What i find disgusting about the state of the game

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Argedeava #1 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28923 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

1. The not-so-smart lies sustained with the impression noone can figure it, like:

- "There is a game balance" while in reality there`s a balance dictated by sale rules which in fact make a mockery of the proper balance a game should have.

- Every new tank brings "new and innovative gamplay with particular play-style", while in fact many ar simply overpowered models designed to penetrate wallets. This propaganda is sustained by the same streamers, which one of them took him 2 episodes to conclude that OBJ 268 4 is "definitely overpovered becouse reverse speed it`s 20 kmph instead of 18 kmph". I can clearly remember how an ex streamer had to face legal action by WG for beying too opinionated.

- "The game exists becouse players pay". That`s another lie. The game exists becouse a person had the bright ideea. And the game existed before any payment.

- "Soft stats" That`s a cover-up to lie about the fact that there are 3rd degree stats not available to anyone and subject for free modification by WG. That`s not a problem in itself is just a measure by WG to ensure sales-balance.

2. This forum state which is filled with a team of trolls insulting anyone with an oppinion and deconstructing any thread with spam and typo insults which are led by a moderator banning anything they can`t handle for" not beying constructive".

This is designed do weaken the community in order for the sales department to have it`s ways.

I think that the actual balance team of WG has the not very glorious task to apease two things which is impossible. Just like balacing the game with both standard and premium ammo.

Dorander #2 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles
:popcorn:

wsatnutter #3 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24457 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

What a load of tosh OP 

Absolute nonsense 

DuncaN_101 #4 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52770 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Well that escalated quickly

Kozzy #5 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
The strangest thing about this game, something I see so rarely in other games, is when someone pours hate on the game/developers/players but then CHOOSES to keep playing it - over and over...

Geno1isme #6 Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41477 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
The tinfoil is strong in this one.

Flavortown #7 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16141 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostArgedeava, on 04 May 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

2. This forum state which is filled with a team of trolls insulting anyone with an oppinion and deconstructing any thread with spam and typo insults which are led by a moderator banning anything they can`t handle for" not beying constructive".

Sick typo my dude :B

OIias_of_Sunhillow #8 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24133 battles

View PostArgedeava, on 04 May 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

2. This forum state which is filled with a team of trolls insulting anyone with an oppinion and deconstructing any thread with spam

Because others have a different opinion to yours, does not automatically make them, 'trolls'.

I see a lot of this, on various sites. People who have different opinions being called anything from 'trolls' to 'nazis', and beyond.

If you cannot handle somebody having a different opinion to yours, may I suggest you move to a desert island.

Rooikat_ZA #9 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5826 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F

Well said...

As predicted, the usual 'formites' have tried de-constructing opinions with senseless banter, I particularly enjoyed the attack at the typo you made, shame the poor dude was running low on ammunition there...like nobody makes a typo.

On the other hand, the idea for WOT was spawned with the obvious intention of making money. These guys need to get paid at the end of the day. 

We all know you'll keep playing AND enjoy it, why, because it's a really good game

So stop frikkin whining

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20744 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 04 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

If you cannot handle somebody having a different opinion to yours, may I suggest you move to a desert island.

Island folk don't differ in their opinions same as land bound folk? Who'da thunk it! This forum is edumicationalz

Jigabachi #11 Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
[Insert spam and typo insults.]

Consett_Steel #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17327 battles

TLDR?

1: I have a variety of mainly unsubstantiated allegations

2: Those who rubbish it are in the pay of WG

GG

Strappster #13 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1. The not-so-smart lies sustained with the impression noone can figure it, like:

- "There is a game balance" while in reality there`s a balance dictated by sale rules which in fact make a mockery of the proper balance a game should have.

- Every new tank brings "new and innovative gamplay with particular play-style", while in fact many ar simply overpowered models designed to penetrate wallets. This propaganda is sustained by the same streamers, which one of them took him 2 episodes to conclude that OBJ 268 4 is "definitely overpovered becouse reverse speed it`s 20 kmph instead of 18 kmph".

I agree that balance is impacted by rotation of buffs and nerfs and I've made that point since I first joined this forum. It always seems to be ignored in favour of calling me a shill, however, because I'm not disgusted by it and understand the business reasons behind it. C'est le forum.

I can clearly remember how an ex streamer had to face legal action by WG for beying too opinionated.

If you can clearly remember it, maybe you could provide more details? The only incident I remember is Foch being threatened with copyright strikes which isn't legal action, it's a YouTube complaint procedure. I'd be interested in knowing more.

- "The game exists becouse players pay". That`s another lie. The game exists becouse a person had the bright ideea. And the game existed before any payment.

That's a pretty big stretch, it's like saying the internet only exists because Tim Berners-Lee had an idea and ignoring all the infrastructure that enables it. Yes, the game only exists because someone thought of it but servers, bandwidth, employees, even this forum cost money. Or do you think that all that stuff is provided for free because you've never had to pay a bill?

- "Soft stats" That`s a cover-up to lie about the fact that there are 3rd degree stats not available to anyone and subject for free modification by WG. That`s not a problem in itself is just a measure by WG to ensure sales-balance.

I agree that there are stats in the game which aren't displayed in the client but that's about it. You can see the soft stats in Tank Inspector and on sites like tanks.gg. Personally I'd like to see all that information in the client but there's already plenty of confusion over what certain numbers mean so I can understand why WG are reluctant. Maybe include them in the client but they're only accessible once you agree to spend a little time learning what they mean and what effect they have before spamming complaints?

2. This forum state which is filled with a team of trolls insulting anyone with an oppinion ...

Hiya! :girl:

Although I think you'll find that we're the ones who aren't allowed to have an opinion because sometimes we agree with WG. Imagine putting in the effort to do a little extra reading on a subject and constructing a balanced post that's open for critical analysis and discussion only to have it dismissed because, "ur a WG shill trollbot lolz". Honestly, it's exhausting and yet here we are again.

... and deconstructing any thread with spam and typo insults which are led by a moderator banning anything they can`t handle for" not beying constructive".

Admittedly I've deconstructed your post here because you've made multiple points and I'm trying to make it clear which ones I'm replying to instead of vomiting a pile of comments into a single post and then insulting you for not being able to pick out which comments relate to which of your points. It's purely to reduce confusion yet, once again, it's unappreciated.

This is designed do weaken the community in order for the sales department to have it`s ways.

Um ... what? :confused:

Do you seriously think that replying to a forum post influences someone else's decision on how to spend their money? Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do by complaining about it? Why can't we treat people as individuals and assume that they're making their own decisions on what they do with their money? Why do we have to default to thinking that everyone reading this is an easily led fool?

Sorry, everyone except you. You're the only one who knows the truth, of course. :rolleyes:

I think that the actual balance team of WG has the not very glorious task to apease two things which is impossible. Just like balacing the game with both standard and premium ammo.

I agree that balancing the game is difficult, which makes it all the more baffling why so many posters on this forum assume they can do a better job of it.

malachi6 #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49274 battles

Is this coded message?  I have ran it through several algorithms and I have yet to find a message hidden within the OP's post.  I was expecting something along the lines of "Help me, WG has kidnapped me and is forcing me to play the game and spend money".  The only message I have found thus far is the rather obvious.  "I am an intelligent person capable of making an informed decision.  But I find it much easier to continue playing, paying and complaining, than to go find another game".

The amount of vitriol this game generates amazes me.  When Eve Online made it's game play completely about pvp Me and most of my corp mates quit.  We made no announcement had no procession we just went our ways and found games more to our liking.  If this game stops entertaining me then I will also quit.

Argedeava #15 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28923 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

View PostStrappster, on 04 May 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

I agree that balancing the game is difficult, which makes it all the more baffling why so many posters on this forum assume they can do a better job of it.

I`m too lazy to do more as i`ve seen the sameish replies by sameish posters 1 year or 2 years ago. So i`ll just answer this last one.

I haven`t said balancing is difficult. It is not. Gamewise balancing.

I said is impossible! And i ment simultaeously balancing the game gameplay-wise and sales-wise.

You just missed the point.

Ex: Tiger 1, Tiger 2 and other famous tanks are underpowered while no-names like chinesse copies from russian tree are overpowered to compensate for their lack of popularity. Or the lack of "new and unique gameplay style".

Strappster #16 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArgedeava, on 04 May 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

I`m too lazy to do more as i`ve seen the sameish replies by sameish posters 1 year or 2 years ago. So i`ll just answer this last one.

I haven`t said balancing is difficult. It is not. Gamewise balancing.

I said is impossible! And i ment simultaeously balancing the game gameplay-wise and sales-wise.

You just missed the point.

:facepalm:

Yes, you're lazy. You're so lazy that you've assumed you understand everything while not affording the same generosity to anyone else. When I say that balancing the game is difficult, I'm including economic factors. That's obvious from the context that you're too lazy to recognise when I talked about infrastructure costs.

I agree that it's much simpler to dismiss counter-points to your arguments by ignoring them but you risk making your own comments irrelevant and yourself seem ignorant when you do so.

View PostArgedeava, on 04 May 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Ex: Tiger 1, Tiger 2 and other famous tanks are underpowered while no-names like chinesse copies from russian tree are overpowered to compensate for their lack of popularity. Or the lack of "new and unique gameplay style".

"Here's an example that doesn't show anything except that I like to think I'm clever" :rolleyes:

Tiger I and II seem under powered because they're WWII-era tanks fighting against late-war and post-war tank designs because of the tier system and the lack of immediate post-war designs coming out of Germany. There's a pretty good reason for that if you care to give it a moment's thought, assuming you're not too lazy.

Tiger I is an absolute beast when it's top tier (i.e. fighting the sort of tanks it used to dominate) thanks to its DPM and the imaginary long 88mm gun. It's not so good when it's not top tier because, surprise, it's got flat armour and a poorly-placed turret. It's as though later designs were developed from it and rectified areas that were found to be wanting.

As for Chinese tanks being over-powered, which ones are you referring to? The TDs are pretty good despite being fictional but most of the lines suffer from poor accuracy, long aim times and limited gun depression. The 5A is doing pretty well right now in the hands of the good players who already had the 113 but I expect that to drop in popularity as scrubs like me finally get their hands on them and start lowering all the requirements for acing it and earning MoE.

And here we are again, where I've put some thought into a response that you'll dismiss because you're too lazy to read it and the same points have been made before. Guess what - all your whining has been posted before too. You haven't touched on anything new, you haven't made any startling insights, you're simply another forum troll who only hears their own points echoed back at them and you're worth about as much consideration as the rest of them.

Have a nice day.

Argedeava #17 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28923 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

View PostStrappster, on 04 May 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Yes, you're lazy. You're so lazy that you've assumed you understand everything while not affording the same generosity to anyone else. When I say that balancing the game is difficult, I'm including economic factors. That's obvious from the context that you're too lazy to recognise when I talked about infrastructure costs.

I agree that it's much simpler to dismiss counter-points to your arguments by ignoring them but you risk making your own comments irrelevant and yourself seem ignorant when you do so.

"Here's an example that doesn't show anything except that I like to think I'm clever" :rolleyes:

Tiger I and II seem under powered because they're WWII-era tanks fighting against late-war and post-war tank designs because of the tier system and the lack of immediate post-war designs coming out of Germany. There's a pretty good reason for that if you care to give it a moment's thought, assuming you're not too lazy.

Tiger I is an absolute beast when it's top tier (i.e. fighting the sort of tanks it used to dominate) thanks to its DPM and the imaginary long 88mm gun. It's not so good when it's not top tier because, surprise, it's got flat armour and a poorly-placed turret. It's as though later designs were developed from it and rectified areas that were found to be wanting.

As for Chinese tanks being over-powered, which ones are you referring to? The TDs are pretty good despite being fictional but most of the lines suffer from poor accuracy, long aim times and limited gun depression. The 5A is doing pretty well right now in the hands of the good players who already had the 113 but I expect that to drop in popularity as scrubs like me finally get their hands on them and start lowering all the requirements for acing it and earning MoE.

And here we are again, where I've put some thought into a response that you'll dismiss because you're too lazy to read it and the same points have been made before. Guess what - all your whining has been posted before too. You haven't touched on anything new, you haven't made any startling insights, you're simply another forum troll who only hears their own points echoed back at them and you're worth about as much consideration as the rest of them.

Have a nice day.

A lie hidden in many words is ..a lie.

PS. The OP is not an attempt to prove anything. I`ve proved my point last time i was banned. It is my feedback for everyone to do anything they see fit with it. It is not my fault that the trolls got stuck in hi-hi//argueing mode.

Edited by Argedeava, 04 May 2018 - 02:35 PM.

Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKozzy, on 04 May 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

The strangest thing about this game, something I see so rarely in other games, is when someone pours hate on the game/developers/players but then CHOOSES to keep playing it - over and over...

ikr???

RockyRoller #19 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29995 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
and those same trolls do it ingame too. spam map to false accuse you of some unknown thing, then other trolls start shooting or raming you.

Kozzy #20 Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostEnforcer1975, on 04 May 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

ikr???

It's worse than that!  These people can see the thing that makes them angry/sad, they even comment on it to other people.  They THEN go on to play over and over, knowing full well that the game makes them feel like this.

I think I would give insane people more credit.  The attitude mentioned above more closely describes idiocy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users