Italian tech tree review?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SirTogII #1 Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47014 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

Has anybody seen a decent review of the   Italian tech tree? In the past there’s always been some streamer going through the tree and highlighting keepers and dogs and put it on the tube, but I’ve seen nothing like that. Not even a forum post giving hints about where to enter the tree and what to skip. 

Only info so far seems to be that tier 4 is OP and tier 8 a better Progetto. Please enlighten this lost tankerino with your thoughts or links to anything I’ve missed. 

shishx_who_is_rosa #2 Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 670 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Knees weak

Arms sweaty

Moms spaghetti

Dont forgetto

Free progetto

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21441 battles
From what I've seen and heard the tier4 and 6 are pretty good along with the tier9 and 10 with the tier10 being more preferable to the tier9 due to it's mag characteristics makes it more usable and less situationaly vulnerable.  

Simeon85 #4 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

From what I've seen and heard the tier4 and 6 are pretty good along with the tier9 and 10 with the tier10 being more preferable to the tier9 due to it's mag characteristics makes it more usable and less situationaly vulnerable.  

Tier 6 is not good IMO. It's too sluggish for a medium, and the gun through a combination of low pen, poor handling, high pen drop off, bad premium round and terrible shell velocity is poor. 

Jigabachi #5 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Why do you want to spoil all the fun?
Get the tI out and start grinding until you get bored or annoyed and THEN check if other people came to the same conclusion.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21441 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 04 May 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

Tier 6 is not good IMO. It's too sluggish for a medium, and the gun through a combination of low pen, poor handling, high pen drop off, bad premium round and terrible shell velocity is poor. 

Looking at it and from what I've seen I would totally agree with that and it is highly unlikely that I personally would enjoy that tank. It has bad dispersion, poor aim time, meh pen and as you say, which would be most intolerable for my playstyle, it has bad shell velocity so it appears to be an up in your face type of tank which I really don't dig where possible. I am not sure in what context those opinions of the tier 4, 6, 9 and 10 were given and maybe it was a case of those tanks are the best of bad bunch. In other words the other Italian tiers tanks are poor and those ones are better, but maybe not meant as those tanks are great tanks lol

PauI #7 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25116 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 04 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Only info so far seems to be that tier 4 is OP and tier 8 a better Progetto.

pantera p44 is not a better progetto, i play it a lot on test server and progetto is better all day every day, tho pantera is ok, i did not liked tier9 and tier10 as much as skoda t50 and tvp

i decided not to spend my 110k free xp as my cz look better, maybe my free xp will go on the polish

Simeon85 #8 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Looking at it and from what I've seen I would totally agree with that and it is highly unlikely that I personally would enjoy that tank. It has bad dispersion, poor aim time, meh pen and as you say, which would be most intolerable for my playstyle, it has bad shell velocity so it appears to be an up in your face type of tank which I really don't dig where possible. I am not sure in what context those opinions of the tier 4, 6, 9 and 10 were given and maybe it was a case of those tanks are the best of bad bunch. In other words the other Italian tiers tanks are poor and those ones are better, but maybe not meant as those tanks are great tanks lol

Tier 8, 9, 10 look ok, not amazing but decent.

People are saying the tier 8 is as good as the premium and that is decent for a tier 8 medium.  The 9 and 10 are very mobile and have the clip potential and flexibility so should be fun tanks even if they aren't going to be super strong or 'meta' tanks

signal11th #9 Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36415 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
basically from what I've heard is the tier 8 is ok and the rest are pretty meh.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21441 battles

I think WG devs got it a little bit wrong and missed a chance to perhaps bait players into this Italian line a bit better. That's just my opinion of course. Lets be honest here, just like the Swedish siege mode TD line, it's the semi-autoloader that players are going to be most interested in getting and just like the Swedish TD line, anything before tier8 is kind of... whatever, meh.

Take a look at the tier6 Czech Skoda T25 for example and I guess this is my point, that is a 3 shell AL, very unique and an interesting mid tier tank to work towards, break up the grindy feeling and gives players an opportunity to experience and cut their teeth on a 3 mag Al that will tie in with the tier9 later on etc. Why could WG not do this with the Italian line too? Surely they could have added a tier6 2 or 3 shell mag semi-AL to give players something to work towards, break up the rinse and repeat grindy feel, offer something new at tier6 including a similar premium option and just make that tier1-7 have something interesting in it... I don't understand this way of thinking.

Condono #11 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

I think WG devs got it a little bit wrong and missed a chance to perhaps bait players into this Italian line a bit better. That's just my opinion of course. Lets be honest here, just like the Swedish siege mode TD line, it's the semi-autoloader that players are going to be most interested in getting and just like the Swedish TD line, anything before tier8 is kind of... whatever, meh.

Take a look at the tier6 Czech Skoda T25 for example and I guess this is my point, that is a 3 shell AL, very unique and an interesting mid tier tank to work towards, break up the grindy feeling and gives players an opportunity to experience and cut their teeth on a 3 mag Al that will tie in with the tier9 later on etc. Why could WG not do this with the Italian line too? Surely they could have added a tier6 2 or 3 shell mag semi-AL to give players something to work towards, break up the rinse and repeat grindy feel, offer something new at tier6 including a similar premium option and just make that tier1-7 have something interesting in it... I don't understand this way of thinking.

That's one of the reasons why I pretty much quit at tier4... not much interesting until you get to tier 8.

Dorander #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 04 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Why do you want to spoil all the fun?
Get the tI out and start grinding until you get bored or annoyed and THEN check if other people came to the same conclusion.

And ruin one's winrate and WN8 in the name of fun?? In an online game like this??? HEATHEN!

SirTogII #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47014 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
Thanks for your replies. As for grinding every tank, it gets a bit too expensive re-training crew with gold just to find out the tank is garbage. WN8 is completely irrelevant as I’ve got too many matches for anything to move it significantly up or down even if I cared.
I opted for tier 6 as entry, which feels like a slow, poor mans Leo. Will get the tier 4 as a crew trainer for an additional crew I reckon.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21441 battles

View PostCondono, on 04 May 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

That's one of the reasons why I pretty much quit at tier4... not much interesting until you get to tier 8.

and they even all kinda look the same don't they lol... at least the pre tier8 Swedish TDs were interesting looking, particularly that tier6 box, what a funky looking pencil sharpener that is, and was a fun TD to grind through.

Frostilicus #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22427 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostSirTogII, on 04 May 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Thanks for your replies. As for grinding every tank, it gets a bit too expensive re-training crew with gold just to find out the tank is garbage. WN8 is completely irrelevant as I’ve got too many matches for anything to move it significantly up or down even if I cared.
I opted for tier 6 as entry, which feels like a slow, poor mans Leo. Will get the tier 4 as a crew trainer for an additional crew I reckon.

I'd suggest tier 5, as the crews before this have Radio Operator, Tier 5 onwards don't...

Rooikat_ZA #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6404 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F

View PostSirTogII, on 04 May 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

Has anybody seen a decent review of the   Italian tech tree? In the past there’s always been some streamer going through the tree and highlighting keepers and dogs and put it on the tube, but I’ve seen nothing like that. Not even a forum post giving hints about where to enter the tree and what to skip. 

Only info so far seems to be that tier 4 is OP and tier 8 a better Progetto. Please enlighten this lost tankerino with your thoughts or links to anything I’ve missed. 

Quickbaby is already on tier 8, as watching last night on Twitch, but I'd keep an eye out for WOT Guru, Cody Menz

Balc0ra #17 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65898 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Tier 6 is the worst. Mobility alone kills it. You do 40 to 44 on most surfaces. And then you turn to go up a small slope... 14 to 18 suddenly. And it keeps that speed on every hill. So going center road on Glacier is suicide. And once you get on a flat surface again, it takes ages to get up to speed. Even a T26E4 raced past me on one map. It's not even a medium heavy in terms of mobility. Gun is good, but not great. alpha vs reload is good, so you can give the T-34-85 or Cromwell's a run for their money trading. Pen is lacking tho, so it can screw you over on low rolls more then the others. Camo is the best part about it, but unlike the Cromwell, you lack mobility to use it well for spotting etc.

I saw Skill playing tier 1 to 5 last night. Tier 1 to 3 was "meh". And he thought tier 4 was broken with HE. But it only works when top tier for the most part. But he loved the tier 5 and the mobility it had vs gun etc.

SirTogII #18 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47014 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostFrostilicus, on 04 May 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

I'd suggest tier 5, as the crews before this have Radio Operator, Tier 5 onwards don't...

Ah, useful info, didn’t realise

Gardar7 #19 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22852 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 May 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

I would change anytime that tier 6 autoloader for a tier 8 autoloader or at least for a decent tier 8 CZ medium. 

As the longest grinds are tier 8-9 I think those tiers should be the best. The lower tiers are much shorter, so I don't care if they are just "meh".

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSimeon85, on 04 May 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Because all tanks from tier 4 and above are actually heavy tanks. WG probably just classified them as mediums so players don't have to retrain their crews again and again. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users