Suggestion about the K-91

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TiMeK1ll3r #1 Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21809 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I know there is a topic about suggestions but i feel like it is becoming just a chit chat about whining players, so here i am.

I saw the new stats of the K-91, i just want to point out a little suggestion about it because i think that this time the stats need to be revisited.

I m talking about DPM, Armor and DMG.

As it is now the K-91 doesn't look like an improvement from the OBJ. 430 II, but it looks mostly like a downgraded version with less DPM that the old Obj 430. This line was special and different from the other lines because the higher DPM which allowed you to have more flexibility.

Damage is not good either because 320 dmg for a sniper medium tank means that it's on par with the OBJ.140 and the T62 A, which both have higher DPM. Sniping with 320 dmg means that you basically need to constatly keep firing your gun to be able to support your teammates, thus lowering your camo and mobility. That's something that only TDs should do in certain situations.

As before, armor doesn't upgrade from the OBJ. 430 II, it is even worse than expected..the 430 II is well armored compared to other tanks, with a good turret and a nice frontal armor, but we are talking about a tier IX, which means you might meet tier VII and you can't have too much armor or it wouldn't be balanced.

As top tier, instead, you will always meet other tier X with, nowadays, incredibly good guns and really strong armors. Limiting a medium tank mobility by giving it a not good enough armor will result in players not using the tank at its full potential.

I am not good enough to judge the right amout of changes that need to be made about a tank nor its statistics so i leave it as it is and let you think about it.

I saw the huge nerf on the OBJ 430 V2, is this line really gonna be a sniping medium tank line with paper armor?

What the hell are they even thinking? This thing is totally ridicolous, noone liked the paper armor of the OBJ 416, but i think everyone appreciated the kinda good armor of the 430 V2, so why do you wanna make a tier X OBJ 416?

Sniping in a medium tank...that's not something a medium tank should do, just rename the line as a TD line or you will see 0 K91 around the battlefield.

A medium tank that can't brawl with any other tank is just garbage, noone would like a tank like that, it will just be another fail from WG

tumppi776 #2 Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40847 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Think positive - at least theyre planning on NOT releasing another OP power creep tank.

Bad = Good

so every old MT doesnt become obsolete

Geno1isme #3 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

With the current stats the K-91 is simply crap: No mobility, no armor, no alpha, no DPM, no 360 turret. Only pen, gun-handling and viewrange are good, but not that much better than on the T62A or 140.

The 430-II retains it's mobility, but doesn't get the great penetration and shell velocity values, and inherits all the other negative aspects. The gun buffs listed in the leaks just seem great on paper as in practice people don't use the D-54 gun, and the M-63 already has the better DPM and gun-handling.

So yeah, so far the revamped line seems to be very underwhelming. Not because sniper-meds are a bad concept in general, but the tanks with restricted turret, no gun-depression and no alpha-advantage aren't suited for that role.

Was hoping the K-91 would keep the DPM and mobility values of the old 430, then it might have been a very interesting tank.

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

On super test it is presently very very poor. But those stats

might change, and it still has common test, and maybe two patches before live so maybe Autumn 2018?

Balc0ra #5 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 09 May 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

I saw the huge nerf on the OBJ 430 V2, is this line really gonna be a sniping medium tank line with paper armor?

What the hell are they even thinking? This thing is totally ridicolous, noone liked the paper armor of the OBJ 416, but i think everyone appreciated the kinda good armor of the 430 V2, so why do you wanna make a tier X OBJ 416?

A: It's subject to change. As in not final.

And B: Yes they want the tier 9 and X to be more like the 416, as that's the idea about the line. Less armor, more mobility and more dpm. As in support, not brawler. They have plenty of mediums that do that on the Russian tree as is. Armor is not bad on the 430 II true. But personally I hate the tank due to it. As the rear turret makes the armor less valid on most maps, as you need it to be 100% flat to for both the gun and armor to work in a brawling role. So hills is a big no no vs what other armored mediums can do. And it's far fetched from the fun the 416 gave in a support role. Since 416 is arguably the one tier 8 med most agree on is not inc in the bad tier 8 medium meta. As most tier 8 mediums have been bad tier for tier vs the rest of their lines. If 416 was a sluggish armored tank with bad dpm and camo. I suspect it would not be on that list.

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38854 battles
So i can sell my 416 and forget about this line then? Well ofcourse it can change, but to me it looks like a superunicum tank only.

Geno1isme #7 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 May 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

might change, and it still has common test, and maybe two patches before live so maybe Autumn 2018?

Sure they can still change, but past has shown that WG rarely changes things in the logical direction. And it's just baffling that they'd even consider testing the tanks with those stats.

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 May 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

Since 416 is arguably the one tier 8 med most agree on is not inc in the bad tier 8 medium meta. As most tier 8 mediums have been bad tier for tier vs the rest of their lines. If 416 was a sluggish armored tank with bad dpm and camo. I suspect it would not be on that list.

Thing is that 320 alpha and 330mm HEAT pen are great on a T8 med. At T9 they are already standard, and at T10 rather underwhelming. So the K-91 is basically a 416 with more HP, higher base-pen and very high shell velocity, but way worse mobility, same alpha and DPM and worse matchmaking.

Either they have to give the T9+10 larger caliber guns like the 430 and 430U, or some other outstanding feature to make them a real upgrade over the 416.

Edited by Geno1isme, 09 May 2018 - 01:46 PM.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

I like the concept of it but they need to work more on it's stats, something similar should be done the Leopard 1.

Clearly for a start the K-91's mobility needs improving, you can't have a mobile sniper with 12 hp/ton. If it;s less armoured than the other Russian meds I'd make it much more mobile than them.

If they are to be snipers than they need to be exceptional at it, so the higher shell velocity and pen is a good start, but base accuracy should be like 0.25, so you can get it down to like 0.22 and is clearly better than other meds.

I'd make it like something like the Leopard 1 and K-91 both have the higher pen than normal meds, higher velocity, very low base accuracy, very low aim times, and very low dispersions especially on the turret. Then have the k-91 as the DPM one with better camo, DPM on par with the other 320 alpha meds and then have the Leopard 1 with lower DPM but buff it's alpha to like 460 or something.

Not sure the K-91 needs 420m view range. 

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostSimeon85, on 09 May 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

I like the concept of it but they need to work more on it's stats, something similar should be done the Leopard 1.

Clearly for a start the K-91's mobility needs improving, you can't have a mobile sniper with 12 hp/ton. If it;s less armoured than the other Russian meds I'd make it much more mobile than them.

If they are to be snipers than they need to be exceptional at it, so the higher shell velocity and pen is a good start, but base accuracy should be like 0.25, so you can get it down to like 0.22 and is clearly better than other meds.

I'd make it like something like the Leopard 1 and K-91 both have the higher pen than normal meds, higher velocity, very low base accuracy, very low aim times, and very low dispersions especially on the turret. Then have the k-91 as the DPM one with better camo, DPM on par with the other 320 alpha meds and then have the Leopard 1 with lower DPM but buff it's alpha to like 460 or something.

Not sure the K-91 needs 420m view range. 

I agree with most of this.

As to this comment "Clearly for a start the K-91's mobility needs improving, you can't have a mobile sniper with 12 hp/ton. If it's less armoured than the other Russian meds I'd make it much more mobile than them." The problem is the is that the real K-91 was a design prior to the IS-7 and T-10 and was a 45 ton heavy tank. So although WG have just nerfed the real life armour, they haven't yet knocked off any of the real life weight.

Looking at the blueprints of it, it would be one huge ammo rack, but I feel that will not make it into gameplay due to "balance" reasons ie it's Russian.

TiMeK1ll3r #10 Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21809 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

Personally i really hope that it will not become a sniping medium with low dpm and dmg.

As the guy before said it would be decent if it was more mobile than the other mediums, with higher dmg and more than 320 dmg.

When someone snipes you and does 320 dmg, you already know you just need to angle slightly and you will bounce almost automatically (unless premium rounds), and DMG doesn't matter if you bounce every shot.

Even the STRV does more dmg that that, and it have a sniper rifle gun, super good camo and amazing ROF.

Ok there are many russian brawlers MT, how about a sniper for once? Seems cool, but this tank isn't suited for this role as it is.

It will be a total fail when it will come out (if not updated)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users