No reason to play tier 10 anymore. Meh.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Volatile_Squirrel #1 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29380 battles

Patch 1.01 is here. Can you see me being excited? No?

Hope that they will address the problems was, as so many times before, misguided.

I got to lower my expectations. From now on my hope with new patch is that they won't screw up more.

Because with this patch - they did.

Lets buff reward tanks. Why not? Lets make 90% of tech tree tanks - obsolete. Why not? That must be good idea. We make 268-4 and 430U gud so all is k.

Call me silly. Call me stupid. Call me old fashioned. I like my tanks to be on par with opponent's tanks. Not necessarily same, but equal. So when I win or lose, I know it is due to me or them playing good. When one tank is simply BETTER than others it kills the fun. Because I KNOW that one day I will drive my favorite tank into battle and I will do everything right and I will still lose to someone who's brain freezes at the very mention of a word "weakspot" simply due to fact that his tier 10 tank is - better.

And I will get frustrated. And I don't like being frustrated when playing game.

I got my best games on tier 10. Now I get my worst. Mostly.

So bye-bye tier 10. Might pop in now and then, mostly with my arty. But do I have any incentive to to play my favorite tanks (m48. 50B, AMX30b, 50M) in normal games? I do. But I won't. Because I'd soon get disgusted with what wg is doing to my favorite game.

Thanks for reading.

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Should be the summit of the WOT experience. But the irritations are such that mostly when I play tier X these days I take out the FV4005 and simply press the hesh button. Simple, if horribly expensive fun.
Most of the time the tier 9 version of a line is more fun. The FV is a rare exception.

_b_ #3 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

balance been broken for years for some stuff, but lately they do seem to have indeed started sniffing rather copious amounts of glue at the balance dep!

and the time they take to actually do something!?!?! ...almost so you'd think it wasn't pixels but real life actually seriously complicated stuff :/

Derethim #4 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View Post_b_, on 03 May 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

Liked your comment, because I chuckled on the "rather copious ammount of glue", but I also agree...

It's not that the balance isn't complicated, but they just do not want balance at all - they need your money. They need you to grind towards a certain tank, before a new, more powerful one arrives. Do not worry, WG devs are inteligent people, but they are focused on milking the game mostly all the while tiptoeing between a "playable game" and "broken product" in terms of game balance.

Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 29428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVolatile_Squirrel, on 03 May 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

Patch 1.01 is here. Can you see me being excited? No?

Hope that they will address the problems was, as so many times before, misguided.

I got to lower my expectations. From now on my hope with new patch is that they won't screw up more.

Because with this patch - they did.

Lets buff reward tanks. Why not? Lets make 90% of tech tree tanks - obsolete. Why not? That must be good idea. We make 268-4 and 430U gud so all is k.

Call me silly. Call me stupid. Call me old fashioned. I like my tanks to be on par with opponent's tanks. Not necessarily same, but equal. So when I win or lose, I know it is due to me or them playing good. When one tank is simply BETTER than others it kills the fun. Because I KNOW that one day I will drive my favorite tank into battle and I will do everything right and I will still lose to someone who's brain freezes at the very mention of a word "weakspot" simply due to fact that his tier 10 tank is - better.

And I will get frustrated. And I don't like being frustrated when playing game.

I got my best games on tier 10. Now I get my worst. Mostly.

So bye-bye tier 10. Might pop in now and then, mostly with my arty. But do I have any incentive to to play my favorite tanks (m48. 50B, AMX30b, 50M) in normal games? I do. But I won't. Because I'd soon get disgusted with what wg is doing to my favorite game.

Thanks for reading.

Au revoir 28797

Coopsjc21 #6 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8826 battles
^ He didn't say he was quitting the game, he just said he's mostly quitting tier X.

Dorander #7 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18192 battles

I have recently discovered the utter joy that is tier 9. Feels far more balanced, most tank trees have a nice performance boost at their tier 9 model and you don't get the utter silly crap that is driving around at tier 10 these days. They might as well bring the WtAufE100 back at this rate.

Of course you end up seeing tier 10 vehicles sometimes too, but it's only a few and a tier 9 tank isn't totally helpless against a tier 10 anyway. Oddly enough it seems like playing tier 9, I'm more frequently top tier than not.

Warzey #8 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles

@OP

What are you smoking, they made everything worse with this patch? How? There's a new medium tank line that does not power creep everything else into oblivion (from what I've seen).

Buffs to some CW tanks, let's face it, those tanks are trash, I mean if you're going to spend a month playing CW campaign you totally deserve a T10 reward tank that has hard time competing with some T9 tanks. I'll combine my opinion and general opinion to give you the rough power scale on T10. At the top is 268v4, below it is Obj 907, below it is Obj 430U, then you have rest of the regular T10 tanks, then we come to VK7201, after that we have about 50 empty spots and we come to the 121B and M60, then there are more or less 300 empty spots and finally we come to the T95E6. 

Block Quote

So when I win or lose, I know it is due to me or them playing good. When one tank is simply BETTER than others it kills the fun.

What kind of BS is that, "better" and "worse" tanks are just excuses that players use. Truth is that you will lose when the other player forces you into a situation where his tanks is better than your tank and vice versa. 

View PostDorander, on 04 May 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

I have recently discovered the utter joy that is tier 9. Feels far more balanced, most tank trees have a nice performance boost at their tier 9 model and you don't get the utter silly crap that is driving around at tier 10 these days. They might as well bring the WtAufE100 back at this rate.

Of course you end up seeing tier 10 vehicles sometimes too, but it's only a few and a tier 9 tank isn't totally helpless against a tier 10 anyway. Oddly enough it seems like playing tier 9, I'm more frequently top tier than not.

No no no, what you actually meant to say is "It feels very nice to stomp on T8s while still being competitive against T10s". Then again, I can't really blame you, I'd rather do the stomping than be stomped.

Zyme #9 Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1792 battles
Game has been unbalanced between tanks for 7 years. Took you a long time to realize.

shishx_who_is_rosa #10 Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 683 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostWarzey, on 04 May 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

What kind of BS is that, "better" and "worse" tanks are just excuses that players use. Truth is that you will lose when the other player forces you into a situation where his tanks is better than your tank and vice versa. 

You mean like Leopard 1 vs the new Russian 430u? 430u pisses all over Leo and then teabags him. That was just one extreme example but you catch my drift. I mean, there has to be a reason why we only use 2 (Object 907, Bat-Chat rarely) out of 18 (not really sure how many Tier X meds are actually ingame atm) Tier X mediums in CW / SH...

PS: You basically ranked tanks on your "power" scale from best to worst lol.

Edited by shishx_who_is_rosa, 04 May 2018 - 07:20 AM.

SovietBias #11 Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37406 battles

View PostWarzey, on 04 May 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Oh look, it's TVP beats Defender all over again..

Extra points when starting your post by creating a 'Power Scale', justifying buffs for certain vehicles. 

314WTNK #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30119 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
i member the times when a leo1 and e50m were competitive :(

Mimos_A #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Tier 10 balance does feel like an absolute joke at the moment. It's just silly that in some tanks you almost feel guilty pressing battle because the enemy team is likely to get something infinitely better... Of course there will always be tanks that end up being a bit better, suit the meta better or just work better on some maps, but the gaps are way, way too big at the moment.

MattieW #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13673 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

View PostWarzey, on 04 May 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

@OP

What are you smoking, they made everything worse with this patch? How? There's a new medium tank line that does not power creep everything else into oblivion (from what I've seen).

Buffs to some CW tanks, let's face it, those tanks are trash, I mean if you're going to spend a month playing CW campaign you totally deserve a T10 reward tank that has hard time competing with some T9 tanks. I'll combine my opinion and general opinion to give you the rough power scale on T10. At the top is 268v4, below it is Obj 907, below it is Obj 430U, then you have rest of the regular T10 tanks, then we come to VK7201, after that we have about 50 empty spots and we come to the 121B and M60, then there are more or less 300 empty spots and finally we come to the T95E6. 

No no no, what you actually meant to say is "It feels very nice to stomp on T8s while still being competitive against T10s". Then again, I can't really blame you, I'd rather do the stomping than be stomped.

Considering you’re playing all the OP tanks I don’t think you’ve got much of a fair opinion in this matter.  Go play clan wars with an E100 or similar and we can speak again because most players don’t have the time to grind every new OP line that comes out.

catatpillar #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19938 battles

View Postshishx_who_is_rosa, on 04 May 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

You mean like Leopard 1 vs the new Russian 430u? 430u pisses all over Leo and then teabags him. That was just one extreme example but you catch my drift. I mean, there has to be a reason why we only use 2 (Object 907, Bat-Chat rarely) out of 18 (not really sure how many Tier X meds are actually ingame atm) Tier X mediums in CW / SH...

PS: You basically ranked tanks on your "power" scale from best to worst lol.

I will take this one and dig a lil bit deeper, asking @Warzey why if tanks are so balanced in his opinion, people stopped playing some of them? Like the mentioned Leo 1? And why pro teams using only Type 5 Heavies playing Himmelsdorf? Why don't you show us how good you are in your IS-7 against Type 5? Or maybe team of 113s can deal with them... 

doriansky1 #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29104 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

There are pros and cons when talking about playing tier X. Full tier X games are more intense and more competitive. You play against(or together) with the best players. You don't see half of the team going beach on Overlord. You don't see half of the team camping at J0 in Prokhorovka. And so on and so forth.

On the other hand, in 3/5/7 MM it's absolutely retarded to put one Leopard and one Grille15 in one team....and one 907 and one 268v4 in the other team. Regardless of the map, Leopard1 will be forced in a situation where 907 is better. Kappa.

This is not hapenning only at tier X, it's the same thing with Strv103-0 versus T95....eventually Comets and KV-3s will have to deal with that T95.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22178 battles

View PostFAME_skill4ltu, on 04 May 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

i member the times when a leo1 and e50m were competitive :(

Then why do a lot of players still think so highly of and praise both those tanks? I haven't played either and any time I go to finish the grind the mixed bag of comments puts me right off again. So are they good or shite?

shishx_who_is_rosa #18 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 683 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Then why do a lot of players still think so highly of and praise both those tanks? I haven't played either and any time I go to finish the grind the mixed bag of comments puts me right off again. So are they good or shite?

Get the E50M and decide for yourself. After the first ram you're gonna want more and more :]

314WTNK #19 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30119 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View Postdoriansky1, on 04 May 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

There are pros and cons when talking about playing tier X. Full tier X games are more intense and more competitive. You play against(or together) with the best players. You don't see half of the team going beach on Overlord. You don't see half of the team camping at J0 in Prokhorovka. And so on and so forth.

On the other hand, in 3/5/7 MM it's absolutely retarded to put one Leopard and one Grille15 in one team....and one 907 and one 268v4 in the other team. Regardless of the map, Leopard1 will be forced in a situation where 907 is better. Kappa.

This is not hapenning only at tier X, it's the same thing with Strv103-0 versus T95....eventually Comets and KV-3s will have to deal with that T95.

full tX more competitive? maybe u play another game let me know what it is

Sirebellus #20 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19137 battles

View PostDorander, on 04 May 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

It wasn't 'only a few'  during the Progetto marathon, I played 22 consecutive T10 games while grinding a T9 tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users