Private

• Player
  • 5736 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3

seems like a keeper to me

armor is autocannon proof, mostly HE proof as well

its mobile enough to get where you want to be

agile enough to not get circled to death

the HE pen makes it very useful against many tanks, good HEAT and AP too on the top gun.

gun behaves pretty nicely for a 75mm on tier 4.

only downsides are the soft stats on the gun, which you really feel when you dont have a good crew in it.

anyone else been enjoying it?

Snake_Keeper #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8938 battles

It is a nice tank, except for the fact that a shot on the front rolling wheel is both track + engine.

I'm definitely keeping this in my inventory, plays very similar to the Pz. IV. D, and I liked that very much.

CamperKaempfer #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23037 battles

View PostRoQeNooB, on 03 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

seems like a keeper to me

armor is autocannon proof, mostly HE proof as well

its mobile enough to get where you want to be

agile enough to not get circled to death

the HE pen makes it very useful against many tanks, good HEAT and AP too on the top gun.

gun behaves pretty nicely for a 75mm on tier 4.

only downsides are the soft stats on the gun, which you really feel when you dont have a good crew in it.

anyone else been enjoying it?

haven't played it yet but by comparing its stats to those of any other tier 4 medium it seems pretty op

leggasiini #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14130 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The P26 is absolutely ridiculous and might as well be the most powerful tier 4 in the game, which is absolutely insane when you consider all the infamously broken seal clubbing machines at the tier. If you pen the HE shells, you effectively got same alpha and 450 higher DPM than a T-34-85M. That alpha + DPM is good at tier 7, starts to get really broken at tier 6 already, but this thing is a f*cking tier 4, THAT HAS MORE DPM THAN T-34-85M. Tier 4s have twice as low HP as tier 6s, so effectively, you kill things like 2.5x as quick as T-34-85M does. GG.

And unlike other seal clubber monsters at tier 4, it doesn't even have a glaring downside. It's all around good at a lot of things. Matilda is slow as hell, Hetzer has no view range, turret or side/rear armor, B2 is slow and has poor pen, T-28 F30 is gigantic and has no armor, etc etc. The P26 in return moves quick enough, so it doesnt get left behind, has armor that allows it to resist HE, autocannons and make tier 3s like jokes against it, and it has -10 depression with a small turret. It also seems to have very nice camo and the pen is very good, especially for that alpha. 130 HEAT is enough against almost any tier 6, bar AT 8 and O-I. The only downside this thing has is frontal transmission and engine, and somewhat lackluster gun handling, but most tier 4s have bad gun handling anyway, and this thing has good enough RoF to fire again very soon.

If you get top tier 5-10 against tier 3s, the tank is so ridiculously broken that it's hilarious. You can effectively delete everything that doesn't have enough armor in few seconds, like the Luchs can, but unlike the Luchs, it doesnt have a cooldown. Tier 3 Italian thing seems to not have enough pen to go through the P26 if it angles enough, and you can just blast them into oblivion with HE. And it's not even outclassed in a tier 6 game, because the alpha + DPM is good for a tier 5, and the pen is also good enough against many tier 6s. You can just snipe with it when bottom tier, because camo values are rather good, and the accuracy isn't even that bad considering that how hard it hits.

I have higher DPG with this than several tier 5 mediums. To make it even more hilarious, I have 75% crew as well, and can't even club properly with it when everyone else is also playing the P26. Go figure. Just imagine what terrifying things you could do with a +4 skill crew and when MM becomes a bit more normal...

I don't know what the hell they smoked when they "balanced" this tank. But hey, it's a tier 4, so it probably will be forgotten forever by WG.

Edited by leggasiini, 03 May 2018 - 04:26 PM.

Keyanu #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9619 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Sounds like I need to get one ;)

RoQeNooB #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5736 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3

View Postleggasiini, on 03 May 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

The P26 is absolutely ridiculous and might as well be the most powerful tier 4 in the game, which is absolutely insane when you consider all the infamously broken seal clubbing machines at the tier. If you pen the HE shells, you effectively got same alpha and 450 higher DPM than a T-34-85M. That alpha + DPM is good at tier 7, starts to get really broken at tier 6 already, but this thing is a f*cking tier 4, THAT HAS MORE DPM THAN T-34-85M. Tier 4s have twice as low HP as tier 6s, so effectively, you kill things like 2.5x as quick as T-34-85M does. GG.

And unlike other seal clubber monsters at tier 4, it doesn't even have a glaring downside. It's all around good at a lot of things. Matilda is slow as hell, Hetzer has no view range, turret or side/rear armor, B2 is slow and has poor pen, T-28 F30 is gigantic and has no armor, etc etc. The P26 in return moves quick enough, so it doesnt get left behind, has armor that allows it to resist HE, autocannons and make tier 3s like jokes against it, and it has -10 depression with a small turret. It also seems to have very nice camo and the pen is very good, especially for that alpha. 130 HEAT is enough against almost any tier 6, bar AT 8 and O-I. The only downside this thing has is frontal transmission and engine, and somewhat lackluster gun handling, but most tier 4s have bad gun handling anyway, and this thing has good enough RoF to fire again very soon.

If you get top tier 5-10 against tier 3s, the tank is so ridiculously broken that it's hilarious. You can effectively delete everything that doesn't have enough armor in few seconds, like the Luchs can, but unlike the Luchs, it doesnt have a cooldown. Tier 3 Italian thing seems to not have enough pen to go through the P26 if it angles enough, and you can just blast them into oblivion with HE. And it's not even outclassed in a tier 6 game, because the alpha + DPM is good for a tier 5, and the pen is also good enough against many tier 6s. You can just snipe with it when bottom tier, because camo values are rather good, and the accuracy isn't even that bad considering that how hard it hits.

I have higher DPG with this than several tier 5 mediums. To make it even more hilarious, I have 75% crew as well, and can't even club properly with it when everyone else is also playing the P26. Go figure. Just imagine what terrifying things you could do with a +4 skill crew and when MM becomes a bit more normal...

I don't know what the hell they smoked when they "balanced" this tank. But hey, it's a tier 4, so it probably will be forgotten forever by WG.

yea, its pretty broken

Id say it needs a nerf bat to the HE pen and damage, 50 pen and 150 damage would still be really good, but it wont yeet on tier 5s that hard

Strappster #7 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 23895 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postleggasiini, on 03 May 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

If you get top tier 5-10 against tier 3s, the tank is so ridiculously broken that it's hilarious.

I wouldn't know. The single battle I've had so far with that match-making was wasted thanks to the team mate who felt he deserved the corner I was fighting on more than me despite arriving later. He spent the entire battle trying to push me out in front of the enemy despite his appearing to have the stock engine and not shifting me at all.

Any advantage gained from the HE penetration is negated by having to play them with low tier team mates like that brain donor. :sceptic:

_Yippe_ #8 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3709 battles
Oh please stop, we dont need another useless tank because nerfs... Let the game be fun and with diversity... we already have lots of tanks destroyed Cuz it was different.. stop claim for clones, some of you always do it... Looking as a enemy of the game...

Edited by _Yippe_, 04 May 2018 - 12:04 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I shall look at this one with interest.

The Italian tier 2 light and tier 3 med both seemed rather good when I ran them this evening.

thedab #10 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44721 battles

it would be op,if was not for the T28E.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postthedab, on 03 May 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

T28E is okay, but the real killer at 4 is the DW2

BSHDBCG #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5586 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 May 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

T28E is okay, but the real killer at 4 is the DW2

If you gold spam, like you always tell people to do in that tank.

leggasiini #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14130 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postthedab, on 04 May 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

T28E at least is massive, has no depression and has god awful gun stats, unlike this thing, kek

Simeon85 #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 03 May 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

This is the point, it's tier 4, no one cares. 

Though WG should care because all the sealclubbing and OP stuff around tier 3 and 4 is where probably 1000s of players are lost as it's where the grinding starts to become a little longer and if they just get helplessly clubbed by OP stuff like this they give up and never play again. 

Suurpolskija #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I just played a couple games at tier5 and I can confirm, these are everywhere and they're very very hard hitting and hard to hit back. Small turret, 0.41 accuracy and 70mm HE pen is just horrible.

And my crews are ok skilled, I can't imagine how horrible the new player experience will be at those tiers when you haven't got proper equipment and/or crews.

Anyways, I hope they remove the HE pen, or reduce the accuracy and ROF to something that M4 and Pz4 have. We really don't need more HE spam in this game, we got the jap heavies already.

RoQeNooB #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5736 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3

View Postthedab, on 04 May 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

this is a smaller, less consistent but higher DPM and more accurate T28E F30

you get the same alpha with your HE as the T28E with AP, but you fire faster, aim faster, are more accurate, etc.

just lower pen ;)

I think theyre powercreeping the T28E bois

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users