jesus christ he doesnt bloody stop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BrinklyWolls #1 Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31648 battles
  • [GONAD] GONAD

Yes, it's here! From the people person who brought you a noob's journey through French lights, a thread about the newest flavour of the moment that will be forgotten about almost immediately when the next patch drops and everyone goes back to complaining about OP Rusha tanks! :ohmy:

In short, I [edited] LOVE the Italian tanks. It's as though WG have tasked someone to go through all my replays, read my forum posts and then had a meeting where they decided to design a line of tanks specifically for me.

I don't mean they're strong or I play particularly well in them because I don't. I mean that the gameplay is exactly what I've been missing from every other line I've tried (and I've tried most of them by now). Some armour in lower tiers with effective and fun guns, not just the tier 4 HE but the L6/40 (tier 2 light) auto-loader and the tier 3 medium. They have (enough) mobility, they have armour in the mid-tiers with decent guns again and the upper tiers get the option to single shot or dump a burst into some poor sod.

In short, it's bloody marvellous and I'm having a great time grinding my way up, even in battles where I don't last long because I can understand the mistakes I've made and the decisions I got right. I don't even load HE by default in the tier 4, it depends what tanks I meet. Unless I'm top tier, then it's HE and cackling laughter all the way.

The premium is fun too, certainly worth considering if you want another tier 8 credit grinder, though I'd prefer to have a mid-tier option for crew training as it's less punishing to play a new 75% crew when you're not facing tier 10 all the time.

I'll update this thread as the grind continues should anything relevant come up and I remember that I started this thread but that's all for now, please feel free to reply telling me how I'm wrong about everything I just said so that I can point out that I said nothing about general strengths and weaknesses relative to other tanks. 

:great:

leggasiini #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just wait until you get to the tier 5. Get ready to be really disappointed, unless you happen to constantly get top tier 5-10 games (which I didnt get). Tier 5 is just much worse than lower tiers.

I also heard a lot of bad things about the tier 6, although at least it has 240 alpha + very good DPM

Valerius #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 06 May 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Just wait until you get to the tier 5. Get ready to be really disappointed, unless you happen to constantly get top tier 5-10 games (which I didnt get). Tier 5 is just much worse than lower tiers.

I also heard a lot of bad things about the tier 6, although at least it has 240 alpha + very good DPM

The tier 6 isn't fun until you get that 90mm gun. 110 dmg with low pen means you will have a long long grind up to it

leggasiini #4 Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20375 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostValerius, on 06 May 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

The tier 6 isn't fun until you get that 90mm gun. 110 dmg with low pen means you will have a long long grind up to it

Yeah, the tier 6 seems absolutely hopeless with that gun. It's already a joke at tier 5, so can't imagine how it is at tier 6...

BrinklyWolls #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31648 battles
  • [GONAD] GONAD

View Postleggasiini, on 06 May 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm planning to use the second gun on the tier 5 because it still gets that lol-HE penetration, though I'll certainly try the top gun with its intriguing fleshlight-styled muzzle brake. When I reach tier 6 I may drop some free xp on the line to avoid the stock gun altogether.

Right now I'm grinding the crew in the Progetto so they've at least got their first skill before I drop them into the tier 5. :)

Valerius #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles

Well I finally reached the autoloaders with the Pantera at tier 8

I like it, I see a lot of potential in it however I have one huge issue.... modules. I cannot stress how annoying it is losing 4-5 modules and crewmen every single battle.

If you take a shot to the front your engine WILL get damaged (I haven't had a single instance of it being knocked out completely which is weird)

If you take a shot to the side your ammo rack gets damaged (again haven't had a single ammo rack explosion)

A shot to the turret knocks out the gunner AND the commander

There are no ifs and buts, it happens with nearly every shot.

Edited by Valerius, 08 May 2018 - 02:13 AM.

BrinklyWolls #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31648 battles
  • [GONAD] GONAD

On the tier 5, fully upgraded now and I think I'm going to stick with the top gun rather than the second one. The high pen HE is still fun but it's less useful against a lot more of the tanks you meet and while it's not terrible, the tank doesn't have the sort of mobility that makes getting side and rear shots easier. I'm keeping the tier 4, of course, so I'll still get my fix of HE fun. 

I'm pretty sure the tier 5 will be a keeper too. I like to hang on to a mid-tier tank for initial crew training and tier 5 is less punishing for a 75% crew than tier 6. Good job it's got a punchy gun and a useful amount of armour, it'll come in handy to protect those noobs. :great:

View PostValerius, on 08 May 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

I like it, I see a lot of potential in it however I have one huge issue.... modules. I cannot stress how annoying it is losing 4-5 modules and crewmen every single battle.

If you take a shot to the front your engine WILL get damaged (I haven't had a single instance of it being knocked out completely which is weird)

If you take a shot to the side your ammo rack gets damaged (again haven't had a single ammo rack explosion)

Interesting. The tier 4 often takes engine damage from shots through the front sprocket because the gearbox is behind it and I was wondering if the Pantera might be based on a German Panther, the hull is very similar and the German also has the gearbox at the front. It certainly sounds like a gearbox hit, it can't be the engine unless the shot is penning straight through the middle of the tank.

Might have to switch to a large med-kit for tier 8 from the sound of it. Good job I've got a Prosecco to pay for it. :D

Valerius #8 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles

View PostStrappster, on 08 May 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

Interesting. The tier 4 often takes engine damage from shots through the front sprocket because the gearbox is behind it and I was wondering if the Pantera might be based on a German Panther, the hull is very similar and the German also has the gearbox at the front. It certainly sounds like a gearbox hit, it can't be the engine unless the shot is penning straight through the middle of the tank.

Might have to switch to a large med-kit for tier 8 from the sound of it. Good job I've got a Prosecco to pay for it. :D

It IS a german Panther. Just with Italian crew and autoloader.

Same goes for the Standard B, it IS a Leopard under Italian colours (from what I could gather the Leopard was a joint venture between Germany, Italy and France and the Standard B was the Italian prototype)

Edited by Valerius, 13 May 2018 - 04:27 PM.

TheR3dBaron #9 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38661 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostValerius, on 08 May 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

As far as the crew is concerned, have you tried playing it the AT-15 way in the old days? Meaning, carry an extra large medikit for additional crew protection.

edit: I ask because I'm still on tier 6.

Edited by TheR3dBaron, 15 May 2018 - 01:24 PM.

Valerius #10 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles
I actually use large kits on them exactly for that reason lol

Also tagged with jesus, christ, he, doesnt, bloody, stop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users