Jump to content


M15/42 - WTF?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29037 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

Played 12, won 2 in M15/42 so far.  On paper it looks okay, it practice it seems to be a disaster, at least for me, despite on average doing my hit points in damage and getting a kill.

 

Could it be that I am being farmed by clever players running specialist M15/42 killers?  A horrid thought.



vixu #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42373 battles
  • 3,321
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 06 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Played 12, won 2 in M15/42 so far.  On paper it looks okay, it practice it seems to be a disaster, at least for me, despite on average doing my hit points in damage and getting a kill.

 

Could it be that I am being farmed by clever players running specialist M15/42 killers?  A horrid thought.

 

Happens to me on any other tank lately. Doesn't mater if you perform good or bad yourself. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28629 battles
  • 2,189
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 06 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Could it be that I am being farmed by clever players running specialist M15/42 killers?  A horrid thought.

 

That'll be the new anti-M15/42 aimbot that's going about.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29037 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 06 May 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

That'll be the new anti-M15/42 aimbot that's going about.

 

I will admit to having had some fun myself farming them with my Pz2J and PzB2

 

Just free xp'd the last couple of hundred points.  Final tally was played 15, won 2. Ugh.



Yakito #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18866 battles
  • 1,342
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
It's because it's a weekend. My games have been so bad today and yesterday that I only did X3 xp on 2 of my tanks after an hour and a half of playing. I tried a few games in the morning today, got creamed repeatedly in almost all tanks I tried that I gave up playing for today completely.
And I was bottom tier most of my fights on top of that.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19129 battles
  • 3,143
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
I have around 80% WR in it. Sure battlecount it still very low, but playing it as a support-firstline HT works quite well. Works well on hulldown too because a great part of the turret is at autobounce angle so from mid range may be hard to pen.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29037 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostDava_117, on 06 May 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

I have around 80% WR in it. Sure battlecount it still very low, but playing it as a support-firstline HT works quite well. Works well on hulldown too because a great part of the turret is at autobounce angle so from mid range may be hard to pen.

 

If I every try it again I might give it binos and try that.

 

Just played its replacement, the P26/40 and found it a huge improvement, much more to my taste.  Got a good win and did 600 damage without breaking into a sweat or using gold ammo.



MR_FIAT #8 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19747 battles
  • 1,571
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
Yeah the tier 4 is a big step up, especialy with that memey HE Shell. 70 HE penn :hiding:

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29037 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostMR_FIAT, on 06 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yeah the tier 4 is a big step up, especialy with that memey HE Shell. 70 HE penn :hiding:

 

2 games in it so far, 750 average damage. 

 

And yeah that 75mm HE with 70 pen looks good.  The AP with 97 pen is good enough for most targets, and the APCR with 130 pen should be good enough for most Tier 6 heavies.

 

Can't complain about the gun.  Speed and armour are so-so, but adequate for the tier.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users