Jump to content


Do something for this aimbot invasion


  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Bigtime_Alarm #41 Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18016 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 05 May 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

 

Why don't you take a break from the game, learn how it works and then come back when you actually have a clue what you're talking about.

There are 15 people on the enemy team, and you are a single person.

Logic (I know you lack it but i'll explain anyway) dictates that there is OBVIOUSLY a higher chance you will be on the  receiving end of "good luck" more than you dish it out. This chance increases the more games you bot play. Over 100 battles you have been 100 vs 1,500.

 

 

 

There  is a flaw in your argument. There are 15 guys in my team too, so each one of them should be the victim of a lucky shot just as often as I am. In a 15 v 15 match the chances of receiving a lucky shot should be the same as giving one. Just as for a one v one match or 10 v 10 or any even sides.

 

So maybe you should take a break and learn how probability and simple logic works before returning to insult people some more?



Sfinski #42 Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31349 battles
  • 2,505
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

There  is a flaw in your argument. There are 15 guys in my team too, so each one of them should be the victim of a lucky shot just as often as I am. In a 15 v 15 match the chances of receiving a lucky shot should be the same as giving one. Just as for a one v one match or 10 v 10 or any even sides.

 

So maybe you should take a break and learn how probability and simple logic works before returning to insult people some more?

 

Having equal chances doesn't mean it happens equal amount of times in a game...  Maybe you should learn how probability works...

RamRaid90 #43 Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21044 battles
  • 6,337
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

 

There  is a flaw in your argument. There are 15 guys in my team too, so each one of them should be the victim of a lucky shot just as often as I am. In a 15 v 15 match the chances of receiving a lucky shot should be the same as giving one. Just as for a one v one match or 10 v 10 or any even sides.

 

So maybe you should take a break and learn how probability and simple logic works before returning to insult people some more?

 

There is no flaw.

You don't receive damage from allies (often) so they are discounted automatically from being included into the probability. There are 15 enemy tanks shooting at you, so in each battle there are 15 potential "lucky" players wanted to shoot you. The same is true for every other player in that battle. I know you'll find it difficult to wrap your head around how this works, but just try to understand.

 

Think of it like this:

 

30 people stand in a circle, each with a loaded gun, all with a pre-selected target in mind.

You can only shoot one person, however there are 29 other people who may or may not have selected you.

From the point of view of the other 29 people, the odds for each one of them being shot by you is low.

From your point of view, the odds on being shot by one of the other 29 is very high.

 

Looking through your stats in most of your tanks i'd say most of your "luck" is self made anyway.


Edited by RamRaid90, 05 May 2018 - 03:44 PM.


Balc0ra #44 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65764 battles
  • 16,002
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
So on patch day, ppl did not hit you at all. And now they hit you again. Thus aim bot is the only logical conclusion. Most solid evidence of aim bot usage so far. 

unhappy_bunny #45 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17997 battles
  • 2,553
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

You missed the point - the perception is that luck is one sided. The 'other guy' gets lucky way more often than he has a right to, compared to me. Is this because he has4 leaf clover sarnies for tea every day or because RNG hates me or.because .........

 

And there you have it. It is your perception.

Now if every "other guy" gets lucky everytime they shoot at you, and you never get lucky with your shots, then paranoia is acceptable. 

However, there is a problem with perception. You may percieve that you are always on the recieving end of lucky shots, and you may then only concentrate of those shots against you. You may then miss all the unlucky shots that come your way and miss or bounce, and you may also miss seeing your lucky shots that hit, pen or whatever, seeing only your shots that miss or bounce. 



Bigtime_Alarm #46 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18016 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 05 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

There is no flaw.

You don't receive damage from allies (often) so they are discounted automatically from being included into the probability. There are 15 enemy tanks shooting at you, so in each battle there are 15 potential "lucky" players wanted to shoot you. The same is true for every other player in that battle. I know you'll find it difficult to wrap your head around how this works, but just try to understand.

 

Think of it like this:

 

30 people stand in a circle, each with a loaded gun, all with a pre-selected target in mind.

You can only shoot one person, however there are 29 other people who may or may not have selected you.

From the point of view of the other 29 people, the odds for each one of them being shot by you is low.

From your point of view, the odds on being shot by one of the other 29 is very high.

 

Looking through your stats in most of your tanks i'd say most of your "luck" is self made anyway.

 

There is not just me being shot at. There are 15 guys on my team too. Why would every one of the other team's lucky shots hit me and not the other 14 guys? And thanks for falling back to insults when thinking doesn't help you.

trrprrprr #47 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23634 battles
  • 320
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
Still wondering, how this aimbot helps in this game? Maby for a truly *edit person, who doesnt have fingers or something....plus we already have ingame aimbot.... Would really like to see this wot aimbot in action and how does ir enhance a normal persons aim/preventing from RNGgarbage to decide where shell will land?     I rememmber good old times of CS, where we had a very nice reaction and did multiple headshots in a row, ending battle with 30+ to 0 deaths, there alwats was one *edit   with 0/40 who call us cheaters :)  Yet, aimbot in CS just was nuts...but in wot....again...what *edit has to be to use it in wot(if there is even one made)

Edited by Jbnn, 06 May 2018 - 08:05 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


J00F #48 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13021 battles
  • 1,381
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    09-26-2012
Tundra is a bigger problem than people with aimbot.

Edited by J00F, 05 May 2018 - 04:17 PM.


Bigtime_Alarm #49 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18016 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 May 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

 

And there you have it. It is your perception.

Now if every "other guy" gets lucky everytime they shoot at you, and you never get lucky with your shots, then paranoia is acceptable. 

However, there is a problem with perception. You may percieve that you are always on the recieving end of lucky shots, and you may then only concentrate of those shots against you. You may then miss all the unlucky shots that come your way and miss or bounce, and you may also miss seeing your lucky shots that hit, pen or whatever, seeing only your shots that miss or bounce. 

 

Or my perception is correct and luck is not as evenly distributed as it should be. I perceive a lot of shells hitting me and a lot of mine missing, I do not perceive a lot of times that a gun facing me goes off and I don't get hit, even when I wait for the aim circle to shrink and the other patently didn't have time to have done that. I perceive tanks jigging backwards and forwards and shooting without stopping and it having no noticeable effect on their ability to hit tracks or ammo or both every shot. I cannot do that, If i move my aim circle grows and a fair percentage of the shots go nowhere near where my gun is aimed, this isn't my skill or ability it is a fixed part of game mechanics for me, but apparently not for everyone.



Cossu2 #50 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26859 battles
  • 75
  • [T6L] T6L
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
https://www.youtube....h?v=IhrV-aFSn6E

Mimos_A #51 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23225 battles
  • 1,941
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

 

Or my perception is correct and luck is not as evenly distributed as it should be. I perceive a lot of shells hitting me and a lot of mine missing, I do not perceive a lot of times that a gun facing me goes off and I don't get hit, even when I wait for the aim circle to shrink and the other patently didn't have time to have done that. I perceive tanks jigging backwards and forwards and shooting without stopping and it having no noticeable effect on their ability to hit tracks or ammo or both every shot. I cannot do that, If i move my aim circle grows and a fair percentage of the shots go nowhere near where my gun is aimed, this isn't my skill or ability it is a fixed part of game mechanics for me, but apparently not for everyone.

 

The beautiful thing about your perception is that it's not worth anything without any supporting evidence.

 

And if you perceive a lot of shells hitting you, the first thing you need to start focusing on is being in a position where you get shot at a lot less. Also, your hitrate is ridiculously low, so your perceived difference probably has to do with your own terrible aim.

 

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

 

There is not just me being shot at. There are 15 guys on my team too. Why would every one of the other team's lucky shots hit me and not the other 14 guys? And thanks for falling back to insults when thinking doesn't help you.

 

And you are constantly perfectly aware of where, when and how your teammates get shot? And how many shots of the enemy have sprayed the area around them before one hits?
 

unhappy_bunny #52 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17997 battles
  • 2,553
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostCossu2, on 05 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

Yes, and your point is?

Cossu2 #53 Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26859 battles
  • 75
  • [T6L] T6L
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 May 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

 

Yes, and your point is?

 

Someone ask what it do.
 

So what it do is:

 

You can see enemy thru walls and hills.

You see where enemy aims.

You see where you are able to shot.

You see when enemy is able to shot you.

Aim autolock to enemy you can shoot.

You see how long enemy reloads.

Aim leans to enemy speed.

Autoaim to enemy weakspot / weakest part.

Shows when ammo can penetrate

On manual aim bushes disappear

On manual aim you see weakspots and thickness.

etc....


 

BKatt #54 Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32391 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

View PostCossu2, on 04 May 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

And again one crapstorm from basic problem of game.

 

Problem is how easy is to install those bots. Just type aimbot to google and there you go. No one will ever know... Except you are one of those 600 who put their replay to net.

Lets say there is thousands of bots in use just now...

 

Yes another crapstorm, from basic problem og game.

 

Let me try to clarify the "problem" for you; YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

99.9% of those magical hax of doom players are people understanding the game mechanics far better than you, and to you it might seem like cheat. Because you heard some other bob cry hax, aimbot and wallhack, simply dosnt make it fact.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #55 Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28400 battles
  • 2,147
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
That's nice, do you have an example that isn't two years out of date? You say the servers are full of cheaters right now so, show us a recent example.

RamRaid90 #56 Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21044 battles
  • 6,337
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

 

There is not just me being shot at. There are 15 guys on my team too. Why would every one of the other team's lucky shots hit me and not the other 14 guys? And thanks for falling back to insults when thinking doesn't help you.

 

You are entirely missing the point and, as for insulting you, I don't need to.

 

It is not an insult to say you play badly, perhaps the reason you receive more "lucky" hits than you dish out is because you simply don't do enough in battle.



Dorander #57 Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 2,472
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 05 May 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

Or my perception is correct and luck is not as evenly distributed as it should be. I perceive a lot of shells hitting me and a lot of mine missing, I do not perceive a lot of times that a gun facing me goes off and I don't get hit, even when I wait for the aim circle to shrink and the other patently didn't have time to have done that. I perceive tanks jigging backwards and forwards and shooting without stopping and it having no noticeable effect on their ability to hit tracks or ammo or both every shot. I cannot do that, If i move my aim circle grows and a fair percentage of the shots go nowhere near where my gun is aimed, this isn't my skill or ability it is a fixed part of game mechanics for me, but apparently not for everyone.

 

You are aware that different tanks have different accuracy values, different dispersion values for rotating their turret, different dispersion values for moving, and that guns have different aim times, right? Plus the effect of crew skills on some of these things... it's entirely possible that you can't do it because of the tank you are driving and/or bad crew, or not having installed a v-stab or even an EGLD, or having crewmembers without skills for dispersion reduction for moving/turret turning.

 

This is starting to sound not so much like luck but about actual mechanics.



HundeWurst #58 Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 68648 battles
  • 4,305
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

This makes me wonder... Why do people even bother to talk to the stupid part of the world.

 

I like it more to just ignore them entirely.



OreH75 #59 Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47336 battles
  • 2,082
  • [RANGR] RANGR
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View PostCossu2, on 05 May 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

So what it do is:

 

You can see enemy thru walls and hills.  -> ok,  you can "see" them but only if they are spotted and you can not  shoot them

You see where enemy aims.   -> True, imho should be classified as illegal but WG thinks its ok. Only usefull for tanks far away.

You see where you are able to shot.  -> No mode needed for that

You see when enemy is able to shot you.  -> If you get hit, you can get shot..again no mod needed

Aim autolock to enemy you can shoot.    -> default ingame autoaim works as well

You see how long enemy reloads.  -> Can be usefull but since its illegal its already bannable.

Aim leans to enemy speed.  -> Only usefull for idiots, skilled players can do that by themself

Autoaim to enemy weakspot / weakest part.  -> Aim ok, but that does not mean it will hit or penetrate

Shows when ammo can penetrate   -> defeault armor indicator availaible in vanilla client, no mod needed

On manual aim bushes disappear   -> Who cares, They don not disappear on my screen, only usefull for idiots again.

On manual aim you see weakspots and thickness.  -> Ingame armour viewer, also already on the banlist..

etc....

So, even if some mods can give idiots an advantage they will never be good/great players because they simple lack the "map-awareness" skill that can not be replaced by a mod.

 

edit..using all cheats available but did not turn "off" grass in sniper mode..something that is actually useful and default in the game..the irony.


Edited by OreH75, 05 May 2018 - 10:29 PM.


Bigtime_Alarm #60 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18016 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 05 May 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

 

The beautiful thing about your perception is that it's not worth anything without any supporting evidence.

 

And if you perceive a lot of shells hitting you, the first thing you need to start focusing on is being in a position where you get shot at a lot less. Also, your hitrate is ridiculously low, so your perceived difference probably has to do with your own terrible aim.

 

The usual forum argument, your stats are bad, therefore everything you say or think or do is wrong. 

 

Of course it is all my fault, because I allow RNG to affect my shots as well as being a human and sometimes not aiming like a perfect automaton.  Or your helpful stat that my hitrate is low could suggest that I am exactly as unlucky with where my shells actually go as my perception suggested all along.

 

Thanks also for the advice to 'position myself where I won't get hit' which means that clearly you think I somehow attract shells into my tank by driving into the wrong places, even when mostly I use exactly the same locations as everyone else usually does.

 

 


Edited by Bigtime_Alarm, 06 May 2018 - 02:01 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users