New worst map in the game

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

BP_OMowe #61 Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Not sure why they chose to call it "Province", as it has very little in common with the old map, but I must admit Wg has a sense of humour as the file-name is "_campania_big".

Only played it once, but from what little I saw, there are a lot more room to manoeuvre than the old map. Certainly takes more team-work to take advantage of the cover, but should be possible nce the players learn how to do.

http://wotreplays.eu...mowe-strv_103-0

Simeon85 #62 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 07 May 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Its not a corridor map?

It sure as hell looks like a whole lot of corridors....

Corridor maps don't have as much cross fire as Province does.  Abbey has barely any cross-fire into the 1 and 8 lines, Mountain Pass has virtually zero cross fire into any of it's flank etc. etc. 

I see tanks getting consistently wrecked in the side as they got spotted by fast mediums and lights, sure there are basically two linear flanks, but then there are basically two linear flanks on a map like Prohk. 

Province reminds me of the relationship between hill and middle on Prohk, but made into a whole map, you win by spotting the opposite lane and catching people out with cross fire and progressing forward like that. The most complaints I have seen about it are from heavy tank drivers, so if it;s a corridor map it would be odd that heavy drivers don't like it.

Could it be better? Sure, it could be bigger, the middle could be much more useful and there could be more flanking routes and entrances into each of the 'cliff' areas but I've seen worst maps and at least half a dozen of them if not more we have been playing in game for years. 

Also tagged with New, worst, map, in, the, game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users