Jump to content


I need advice on the T54 ltwt and the Progetto

T54 ltwt Progetto 46 advice help

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4280 battles
  • 512
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

First things first, i'm not a good player.

Mostly because i don't invest as much time in WoT as i do in WoWS. I play a tank, then switch to another, then another and so forth.

With the release of the Progetto i played more WoT than WoWS, so i finally started having good games in it.

 

Anyways, during the Xmas event, i unlocked my T54 ltwt and the very first game was quite decent. 

I teamed up with a random medium player and we played very aggressively, and i thought that was the way to play the ltwt.

Every other game in it was bad, no matter what playstyle i tried, playing the passive spotter, the sniper, the flanker nothing worked really.

I watched vids on YT, but these show mostly (near) unicums, and as i already established, i'm no unicum. 

The last game i had in it yesterday was my best so far, and again i played very aggressively and used the speed and agility of the tank on a city map to get the sides of heavys and TDs.

 

So any advice how to generally play this tank? I'd like to get the T100-Lt at some point and getting blasted early in the game doesn't yield much XP, and tbh i don't like being blasted at all. ^^

 

 

My second question is in regards to the Progetto 46, which i played almost exclusively since i bought it.

The first games were as expected with a crew without any perks like sixth sense, so i noticed that i'm spotted when my tank exploded. 

I also tried several playstyles of which some worked more than others, with wolfpacking with other mediums is the most fun.

Two or more Progettos have an incredible stopping power, and i had quite a number of 2k+ damage games (tho, i had quite a number of 0 damage games in the beginning).

 

Spotting for my light tanks didn't work to well and sniping is boring as frak.

 

Anyways, to my question.

Tthe last game i played i manged to be the top scorer in damage and XP in a TX game on Abbey with 3k+ damage, which to my surprise gave me a 1. class mastery badge.

Since i'm not chasing stats but play mostly for fun ( as in, doing as much damage as possible and than winning the game) and not as a competitive player i wonder how much damage i'd have to do to get a Ace tanker in the Progetto? Anyone has any figures?



tank276 #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47758 battles
  • 249
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said

 

 

 

So any advice how to generally play this tank? I'd like to get the T100-Lt at some point and getting blasted early in the game doesn't yield much XP, and tbh i don't like being blasted at all. ^^

 

Mate, for me dont bother much with light tanks, there are mediums in game, that do the job the lights are supposed to do much more efficiently. I have grinded all lights to t10, apart from the French (still at 13 90).

 

 

 

Since i'm not chasing stats but play mostly for fun ( as in, doing as much damage as possible and than winning the game) and not as a competitive player i wonder how much damage i'd have to do to get a Ace tanker in the Progetto? Anyone has any figures?

 

It is a difficult period to both mark and master the Progetto, as long as the hype is up (marathon just ended) they are being played by very solid players, who possibly have used free xp to already have 3 and 4 skilled crews (or just played like crazy for that matter with crew boosters applied).

 



divsmo #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30579 battles
  • 198
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Not sure on damage numbers but i believe an ace in the progetto atm is around 15-1600 base xp.

PoIestar #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30778 battles
  • 3,937
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postdivsmo, on 03 May 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Not sure on damage numbers but i believe an ace in the progetto atm is around 15-1600 base xp.

 

Totally believable as 1400 didn't ace it yesterday.

Strappster #5 Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23536 battles
  • 8,735
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

So any advice how to generally play this tank?

 

Fast medium, any spotting is a bonus and only worry about that if your team is in a position to use what you're spotting. Most of the RU lights play this way.

 

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

... how much damage i'd have to do to get a Ace tanker in the Progetto? Anyone has any figures?

 

vbAddict says 2,387 but I'm pretty sure it's more than that. :confused:



PauI #6 Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24202 battles
  • 341
  • [BV-S] BV-S
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
The other days i needes above 1.6 base for the progetto ace
Today i had an ace with 1.2k base....so it wend down quite a bit

Edited by PauI, 03 May 2018 - 08:40 PM.


VarzA #7 Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17396 battles
  • 1,030
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

First things first, i'm not a good player.

Mostly because i don't invest as much time in WoT as i do in WoWS. I play a tank, then switch to another, then another and so forth.

With the release of the Progetto i played more WoT than WoWS, so i finally started having good games in it.

 

Anyways, during the Xmas event, i unlocked my T54 ltwt and the very first game was quite decent. 

I teamed up with a random medium player and we played very aggressively, and i thought that was the way to play the ltwt.

Every other game in it was bad, no matter what playstyle i tried, playing the passive spotter, the sniper, the flanker nothing worked really.

I watched vids on YT, but these show mostly (near) unicums, and as i already established, i'm no unicum. 

The last game i had in it yesterday was my best so far, and again i played very aggressively and used the speed and agility of the tank on a city map to get the sides of heavys and TDs.

 

So any advice how to generally play this tank? I'd like to get the T100-Lt at some point and getting blasted early in the game doesn't yield much XP, and tbh i don't like being blasted at all. ^^

 

 

My second question is in regards to the Progetto 46, which i played almost exclusively since i bought it.

The first games were as expected with a crew without any perks like sixth sense, so i noticed that i'm spotted when my tank exploded. 

I also tried several playstyles of which some worked more than others, with wolfpacking with other mediums is the most fun.

Two or more Progettos have an incredible stopping power, and i had quite a number of 2k+ damage games (tho, i had quite a number of 0 damage games in the beginning).

 

Spotting for my light tanks didn't work to well and sniping is boring as frak.

 

Anyways, to my question.

Tthe last game i played i manged to be the top scorer in damage and XP in a TX game on Abbey with 3k+ damage, which to my surprise gave me a 1. class mastery badge.

Since i'm not chasing stats but play mostly for fun ( as in, doing as much damage as possible and than winning the game) and not as a competitive player i wonder how much damage i'd have to do to get a Ace tanker in the Progetto? Anyone has any figures?

 

T-54 light is more of a medium light, than a proper light.

Because of that, to get the most out of it you have to know the enemy tanks very very well, sometimes it pays off to facehug a heavy tank in it, while other times you have to be a complete and total coward.

I played it with coated optics/rammer/binocs. The gun handling is good enough to not need a vstab, and i spotted where i could, active spotted where i could and did damage where i could. I think i finished the grind with 72% on MOE, and reached 75-77% at some point.

 

Also, keep in mind that with so many lights flooding the MM, a lot of ppl now know where lights go, in the obvious spots and blindfire them.

GL with the t-100 lt, i got mine a few days ago. :)



Jethro_Grey #8 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4280 battles
  • 512
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View Posttank276, on 03 May 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

 

 

Lights are not my prefered class in WoT ( love DDs in WoWS tho ^^), i was trying to complete the campaign missions for the StuG IV, but than i relaized that i need to do the SPG missions as well to get the tank. Sucks to be me.

 

I'm not trying to brute force an ace tanker, was just curious as i made 1.class with 3k+ (tho no spotting). The progetto is the first tank i enjoy in a while and can do well in, so i keep playing it as before and see what happens.

 

View Postdivsmo, on 03 May 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Not sure on damage numbers but i believe an ace in the progetto atm is around 15-1600 base xp.

 

View PostPoIestar, on 03 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

 

Totally believable as 1400 didn't ace it yesterday.

 

View PostStrappster, on 03 May 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

 

Fast medium, any spotting is a bonus and only worry about that if your team is in a position to use what you're spotting. Most of the RU lights play this way.

 

 

vbAddict says 2,387 but I'm pretty sure it's more than that. :confused:

 

Thx guys, it seems to be way more than the actual numbers on VBaddict, unless these numbers do not represent damage.

I tried - for $hits and giggles - to get an ace tanker on my Type 59 Patton, as the numbers there were quite low.

 

So i jumped in a bush and spotted for more than half my team and made 2k spotting and 2k of my own damage in a TIX game and it was just good enough for a second class mastery badge.

This tank seem to be a good spotter, i shall investigate this some more in the next days.^^

 

View PostPauI, on 03 May 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

The other days i needes above 1.6 base for the progetto ace
Today i had an ace with 1.2k base....so it wend down quite a bit

 

Ah, thx!

Well, my best game so far were 1.1something base.

 

View PostVarzA, on 03 May 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

 

T-54 light is more of a medium light, than a proper light.

Because of that, to get the most out of it you have to know the enemy tanks very very well, sometimes it pays off to facehug a heavy tank in it, while other times you have to be a complete and total coward.

I played it with coated optics/rammer/binocs. The gun handling is good enough to not need a vstab, and i spotted where i could, active spotted where i could and did damage where i could. I think i finished the grind with 72% on MOE, and reached 75-77% at some point.

 

Also, keep in mind that with so many lights flooding the MM, a lot of ppl now know where lights go, in the obvious spots and blindfire them.

GL with the t-100 lt, i got mine a few days ago. :)

 

When i watched the vids on YT, and faced them multiple times as opponents, i was amazed by the speed, survivability and agility, so i went to get one myself.

I have to adapt to the push/pull playstyle, it seems i played to many heavies before where i find a corner near the closest enemy and side scrape.^^

 

Hm, i'll try the same equipment, maybe it works better than my current setup.

Yeah, i noticed that certain bushes are death traps, so i avoid them if at all possible.

 

 

 

Thx for all the replys guys, much appreciated! 

Keep 'em coming, and if someone knows why there is a disparity between the numbers on VB addict and RLtm, chim in.

 

 



VarzA #9 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17396 battles
  • 1,030
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

When i watched the vids on YT, and faced them multiple times as opponents, i was amazed by the speed, survivability and agility, so i went to get one myself.

I have to adapt to the push/pull playstyle, it seems i played to many heavies before where i find a corner near the closest enemy and side scrape.^^

 

Hm, i'll try the same equipment, maybe it works better than my current setup.

Yeah, i noticed that certain bushes are death traps, so i avoid them if at all possible.

 

 

 

Thx for all the replys guys, much appreciated! 

Keep 'em coming, and if someone knows why there is a disparity between the numbers on VB addict and RLtm, chim in.

 

 

 

Not sure if the same setup will work for you but i used the same setup from t6 up to t10.

The reason is that if i shoot with it, it's either a snapshot on the move and i get lucky or an aimed shot, and i have enough time to aim. :)

So i maxed out view range to dominate those games, and especially on the move view range.

 

As for sidescraping .... it only works well vs t7's.

Also, T-54 light is an amazing rammer ... don't be afraid of ramming other lights (apart from the t10 chinese light).

As for the gold round .... it is utterly useless, i stopped using gold in both this tank and the 13 90.



IncandescentGerbil #10 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35597 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
I have a 36% WR in t100. I try to play it as a passive scout and 9 times out of ten some heavy with 500m effective view range will spot me; or else the bush camping girls in their TDs will be too dumb to shoot the stuff I light... So I try to play it as a support medium, and realise I would do much better in my obj 140.
I love my American tier VII t71 an do well in it. But as soon as tier X tanks are involved, I'm screwed. With the right maps, and the right meta, I would say the t100 would be great fun. But unless you play a lot in platoons (I never do) I wouldn't recommend it to the average player like me.

Strappster #11 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23536 battles
  • 8,735
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Thx guys, it seems to be way more than the actual numbers on VBaddict, unless these numbers do not represent damage.

 

Yeah, I'm not sure what those numbers are and couldn't find a key. I figured they were damage because 2.3k base xp would be a bit excessive!



NOOBnaKOOB #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 31872 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    07-30-2013

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

 how much damage i'd have to do to get a Ace tanker in the Progetto? Anyone has any figures?

4.4k dmg with some assisted,8 kills gave me ace.

close to 4k dmg,4 kills pure sniping did not,so around those numbers at least for me today.

and then two 0 dmg tier X games-progetto is not a forgiving tank.



catatpillar #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:29 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17780 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

I don't have Progetto, so i will focus on first question, but imo Progetto is waste of time - it's big (easy to be hit), no camo, no armor, nothing special that shines out.

You say you are not a good player and Wargaming suggestion for new players is going with heavy tanks. Having some armor can save your life, sometimes can win close games.

About the light tanks - they are hard to play. I am still learning them, but you have to be pretty good and must switch play styles during the course of the battle. In the current meta it is all about heavy armored tanks, LTs doesn't find many maps to fit in. If you play the french LT line it's best to stay near your target (usually sitting behind the corner or a rock), wait him to shoot, unload your clip, and hide to reload then repeat the action. T-54 ltw probably is best in spots where you can annoy people, a place between yours and enemy team, where you spot your enemies but there is a hole you can hide and your team support with fire from behind (good example is Karelia middle while you have to capture enemy base). But for this you must be familiar with all the map spots. The same playstyle is for tier X at the same tree due to their low flat profile like a pancake.



tank276 #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47758 battles
  • 249
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostJethro_Grey, on 03 May 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

 i was trying to complete the campaign missions for the StuG IV, but than i relaized that i need to do the SPG missions as well to get the tank. Sucks to be me.

 

 

That is not necessarily true Jethro, with the new campaign system, you can give 4 comissions to get mission 15 of the arties, without even touching the previous 14 of them.

Check it out. You earn 1 comission for each mission 15 you accomplish for each class.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users