Jump to content


No more gold shells!


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

clouddancer #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 20956 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010
No more gold shells!!!

lnfernaI #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 28862 battles
  • 3,636
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
OP probably doesn't know,but they were made ''free'' so that scrubs like him actually stood a chance against unicums.

Kozzy #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011


Igor_BL #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39568 battles
  • 1,334
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

View PostlnfernaI, on 03 May 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

OP probably doesn't know,but they were made ''free'' so that scrubs like him actually stood a chance against unicums.

 

do you think that your Edited across the forum as actually funny?

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming 

 


Edited by VMX, 03 May 2018 - 11:46 AM.


lnfernaI #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 28862 battles
  • 3,636
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostIgor_BL, on 03 May 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

 

do you think that your trolling across the forum as actually funny?

 

do you think that writing posts like these will make you more important in the world?

Edited by lnfernaI, 03 May 2018 - 11:45 AM.


azakow #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 75901 battles
  • 4,713
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

What a relieve, no need to set the ammo and consumbales to credits anymore when setting up new vehicles.

Well done!

 

I wonder why it was there in the first place.

 


Edited by azakow, 03 May 2018 - 11:32 AM.


Igor_BL #7 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39568 battles
  • 1,334
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

View PostIgor_BL, on 03 May 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

 

do you think that your Edited across the forum as actually funny?

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming 

 

 

Just for other forumites... Word "trolling" is now forbiden too.

Aikl #8 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

'omg silver-spamming newb plz go suck golfball thru garden hose'.

 

View Postazakow, on 03 May 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

What a relieve, no need to set the ammo and consumbales to credits anymore when setting up new vehicles.

Well done!

 

I wonder why it was there in the first place.

 

 

Certainly not because it was such a hassle to set up each new tank/turret.

 

According to an earlier Q&A, they want to nerf/rebalance gold ammo. That's kind of complicated when people have bought them for cash. They'll let people empty their tanks of gold-premium ammo and then refund gold if it's not gone yet.

 

(I suspect we'll end up in a year or so wishing the 'old' premium ammo back. I'd much rather let players keep their 'crutch' (yeah, I know...) and instead rework other parts of the game. Maps, for instance.)



Balc0ra #9 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66269 battles
  • 16,249
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
I laughed when I saw the patch video. WG's idea was to wait and see how the new system for silver only works when ppl's stock of gold ammo goes down in their depot. I'm sure there are ppl that buy gold ammo for gold and stacks up on it. But I would be amazed if that's more then 1% of the population for it to make the difference WG wanted.

wsatnutter #10 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24954 battles
  • 7,577
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
op you will never be a dinger now lets see a fish drawing

Strappster #11 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23913 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postazakow, on 03 May 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

What a relieve, no need to set the ammo and consumbales to credits anymore when setting up new vehicles.

Well done!

 

I wonder why it was there in the first place.

 

It was there in the first place because you used to only be able to buy premium shells and consumables with gold. Buying them for credits was a later addition.

 

Remember when reusable consumables were introduced and for a brief period the premium ones would refresh in 60s rather than the 90s of the standard ones? I suspect we're going to see that again.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

I laughed when I saw the patch video. WG's idea was to wait and see how the new system for silver only works when ppl's stock of gold ammo goes down in their depot. I'm sure there are ppl that buy gold ammo for gold and stacks up on it. But I would be amazed if that's more then 1% of the population for it to make the difference WG wanted.

 

It's got nothing to do with seeing how silver-only works, it's because if they change the characteristics of a digital item after it's been purchased they may have to give refunds to everyone who bought them with gold. Making it credits-only is just the first step to reduce the amount of gold-purchased items in people's depots, then when the numbers people say it's reached an acceptable level they'll start rebalancing the characteristics.

Kozzy #12 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostIgor_BL, on 03 May 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

 

Just for other forumites... Word "trolling" is now forbiden too.

 

2. No naming and Shaming

In-game rule violations should be reported using the in-game function directly.

Avoid:

  • Accusing others of being toxic in-game
  • Accusing others of malicious activity
  • Accusing others of cheating or using illegal services
  • Accusing others of trolling on the forums
  • Claiming to have "reported" someone


Strappster #13 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23913 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostKozzy, on 03 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

2. No naming and Shaming

In-game rule violations should be reported using the in-game function directly.

Avoid:

  • Accusing others of being toxic in-game
  • Accusing others of malicious activity
  • Accusing others of cheating or using illegal services
  • Accusing others of trolling on the forums
  • Claiming to have "reported" someone

 

1. Etiquette:

 

Do not try to impersonate members of the Administration or Moderation Team

  • Trying to impersonate a member of the staff will result in harsh sanctions. Don’t do it!

 

Oh, wait ... :unsure: ... * shoots self *



Igor_BL #14 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39568 battles
  • 1,334
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015
protected like a polar bears

Ceeb #15 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • 5,246
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Postclouddancer, on 03 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

No more gold shells!!!

 

​Thank you for describing the solution for removing Premium Ammo...

 

I found it insightful



Sirebellus #16 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19084 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016
So how many more clicks do we have to make now ?
Instead of buying gold, then buying consumables and ammo for gold we have to buy gold, convert it to credits and then buy consumables and ammo for credits...

We'll still all call it gold ammo even though it can no longer be bought for gold

CircleOfSorrow #17 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012
Do that many people buy ammo for gold?  I have only ever seen one replay where the results detailed gold expenditure for ammo, and they were a Dinger of course.

Strappster #18 Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23913 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSirebellus, on 03 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

So how many more clicks do we have to make now ?
Instead of buying gold, then buying consumables and ammo for gold we have to buy gold, convert it to credits and then buy consumables and ammo for credits...

 

If you use gold to buy a premium shell that does the same damage with higher penetration and it's changed to deliver less damage, you have grounds for complaint as your digital purchase has been subject to a material change.

 

If you buy credits with your gold, one credit will remain one credit. There are no grounds for complaint because what you spend those credits on is a separate matter.

 

It's similar to games companies that no longer sell loot boxes but instead reward you with a mystery box that can only be opened with a purchased key. You're buying a key, there's no element of gambling involved because you're simply purchasing a key and that key will do exactly what's described - open a box.

 

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 03 May 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Do that many people buy ammo for gold? I have only ever seen one replay where the results detailed gold expenditure for ammo, and they were a Dinger of course.

 

I think everybody has made the mistake of changing the gun or turret on a tank and not realising the purchase has reset their ammo purchase option from credits to gold until they see the detailed results screen. 
 

azakow #19 Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 75901 battles
  • 4,713
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

I know all about the "gold" ammo and their changes over time.

I was also not really a hassle to setup your vehicles.

 

What I am on about is the "oops, by excidet I have spend some/alot gold on something unwanted" - it always had some kind of smell to it. Like yu got to read the small print.

It happend to me in in past, hence I did not like this gold as default.



Strappster #20 Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23913 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postazakow, on 03 May 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I know all about the "gold" ammo and their changes over time.

I was also not really a hassle to setup your vehicles.

 

What I am on about is the "oops, by excidet I have spend some/alot gold on something unwanted" - it always had some kind of smell to it. Like yu got to read the small print.

It happend to me in in past, hence I did not like this gold as default.

 

Ah, you just wanted to have a whine at WG defaulting to gold on the occasion that they're no longer doing that and no longer allowing purchases of those items with gold and despite there being garage mods available for years which would automatically default purchases to credits if it proved to be a particular problem for anyone.

 

Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users