• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FreshF #1 Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [M4] M4

Hey guys,

I saw many guys complaining about the swedish heavy line from t7 upwards...

So I wanted to ask you: Do you think playing the line is worth at all ? I'm thinking about  starting the grind.

GL&HF

Quintuss #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29494 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

not unless you want every tank researched.

The tier 6 and 7 Meds are a tad special, but i found both rather compfortable to play.

Emil 1 is absymal  when stock, and even fully kitted out suffering from being plain useless. As toptier it doesn't have the means to push (as showing the hull/side lets any tier 6 beat you), as bottom tier your gun just lacks both pen AND gunhandling to face heavys or armoured meds effectively.

Emil 2 and Kranvagen i only tried on the Testserver but the likewise suffer from being 1-trick ponys: if they can stay hulldown AND don't get HEed they are decent....  but frankly: a super-conqueror has an even better turret (+ better hull) and brings a great gun with decent DPM instead of the near-useless auto-loader swedisch ones get.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Nowadays, the Swedish tech tree, both the tier 10, are a joke. I don't think any other newly introduced line got almost obsolete so fast as the Swedes. Swedish heavies are very bad so steer clear and save your time/money grinding something viable. Funny thing as i remember the highlight of the Swedish heavy line was the tier 6 medium! :)

kaneloon #4 Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29644 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

Emil I was ok in FL battles, it has mobility and ok burst, but you sure cant 1v1 a defender.

Emil II is very hard to play even top tiers.

I am about to unlock the Kranvagn but I don t think I will buy it.

I will downgrade the girls on the tiers VII which was fun.

Dalkian #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10504 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
The Emil II is the highlight of the heavies, it's a great tank.
I would imagen it's a tank you either like or hate, i've fallen in love with it and have managed a respectable 70% winration over 33 games so far.
The gun handling on the Emil I made me wanna throw up, but it can do some serious work.
If you want a autoloading heavy then the Emil II would be worth the grind.

slowcow #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21615 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

This t8+ heavy line doesen't fit in nowdays WoT. Games are too fast-paced yolo fests to really have an impact on the battlefield. 

30-40 sec reloads are absolutly atrocious and it doesen't help that the interclip reload is a whopping 3-3,3 sec. People just aren't afraid of these tanks and take advantage of the incredibly long reload. Hull down is nice but you can only hull down for so long in a battle- rest of the time you're a fish on dry land. Even hull down is tricky as everyone just loads HE and you're forced to back down with your tail between your legs.

The gun handling on Emil II is one of the absolute worst I've ever experienced. Shells live their own life and even best fully aimed shots end up at different postcode. In short: they don't fit the meta anymore. They are way too situational and frankly there are ALOT of other tanks that can do their job better and don't rely on situations *KHMeveryrussiantankKHM*

Giving Emil II and Krankthatwagen a 25 sec reload and 2,5 interclip reload much like the 50B has would help the tank a ton. Maybe boost that aim time, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users