Jump to content


Ok... who was the genius WG?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33316 battles
  • 1,392
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

Ok, so the Italian lines are out there, and i allready have a major flaw to point out in their tier IV and V tanks...

that will create some sort of run for statpadder and all sort of complains...

 

How come WG, decide to give to the tier IV Italian tank...

a gun with 70 average penetration with 180 average damage with high explosive rounds, that fires every 3 seconds with proper crew... 

 

is anyone with a BRAIN or decency, that can understand this? this is... remarkably unfair... and absurdly STUPID...

 

Just lets talk about this....

 

The tier V 100mm  derp guns you can find in the german, american and french mediums do 420 average damage, they are bigger guns... make sense, but also, they have "only" about 50 mm of penetration, meaning most of the time they dont even penetrate, so the average damage is basicly 150/200 at times... slower guns an heavier guns like the 122mm of the KV-1 per example can do 450 average damage with High explosive, and have about 61 mm of penetration...

 

The 122 mm gun of the KV1, have ONLY 62 mm of penetration... YET LOOOOL 

 

YET... you give fora tier IV italian tnak, a 75mm gun with 70mm of penetration with high explosive... (i cant even type this without laughing....)

 

and without surprise, knowing this, i jsut unlocked the italian tier IV, used some exp, to fully elited and load it with only... HE... because who what else would i play it?? 

 

and the result was instantly a joke... Master badge...  im pretty sure that with this gun, and with open maps and such my average damage with this tank, would be better than in many tier 7 mediums i have, with a tier IV...

 

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4336529#teams

 

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking to give this tank 70 mm of penetration with HE'??

 

what do you think it will happen to tier III players'??

 

 

who was the genius WG?? who was IT?... 

 

Notice, that with this gun, i would prefer to use the stock gun on the tier V, as well, because this gun with HE, and proper setup, gives 3k dpm...

3000 dmg per minute, just go to tanks gg and see it for your self...

 

INSANE! its the just the word it came to my mind... irresponsebly INSANE

 

 


Edited by KillingJoker, 03 May 2018 - 06:14 PM.


Homer_J #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Going by your nick I suspect it was you.

KillingJoker #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33316 battles
  • 1,392
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 03 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Going by your nick I suspect it was you.

 

Imagine the suffering of a player who is permatracked in a corner, without being capapble of doing nothing, because the HE does critical dmg all the time...

i just did that to an hetzer in that replay...

 

this tank... will be so hatefull in the hands of players who actually have experience,, it will be a major statpadding cruelty... i mean it...

 



Homer_J #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

I'm sure it's just a mistake which WG will hotfix in a couple of days. :unsure:



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
killing joker, give it up, nobody likes ur posts take the hint buddy...............Tumbleweed..

KillingJoker #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33316 battles
  • 1,392
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015
:teethhappy:

Strappster #7 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostKillingJoker, on 03 May 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Imagine the suffering ...

 

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

 

An experienced player can perma-track a TD with any shell type given the right reload and plenty of people would say it's exactly the right thing to do in the circumstances. Some might even go so far as to recommend it as a way of dealing with a casemate opponent that has a big gun.

 

You're just looking for today's subject to whinge about and you think you've found it with tier IV and V HE pen on some tanks that are getting played a bit more than others right now.



MeNoobTank #8 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11481 battles
  • 390
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017
This is the first Tier 4 that I like. Let it like this ! We - Noob tanks need this !!

tumppi776 #9 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 42727 battles
  • 2,305
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

well enjoy the tier 4 - bcs the tier5 is insanely bad.

 

slow, super crappy gun handling, super crappy gun that bounces on every tank you try to shoot, seriously I think they messed up with the range dissipation...

 

4.4s reload to do 100 dmg (sit crew) and the thing goes 40kph downhill - when pushed.



Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,862
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostKillingJoker, on 03 May 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

 

Imagine the suffering of a player who is permatracked in a corner, without being capapble of doing nothing, because the HE does critical dmg all the time...

i just did that to an hetzer in that replay...

 

this tank... will be so hatefull in the hands of players who actually have experience,, it will be a major statpadding cruelty... i mean it...

 

 

Hetzer players deserve to get treated with their own medicine since almost everybody is derping around in that thing anyway. 

Balc0ra #11 Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

There are guns on tier 3 that have 2 more AP pen then HE pen. One of them is even on a super agile platform. So it's not uncommon for non derps to run HE only at that tier with a good ROF. Nor is it higher up. And every tier 4 I've faced is only using HE. Doing zero damage in +2 games. So it's a double edged sword. And most of them don't even seem to get less then average rolls even vs equal tiers.

 

View PostKillingJoker, on 03 May 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

The 122 mm gun of the KV1, have ONLY 62 mm of penetration... YET LOOOOL

 

Could be because the 122mm gun does 563 damage on a high roll if it fully pens. And still does enough to kill a tier 4 if it don't pen. So if it had 70 pen even, with that alpha? Well... 

 



_Anarchistic_ #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38818 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

everyone reported this in test server

 

even QB raised the issue in his preview vid, saying it HAD to be a mistake, and I am sure others did to

 

but as usual WG ignore the feedback and just say Fxxx you players Fxxx you



Geno1isme #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42663 battles
  • 7,852
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Thing is: If you don't pen with those low-alpha HE rounds they will do very little or zero damage. It's not really a derp-gun. Compared to AP rounds you get no normalization or overmatch mechanics, so those 70mm aren't very effective when dealing with angled armor. Even 20mm of angled armor can prevent penetration and reduce your damage by 60% or more. A Matilda, KV-1 or O-I Exp. probably won't even feel the hit most of the time.

 

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 May 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Hetzer players deserve to get treated with their own medicine since almost everybody is derping around in that thing anyway. 

 

LOL, have fun killing a Hetzer with those rounds dealing like 30-70 damage per shot while taking 150-180 in return (assuming he only splashes you with HE and doesn't just one-shot you with AP or HEAT).

 

And that replay result is hardly impressive. It's a decent result sure, but that's about it.

 

View PostKillingJoker, on 03 May 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Notice, that with this gun, i would prefer to use the stock gun on the tier V, as well, because this gun with HE, and proper setup, gives 3k dpm...

3000 dmg per minute, just go to tanks gg and see it for your self...

 

Assuming you actually pen all your shots, which is rather unlikely. If you're just splashing your DPM is reduced by 60 to 80%. In practice it will be somewhere in the middle depending on the setups you encounter.

 

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 04 May 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

even QB raised the issue in his preview vid, saying it HAD to be a mistake, and I am sure others did to

 

QB has shown in several occasions that he doesn't really understand HE mechanics.

 

Don't get me wrong: against lightly armored targets this gun can be devastating (like all derps). But against properly armored tanks the damage potential is gonna be close to zero, unlike your usual derps that will still do significant amounts of splash damage.


Edited by Geno1isme, 04 May 2018 - 11:15 AM.


Homer_J #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
So I bought one and well.  First problem, there's usually another six or eight of them on each team.  Second problem you have O-I exp and O-I to deal with.

Condono #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 04 May 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

So I bought one and well.  First problem, there's usually another six or eight of them on each team.  Second problem you have O-I exp and O-I to deal with.

 

Third problem is that you can't spam premium shells with gold anymore. :trollface:

Strappster #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostGeno1isme, on 04 May 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Thing is: If you don't pen with those low-alpha HE rounds they will do very little or zero damage. It's not really a derp-gun. Compared to AP rounds you get no normalization or overmatch mechanics, so those 70mm aren't very effective when dealing with angled armor. Even 20mm of angled armor can prevent penetration and reduce your damage by 60% or more. A Matilda, KV-1 or O-I Exp. probably won't even feel the hit most of the time.

 

Yep, it's a tank that makes you think about what ammo you're going to fire instead of simply selecting one and sticking with it. I genuinely love mine because of this; my Pz. IV H has the 105mm derp and it's usually HE all the way. My P26/40 has a fairly balanced load-out of AP, HEAT and HE and I change which I'm using depending on what I'm firing at.

 

View PostGeno1isme, on 04 May 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

LOL, have fun killing a Hetzer with those rounds dealing like 30-70 damage per shot while taking 150-180 in return (assuming he only splashes you with HE and doesn't just one-shot you with AP or HEAT).

 

Why does every imaginary battle involve facing the enemy head-on, not moving and only using a single type of ammo? Even if you started that way with HE loaded, who wouldn't try to track the Hetzer and get its side?

 

View PostHomer_J, on 04 May 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

So I bought one and well.  First problem, there's usually another six or eight of them on each team.

 

AP for the front, HE for the sides and rear.

 

View PostHomer_J, on 04 May 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Second problem you have O-I exp and O-I to deal with.

 

HEAT and aiming. The O-I is more troublesome but then it's a +2 tier heavy tank, it's supposed to be.



SnowRelic #17 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22820 battles
  • 589
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-14-2012

View PostStrappster, on 04 May 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Why does every imaginary battle involve facing the enemy head-on, not moving and only using a single type of ammo? Even if you started that way with HE loaded, who wouldn't try to track the Hetzer and get its side?

 

Because of the limited cranial capacity of some hairless apes?

 

View PostKillingJoker, on 03 May 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Ok, so the Italian lines are out there, and i allready have a major flaw to point out in their tier IV and V tanks...

that will create some sort of run for statpadder and all sort of complains...

 

Just lets talk about this....

 

Translation: oh no, someone will enjoy it! That cannot be allowed to happen. It simply will not stand. Quick, call the fun police!



KillingJoker #18 Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33316 battles
  • 1,392
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

It really amazes me how people dare to compare other derp guns to the cannone 75/34 of the P26/40...

 

how come you can compare guns that are innacurate, and completely unreliable to snipe and shoot at moving targets due to innacuracy it self and the fact the shell velocity and shell drop is slow and unpredictable, that you mostly can only hit stacionary targets, and i know this because i have more than 1500 games in a Pz IV H 

 

this gun on a tier IV is a complete different story, i dont even see it as a derp gun... its not a derp gun... its a gun that have 70mm of penetration, and with RNG can even penetrate above 95mm... and does 175 average damage per shot... thats it... 

 

dont say its a derp gun, because its not... its a 75mm gun with... 3,6 reload time with a mediocre setup, without bia or food, the aiming time and the accuracy, doesnt have anything to do with derp guns... so dont compare it to derp guns...

 

This gun, should have a 38mm penetration, like most other 75mm guns do have, having 70mm of penetration, completely breaks the gameplay against lower tiers and even against tier VI tanks...

 

You can actually penetrate frontaly a KV-1 with that gun... you can shot a driver port, and it will do 175mm...

 

The gun only doesnt work when it hits flat angled surfaces that excede the 75mm, if you can really miss shots, but the gun handling is way better than most derp guns...

so dont compare it to a derp gun...

 

Obviously, the guy who did the stats for the gun, knew it was creating something that would be controversial, and it think they do it on purpose, WG likes to do this...

release broken OP tanks at most of the tiers, so the people who know the game keeps playing it and having fun with it.... its like their policy...

 

But honestly.. the tank is broken, i did a master without effort in my first game, and i did several masters and high calibers after it... its not healthy for lower tiers...

you can have a Hetzer and Stug III B or the new sweedish TDs with 400 alpha, its ok, they are tank destroyers, they have no turret and their reload and accuracy is not that high...


But when you give 3.6 second reload time, and 0.41 accuracy to a gun that can penetrate literaly everything in thouse tiers, and does 155-200 per shot...and you create a tank that will be completely unbalanced against tier III and even over competitive against tier V and VI for a tier IV...

 

lets not forget the tank is not slow at all.... this tank have decent mobility, the gun handling is ok for the damage it makes, it have ok camorating... you can snipe with it...

 

again, any player who knows how to play world of tanks, will easly have results like this...or even better, because i didnt even played seriously most of the games

 

 

 



Strappster #19 Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostKillingJoker, on 04 May 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

It really amazes me how people dare to compare other derp guns to the cannone 75/34 of the P26/40...

 

how come you can compare guns that are innacurate, and completely unreliable to snipe and shoot at moving targets due to innacuracy it self and the fact the shell velocity and shell drop is slow and unpredictable, that you mostly can only hit stacionary targets, and i know this because i have more than 1500 games in a Pz IV H 

 

this gun on a tier IV is a complete different story, i dont even see it as a derp gun... its not a derp gun... its a gun that have 70mm of penetration, and with RNG can even penetrate above 95mm... and does 175 average damage per shot... thats it... 

 

dont say its a derp gun, because its not... its a 75mm gun with... 3,6 reload time with a mediocre setup, without bia or food, the aiming time and the accuracy, doesnt have anything to do with derp guns... so dont compare it to derp guns...

 

This gun, should have a 38mm penetration, like most other 75mm guns do have, having 70mm of penetration, completely breaks the gameplay against lower tiers and even against tier VI tanks...

 

You can actually penetrate frontaly a KV-1 with that gun... you can shot a driver port, and it will do 175mm...

 

The gun only doesnt work when it hits flat angled surfaces that excede the 75mm, if you can really miss shots, but the gun handling is way better than most derp guns...

so dont compare it to a derp gun...

 

Obviously, the guy who did the stats for the gun, knew it was creating something that would be controversial, and it think they do it on purpose, WG likes to do this...

release broken OP tanks at most of the tiers, so the people who know the game keeps playing it and having fun with it.... its like their policy...

 

But honestly.. the tank is broken, i did a master without effort in my first game, and i did several masters and high calibers after it... its not healthy for lower tiers...

you can have a Hetzer and Stug III B or the new sweedish TDs with 400 alpha, its ok, they are tank destroyers, they have no turret and their reload and accuracy is not that high...


But when you give 3.6 second reload time, and 0.41 accuracy to a gun that can penetrate literaly everything in thouse tiers, and does 155-200 per shot...and you create a tank that will be completely unbalanced against tier III and even over competitive against tier V and VI for a tier IV...

 

lets not forget the tank is not slow at all.... this tank have decent mobility, the gun handling is ok for the damage it makes, it have ok camorating... you can snipe with it...

 

again, any player who knows how to play world of tanks, will easly have results like this...or even better, because i didnt even played seriously most of the games

 

 

 

 

TL;DR - OP admits to stat-padding in low tiers.

 



tumppi776 #20 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 42727 battles
  • 2,305
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View PostStrappster, on 04 May 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

TL;DR - OP admits to stat-padding in low tiers.

 

 

but op has a point. its not a derp gun that can 2 shot most equal tier vehicles in 3.6s... gg




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users