unveils.

CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37603 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 03 May 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

You mean the misquote.

Yes, some of the community have asked for something to be done with premium ammo, this is the first step toward doing something.  When people have paid real money for something they feel entitled to it not being changed so the first step is to reduce the amount which was bought with real money.

What about the premium tanks that people bought for cash that need the premium ammo to be effective?  Will they buff the tanks standard ammo to be as effective as the old gold shells or leave premium ammo used by premium tanks untouched?

Hedgehog1963 #16 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51282 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostKavulol, on 03 May 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Why do you add more and more powercreep tanks to the game? The recent additions, with the 430U and Obj 268 v4, and before that the Badger, SuperConqueror, Type 5 and so on. These tanks are not fun to face in the tanks of old. I see more and more players drowning themselves or just going yolo in the middle of some map due to seeing these top tier monsters on enemy team. I am all in favor of adding new content to the game, but adding these kinds of tanks, which other, older, tanks have no chance of fighting, is just plain moronic.

Why does anyone need to have this explained to them?  It's staggeringly obvious. Powercreep is necessary to obsolete existing tank lines so that players will want grind the new lines.  Game would die if everyone was happy with the tanks they already have

XVM is fine.  Don't blame the mod because stupid players can't use it properly.

Homer_J #17 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 May 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

What about the premium tanks that people bought for cash that need the premium ammo to be effective?  Will they buff the tanks standard ammo to be as effective as the old gold shells or leave premium ammo used by premium tanks untouched?

Hang on, I just dropped my crystal ball.  I'll need to get another one.

My guess is they will either buff them in some way to compensate for any nerf or leave it untouched.  Same as premium TDs still have their camo after shooting which tech tree TDs lost.  Same as the LeFU kept all 3 shell types.

jabster #18 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostStrappster, on 03 May 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

It reduced the delay but I'm still loading in 10-15s after the countdown has ended. The remedy is to move two sound files to the SSD my OS lives on and symbolically link them from the res\packages folder. WoT is the only game on my HDD that needs this workaround and would indicate that the fault lies somewhere in the sound engine yet this is the second major patch since 1.0 and it's still a problem.

All I can add is that I did have that problem but reinstalling WoT on a higher performance HDD means that I now load in with about twenty seconds left. That obvioulsy doesn’t help you but may suggest that the problem is more complicated than it seems.

Strappster #19 Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 03 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

All I can add is that I did have that problem but reinstalling WoT on a higher performance HDD means that I now load in with about twenty seconds left. That obvioulsy doesn’t help you but may suggest that the problem is more complicated than it seems.

Not really because when you installed the game on a new drive I assume you also installed those sound packages in their regular folder. Moving those two sound packages in isolation means I'm loading in about 2s after the countdown starts whereas with them on the HDD, I'm loading in 10-15s after it's finished.

You can also run a defrag on the WoT folder and see some improvement in load times. Doesn't really indicate anything except that a defragged folder is a bit more efficient than one that is fragmented.

CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37603 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 03 May 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

........... leave it untouched.  Same as premium TDs still have their camo after shooting which tech tree TDs lost.  Same as the LeFU kept all 3 shell types.

Hope so.  Not firing 100% gold with a B2 or E25 just wouldn't seem right.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users