Jump to content


Can you explain this EXP logic?


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

skero #1 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

S. Conqueror did 418 dmg and 1409 assist.

 

I did almost 5k dmg and 460 assist + 3 kills.

 

Yet this guy is second best on EXP? LIKE REALLY? *edited* is this *edited*?

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Bez názvu.png   617.72K

Edited by NickMustaine, 07 May 2018 - 09:46 AM.
Inappropriate language


Spurtung #2 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Why can't we see your detailed report? Or the replay?

skero #3 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Why can't we see your detailed report? Or the replay?

 

Replay? You see results omg. What else do you need? OMG.

 

From your reply it´s clear you can´t understand it etiher.


Edited by skero, 05 May 2018 - 11:32 PM.


Spurtung #4 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postskero, on 06 May 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

 

Replay? You see results omg. What else do you need? OMG.

 

From your reply it´s clear you can´t understand it etiher.

 

LOL?

 

Your damage could be done on someone else's spot, for example. So...your results or the replay or stfu.



Balc0ra #5 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62857 battles
  • 14,459
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

 

Replay? You see results omg. What else do you need? OMG.

 

From your reply it´s clear you can´t understand it etiher.

 

Because it's not how much damage you do. It's how and to whom you do it to that counts. If you did all of that on the red line on others spotting. You lose 50% pr damage point. For all we know, he got half your XP if he spotted for you. He had 5 first spots. He even got XP for each one of those. So if you spotted nothing first, your 3 kills don't give much more then his first spot. As they both only give a "small bonus".

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 May 2018 - 11:41 PM.


skero #6 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

LOL?

 

Your damage could be done on someone else's spot, for example. So...your results or the replay or stfu.

 

Are you dumb? This guy in TX HEAVY TANK did 418 DMG and is 2nd best on exp?? *edited*. Defend this more please.

Edited by NickMustaine, 07 May 2018 - 09:47 AM.
Inappropriate language


Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62857 battles
  • 14,459
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

 

Are you dumb? This guy in TX HEAVY TANK did 418 DMG and is 2nd best on exp?? *edited*. Defend this more please.

 

Again.. it's not how much you do.. it's how and where you do it that counts. Where you on the red line or sitting behind the rest? Farming on his spotting? That's why.

Spurtung #8 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:44 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postskero, on 06 May 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

 

Are you dumb? This guy in TX HEAVY TANK did 418 DMG and is 2nd best on exp?? *edited*. Defend this more please.

 

He blocked 2k.

skero #9 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 May 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

 

Again.. it's not how much you do.. it's how and where you do it that counts. Where you on the red line or sitting behind the rest? Farming on his spotting? That's why.

 

His assist is 1409.. And he did one shot in TX HEAVY TANK... *edited* ís this. Im just pissed off with this logic.
 

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

 

He blocked 2k.

 

Oh great he blocked 2k in HEAVY TANK with OP turret. That´s incredible... With one damaging shot.... Just WOW.
 

Edited by NickMustaine, 07 May 2018 - 09:49 AM.
Inappropriate language


fighting_falcon93 #10 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 29341 battles
  • 3,338
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

I'm actually interested in knowing the answer to this question aswell :)

 

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Your damage could be done on someone else's spot, for example.

 

Yes, but then he shared 50% of the xp with the spotter. So if he did 5k damage, he would atleast have got as much as as 2.5k self spotted damage, right?

 

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

He blocked 2k.

 

Blocking doesn't give xp, or?



Strappster #11 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Are you dumb? This guy in TX HEAVY TANK did 418 DMG and is 2nd best on exp?? *edited*. Defend this more please.

 

They've explained it. Supply the replay if you want more details but in brief based on the information provided, you didn't spot your own damage so you shared your xp with whoever was spotting it.

 

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

He blocked 2k.

 

You don't get anything for blocking. The fact that you're still alive to get more xp the usual way is enough.



Spurtung #12 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 06 May 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

I'm actually interested in knowing the answer to this question aswell :)

 

We may know more whenever OP decides to give us the replay.



Strappster #13 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 05 May 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

We may know more whenever OP decides to give us the replay.

 

:D



skero #14 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostStrappster, on 05 May 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

 

They've explained it. Supply the replay if you want more details but in brief based on the information provided, you didn't spot your own damage so you shared your xp with whoever was spotting it.

 

 

You don't get anything for blocking. The fact that you're still alive to get more xp the usual way is enough.

 

Im not talking about my exp now. Im talking about his. How can TX HEAVY TANK with one penetration shot be 2nd best on exp? With comparsion to almost 5k dmg. This is insane.

 



Strappster #15 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:08 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Im not talking about my exp now. Im talking about his. How can TX HEAVY TANK with one penetration shot be 2nd best on exp? With comparsion to almost 5k dmg. This is insane.

 

If you provide the replay, we'll be able to tell you because we'll see both your positions on the minimap and can follow how the battle played out. Without the replay, you've already had as good an answer as you're going to get because all we can say is, "yes, he got more xp than you, you probably weren't spotting your own damage as you have to share 50% of your xp and credits with whoever is spotting for you".

 

See?



skero #16 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostStrappster, on 06 May 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

 

If you provide the replay, we'll be able to tell you because we'll see both your positions on the minimap and can follow how the battle played out. Without the replay, you've already had as good an answer as you're going to get because all we can say is, "yes, he got more xp than you, you probably weren't spotting your own damage as you have to share 50% of your xp and credits with whoever is spotting for you".

 

See?

 

 

Im not saving them. But are you actually listening to yourself? You are solving my dmg because someone was spotting while he has NO dmg at all.

 

Again he is TOP TIER HEAVY TANK WITH ONE PEN SHOT. What´s so hard to understand that this utter BS.



Spurtung #17 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postskero, on 06 May 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

 

 

Im not saving them. But are you actually listening to yourself? You are solving my dmg because someone was spotting while he has NO dmg at all.

 

Again he is TOP TIER HEAVY TANK WITH ONE PEN SHOT. What´s so hard to understand that this utter BS.

 

This is where we tell you to sod off.

Strappster #18 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,790
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Im not saving them. But are you actually listening to yourself? You are solving my dmg because someone was spotting while he has NO dmg at all.

 

Again he is TOP TIER HEAVY TANK WITH ONE PEN SHOT. What´s so hard to understand that this utter BS.

 

The question isn't how did he get that much xp with one shot because the answer is right in front of you - he did because that's what the results say. The question is how did you get so little xp despite doing so much damage.

 

No one can tell you how xp is worked out for a very good reason - WG have never made any of it public. A few years ago some very clever people on another forum looked into it and came up with a pretty good approximation but it wasn't quite right and WG can change their way of calculating it a lot easier than the players can keep up.

 

A moment's thought will tell you why - if the players knew, a proportion of them would immediately change their gameplay to maximise their xp return. WG don't want that to happen, anyone interested in decent gameplay doesn't want that to happen and the game as an on-going enterprise doesn't want that to happen.

 

So no, you're not going to get a walk-through of exactly why the Squonk got more xp than you. If you had the replay, we'd at least be able to tell you what happened in the battle to affect the results but you don't so you'll have to be satisfied with what you've got.

 

If you don't like that, go cry to someone else because quite frankly we don't care.



skero #19 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24256 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostStrappster, on 06 May 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

 

The question isn't how did he get that much xp with one shot because the answer is right in front of you - he did because that's what the results say. The question is how did you get so little xp despite doing so much damage.

 

No one can tell you how xp is worked out for a very good reason - WG have never made any of it public. A few years ago some very clever people on another forum looked into it and came up with a pretty good approximation but it wasn't quite right and WG can change their way of calculating it a lot easier than the players can keep up.

 

A moment's thought will tell you why - if the players knew, a proportion of them would immediately change their gameplay to maximise their xp return. WG don't want that to happen, anyone interested in decent gameplay doesn't want that to happen and the game as an on-going enterprise doesn't want that to happen.

 

So no, you're not going to get a walk-through of exactly why the Squonk got more xp than you. If you had the replay, we'd at least be able to tell you what happened in the battle to affect the results but you don't so you'll have to be satisfied with what you've got.

 

If you don't like that, go cry to someone else because quite frankly we don't care.

 

 

Oh WOW now it is crying.. It is crying that TOP TIER HEAVY TANK with one pen shot is 2nd best on EXP: That is exactly the QUESTION HERE. I can understand that someone is spotting for someone else.

 

But I cant understand that he with one shot can be 2nd best on exp. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

 

With your "explenation" I can take my heavy tank and do one shot with some assist and be 2nd with exp? LIKE REALLY?

 

For what else he can get exp? For what more he can get exp than dmg or assist? For dodging the trees? Or flowers? Please this is ridiculous.



SnowRelic #20 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22741 battles
  • 589
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-14-2012

Ok guys. Let's stay on topic. The question was:

 

View Postskero, on 05 May 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

Can you explain this EXP logic?

 

Yes, I can. WG.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users