No fun :(

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Lego_Fatman #1 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

This game is, at least for me, becoming more irritating than fun.

Anyone else or just me?

Sirebellus #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18357 battles

when the fun stops... take a break... re-evaluate your game... set yourself new challenges... play lower tier games for a mariocart pew-pew version of the game...
Don't just keep playing the same game over and over again if you aren't enjoying it

Lego_Fatman #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostSirebellus, on 06 May 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

when the fun stops... take a break... re-evaluate your game... set yourself new challenges... play lower tier games for a mariocart pew-pew version of the game...
Don't just keep playing the same game over and over again if you aren't enjoying it

Yeah that would be the sensible thing to do, but for some stupid reason i carry on playing even when i'm annoyed lol

Mimos_A #4 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22118 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Just stop playing, as Sirebellus says. It's a game, you're supposed to do this for fun.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10664 battles

View PostLego_Fatman, on 06 May 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

This game is, at least for me, becoming more irritating than fun.

Anyone else or just me?

go back to play your fun tanks, works for me. 

TheComfyChair #6 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Lose 3 during a session stop playing and go to the pub (only if you are the legal drinking age or above) .

PhooBar #7 Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18394 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Step 1.  Get a Pz1C, load full APCR.

Step 2.  Press "Battle" button.

Step 3.  WHEEEEEEEEEEPEWPEWDIEZOOMPEWPEWSOMEMOREWHEEEEEE!!!

Step 4.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Just try to have some fun.

HeidenSieker #8 Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostLego_Fatman, on 06 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yeah that would be the sensible thing to do, but for some stupid reason i carry on playing even when i'm annoyed lol

That's because you're being continually psychologically indocrinated by the game (through the game design) to keep on playing. It works well, doesn't it!

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10748 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostLego_Fatman, on 06 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I find this game is an addiction, better than heroin I tell myself but as others have mentioned just take a break and come back later, the game isn't going to go anywhere. I don't know what tier you prefer to play but as a fall back for me the low tiers can be fun, in fact it is fun if it involves a Matilda.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostPhooBar, on 06 May 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Step 1.  Get a Pz1C, load full APCR.

Step 2.  Press "Battle" button.

Step 3.  WHEEEEEEEEEEPEWPEWDIEZOOMPEWPEWSOMEMOREWHEEEEEE!!!

Step 4.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Just try to have some fun.

Newer tanks wipe the floor of Pz IC's. 

DeBanus #11 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28661 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostSirebellus, on 06 May 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Hmm, so I to take a break every 2-3 days then :facepalm:.

Not kidding, but you have a good point there. Playing this game systematically gets you in a routine which needs to be pauze, alterd or refreshed from time to time!

Lego_Fatman #12 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Yeah it's pretty much my fault lol, no idea why i don't just stop playing when i get annoyed. Should probably do that more

Edited by Lego_Fatman, 07 May 2018 - 01:39 PM.

malachi6 #13 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49222 battles
There are quite a few who regularly post on the forums who hate the game with a vengeance.  Never once is there a word of praise for the game or a thread about how they enjoy the game.  Just a torrent of complaints, whines and discussions of how broken the game is for this reason or that.  The good things is apparently,  hating a pastime you have chosen, is no excuse to stop that pastime.  It is apparently, fine to keep playing, despite your vociferous hatred.  So, get annoyed and keep playing  it works for so many.

Manamune #14 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20545 battles
Yea take a break man....i always take a break when my liver start to hurt from all the rage

Lego_Fatman #15 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postmalachi6, on 07 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

There are quite a few who regularly post on the forums who hate the game with a vengeance.  Never once is there a word of praise for the game or a thread about how they enjoy the game.  Just a torrent of complaints, whines and discussions of how broken the game is for this reason or that.  The good things is apparently,  hating a pastime you have chosen, is no excuse to stop that pastime.  It is apparently, fine to keep playing, despite your vociferous hatred.  So, get annoyed and keep playing  it works for so many.

Yeah but i actually like the game which is why i always play it, i don't fully blame the game for my frustration because i get frustrated at most things in life very easily. However there are obviously a lot of things that contribute to my frustration, which a lot of people outline in the forums constantly, that never seem to be fixed or even addressed,

Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 28450 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmalachi6, on 07 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

I find that sort of thing very weird.  If there is a company I don't like I might post a negative review on e.g. TrustPilot to warn others (a particular Spanish car hire firm comes to mind, as do some utility companies and ISPs) and will then avoid using that company ever again.  People constantly hating on a game when they have had hundreds or thousands of hours of amusement from it absolutely baffles me.  Neither WG nor WoT are perfect, but the game offers decent, cheap, light entertainment, and has largely avoided the curse of PTW that afflicts and destroys many other FTP games.

View PostLego_Fatman, on 07 May 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yeah but i actually like the game which is why i always play it, i don't fully blame the game for my frustration because i get frustrated at most things in life very easily. However there are obviously a lot of things that contribute to my frustration, which a lot of people outline in the forums constantly, that never seem to be fixed or even addressed,

That could of course be because a lot of forum posters - especially those who obsess about stuff like MM, maps, gold ammo, SPGs, etc, - are delusional.

shamelbazoqa #17 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4116 battles

i feel you, this happens in many games, i get this feeling when I'm at a stage of my real life were i feel that i''m not meeting my own expectations, or none-productive, and at that point the game subconsciously changes to a job, where i set goals in the game, that are not really fun and cannot be met with my current mental state, but i'd be somehow making up for my real life unmet goals. it is as if i start expecting the game to be according to the way i need it to be, and forget that it's just a game, it not real, it's not gonna be perfect, and i probably cannot do anything about it, so i come here to the forums, let out air.

Lego_Fatman #18 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

That could of course be because a lot of forum posters - especially those who obsess about stuff like MM, maps, gold ammo, SPGs, etc, - are delusional.

Maybe and a lot of the rants that i see on the forums are irrational, but some of them have valid points and there are some issues which are constantly put forward by people but seem to be ignored by WG. For example, the obj 268 v4, now to me it seems that almost everyone agrees that the obj 268 v4 is overpowered, it also seems that most people are vocal about this and yet nothing seems to be done. So while it is definitely the case that a lot of forum posters are ranting about nothing, there are some issues that most people agree on and complain about that get ignored. - but idk, i could be wrong, that's just my opinion after all.

Strappster #19 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLego_Fatman, on 07 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Maybe and a lot of the rants that i see on the forums are irrational, but some of them have valid points and there are some issues which are constantly put forward by people but seem to be ignored by WG.

Haven't you ever wondered why? An awful lot of players think they've got the answer to balancing the game that's somehow escaped a team of people who are paid to evaluate exactly those sorts of ideas and it turns out what they usually mean is, "what would make the game better for me is ...".

That's not to say I think the v4 isn't stupid, I simply remember when other tanks were thought to be equally stupid if not more and the majority of them have either been re-balanced (i.e. WG listened) or the majority of players have learned how to cope with them.

What I don't tend to do is make pronouncements based on my personal experiences from a handful of battles. There are parts of some of the new maps that I haven't even seen yet because I don't tend to go on sight-seeing tours when I'm playing. How can I say a map is terribad based on that limited exposure? Same for tanks - yes, right now I agree that the v4 appears to be quite stupid, however I'm not playing with or against massed ranks of them in clan battles or playing a lot of tier 10 so my opinion has to be taken with that in mind.

shikaka9 #20 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57303 battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users