FFS HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO FIX THE SOUND BUG?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

VanGore78 #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62869 battles
  • [S4] S4

Seriously...ok WG needs more than  a year to fix the chat server...so how long will these bobs need to fix the sound bug?

It's annoying as *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 08 May 2018 - 09:55 AM.
Inappropriate language

Cobra6 #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It was reported even before 1.0 was released and still present. 

Problem is that it impact gameplay very negatively as normally most people register an enemy hit in their brain by the *clang* sound it makes on their vehicle, if you don't hear a sound you automatically assume you weren't hit.

Then a short while later you find out to your horror half your HP is gone and you didn't hear a single enemy shell hit your tank.

This bug should have among the highest priority to be fixed before other (more useless) fixes.

Cobra 6

Darth_Yoda #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 311 battles

qpranger likes this

Spoiler

polt3rg3ist #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32367 battles
im amazed every time when i realize my hit point  are low and havent even noticed a HIT wtf and the other crazy noise bug its like the sound card is giving up but it cant im using 3 different computers and there is some really issues hopefully they are aware of them other ones like x-treme memory leaks like in WoWs makes u to shut down and restart if u bother. 

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 65206 battles
And the graphics update brought more halfassed hitboxes, so there's that to fix as well. Not that they have ever cared about that thing.

Fighto #6 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34923 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
Gone to the stage were modders will need to fix bugs

Agent_327 #7 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16708 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

View PostVanGore78, on 07 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Seriously...ok WG needs more than  a year to fix the chat server...so how long will these bobs need to fix the sound bug?

Apparently some more time since it's not fixed by now. However as a developer I know that those periodic errors can be very difficult to fix so don't expect it to be fixed in the next patch either.. Though I think that it happens less now than when 1.0 were released.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65967 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well if you think it's that easy. Then by all means, fix it for them and get payed for it. It's listed in the known issues list. And tho it might seem like an easy bug to sort out. The last time they had an "easy bug". It took a long time since the issue was deeper into the game code, and was affected by several other underlying issues that affected it. Thus it was more work to sort it out, then just the one issue. If it's the same again as it's a new engine. It could explain why it's taking so long.

Ba_nshee #9 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22452 battles
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG

Block Quote

It was reported even before 1.0 was released and still present. 

It was reported in the fist hour of the test server... from everyone.

Spurtung #10 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 62822 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostVanGore78, on 07 May 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

More than a year...not even close.

How long do you think it's needed to fix the sound bug? I'm genuinely asking what's your expectation for it.

Joggaman #11 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23603 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDarth_Yoda, on 07 May 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

qpranger likes this

Spoiler

but this time I think he meant it...

pagandk #12 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38721 battles
So i'm not the only one wondering where some of my shots go? Seen some pretty weird stuff where shots dont seem to register. Ohh and sound bug is really annoying aswell.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29909 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 May 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Well if you think it's that easy. Then by all means, fix it for them and get payed for it. It's listed in the known issues list. And tho it might seem like an easy bug to sort out. The last time they had an "easy bug". It took a long time since the issue was deeper into the game code, and was affected by several other underlying issues that affected it. Thus it was more work to sort it out, then just the one issue. If it's the same again as it's a new engine. It could explain why it's taking so long.

Sure. Just need them to let me at the source code.

This'll be an engine bug, not the python / flash mods that basically every other mod is.

SnowRelic #14 Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBaldrickk, on 07 May 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Sure. Just need them to let me at the source code.

This'll be an engine bug, not the python / flash mods that basically every other mod is.

Go get 'em, Tiger!

HeidenSieker #15 Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostVanGore78, on 07 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Maybe so, but you could be more constructive and (far) less coarse, couldn't you.

Sporting7 #16 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17365 battles
  • [PCTAC] PCTAC

Same problem here , no sound at all

before that , i was with log and fps problems , i bought a new good graphics card ,  all most noghting changed , just sligtly fps better 

but now i have no sound at all ,  i have sound in steam  warthunder , cities of skylines  , etc  

I wish WOT  before release this updates could make a option  for we choose ( new or Old settings )  at least worked

i have spend more money in WOT tanks , then i ever spend in all other games together , and can t play 

worked very well before , when ever i see now a new update  , raises a preocupation , i wish could have a simple button where i could  choose , old settings or last settings that worked well

another thing its seem WOT are dumping old OS  like Windows XP

Never understood why  WOT does not provide a platform for Linux  users ,  milions of people world wide are dumping windows  not because like free software , but because

the disrispectaful  microsoft  terms of invading our privacy are totaly unaceptable ,  i bought my PC  chould be mine , and not allow any company of install backdoors for corrupt governs

and trojans that see everything we are doing in real time , and change what ever they wish on my PC , thats invation and i dont understand why WOT  does not care or help those that choose another platforms like Linux ,   Warthunder invested  on steam for linux users ,  may be WOT are to rich  that can allow dumping linux users , just dont understand

for now WOT   with no sound its all most unplayable , have huge disadvantage, i hope they fix that bug

Spurtung #17 Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 62822 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

I bet OP thinks they just need to turn on the switch that reads "sound when taking hits".

That clumsy cleaning lady, right, OP?

Mr_Burrows #18 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44940 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 08 May 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

I bet OP thinks they just need to turn on the switch that reads "sound when taking hits".

That clumsy cleaning lady, right, OP?

Flatten maps and make them duller? Check. Remove sound when hit? Check. They know how to do stuff. 

azakow #19 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 75242 battles

I suggest to all to open a ticket.

Use the provided reporting tool.

keep them busy and attract their attention

laugh at the suggested update for audio drivers

continue the ticket

create unwanted cost for wg

all much better than not to use the search function and spam the forum

open tickets instead!

View PostAgent_327, on 07 May 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Apparently some more time since it's not fixed by now. However as a developer I know that those periodic errors can be very difficult to fix so don't expect it to be fixed in the next patch either.. Though I think that it happens less now than when 1.0 were released.

sure as a gamer you how often it happen to you, henc you can assess how many samples would becreated during a day EU wide.

lots of things to look at an to give fodder for o who ever is bussy with the fixing.

Edited by NickMustaine, 08 May 2018 - 09:59 AM.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29909 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSporting7, on 08 May 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

Same problem here , no sound at all

before that , i was with log and fps problems , i bought a new good graphics card ,  all most noghting changed , just sligtly fps better 

but now i have no sound at all ,  i have sound in steam  warthunder , cities of skylines  , etc  

I wish WOT  before release this updates could make a option  for we choose ( new or Old settings )  at least worked

i have spend more money in WOT tanks , then i ever spend in all other games together , and can t play 

worked very well before , when ever i see now a new update  , raises a preocupation , i wish could have a simple button where i could  choose , old settings or last settings that worked well

another thing its seem WOT are dumping old OS  like Windows XP

Never understood why  WOT does not provide a platform for Linux  users ,  milions of people world wide are dumping windows  not because like free software , but because

the disrispectaful  microsoft  terms of invading our privacy are totaly unaceptable ,  i bought my PC  chould be mine , and not allow any company of install backdoors for corrupt governs

and trojans that see everything we are doing in real time , and change what ever they wish on my PC , thats invation and i dont understand why WOT  does not care or help those that choose another platforms like Linux ,   Warthunder invested  on steam for linux users ,  may be WOT are to rich  that can allow dumping linux users , just dont understand

for now WOT   with no sound its all most unplayable , have huge disadvantage, i hope they fix that bug

No sound at all? That's not the bug we are talking about. Have you just managed to mute WOT?

Windows XP is 17 years old.

The latest service pack for XP is a decade old

Microsoft stopped supporting it 9 years ago, and stopped extended support (corporations and governments spending megabucks on it) 5 years ago. 

And i believe the game still rings on it.

The world has moved on, like it or not. If you are still running XP then... why? You're leaving yourself open to all sorts of malware through documented security flaws that are never going to be patched.

As for Linux, the game runs fine under WINE.

In fact it went from a silver rating with 0.9.X to a gold rating with 1.0.X so... yay, improvement!

https://appdb.winehq...ation&iId=11544

Edited by Baldrickk, 08 May 2018 - 07:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users