• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Aria_Company #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4235 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE
Hi!
I just researched the Type 4 and while i find it a nice tank, it seems like i can't do anything good while driving it.
It is slower than the O-Ho, the stock gun is a bit derpy, lowrolls often and even by going full gold as i do i manage to bounce unbounceable targets (ELC AMX i'm looking at you).
It just seems like i have no impact on the games i play at all.
Can someone suggest me how to play it correctly until i research the full HE gun?

Edited by Aria_Company, 07 May 2018 - 11:53 AM.

mango91 #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40476 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I was stuck with the 14cm AP golds for some matches.

really hated the tank combo slowness-no accuracy (you can't snipe while approaching key areas, you can't reach key areas in time to be useful)

right now I'mk derping around and I made a jump toward the 1st MoE like +30% in 15 matches

the derp is gonna kill me too, tbh, it just suffers the RNG aiming more than any derp I've ever tried.. but at least it gives no chance to 705's sidescraping like boss and thinking you're gonna bounce with an AP

just 1 suggestion, during the countdown choose wisely where to go. It's the last time you can make that decision

Edited by mango91, 07 May 2018 - 03:55 PM.

Aria_Company #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4235 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE

View Postmango91, on 07 May 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

I was stuck with the 14cm AP golds for some matches.

really hated the tank combo slowness-no accuracy (you can't snipe while approaching key areas, you can't reach key areas in time to be useful)

right now I'mk derping around and I made a jump toward the 1st MoE like +30% in 15 matches

the derp is gonna kill me too, tbh, it just suffers the RNG aiming more than any derp I've ever tried.. but at least it gives no chance to 705's sidescraping like boss and thinking you're gonna bounce with an AP

just 1 suggestion, during the countdown choose wisely where to go. It's the last time you can make that decision

actually i don't even have the luxury of owning the 14 cm, i'm going with the stock 128mm

Aria_Company #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4235 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE
Also, you can choose where to go, but you can only choose for yourself, not for the rest of the team, so it's painful when they go full lemming and you have either to reverse and arrive when the game is over or to go solo.

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6985 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

My only advice is to free exp to the 14cm/50 3rd Year Type.

Played enough matches back in the day with just the 12.7cm to get about half the required exp for it and just free exp'd the other half to get the 14cm.

Not sure if the 15cm/45 41st Year Type was already in the game yet.

Do remember playing a lot of matches with the 14cm though, which was at least bearable.

leggasiini #6 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The stock 12.7 cm is a terrible gun, so no wonder that why you are struggling with it. Free XP, if possible. If you HAVE to play it with that gun, just focus on targets with relatively weak gun, don't go frontline if you dont have powerful enough support, because your own gun is just so weak.

14 cm is not perfect, but it is workable on the Type 4, and the grind to the derp shouldnt be too painful from that. 600 alpha does really hurt at tier 9.

lnfernaI #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27229 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
No sell it. We don't need this filth in randoms.

SGT_Sprocket22 #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24683 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostlnfernaI, on 08 May 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

No sell it. We don't need this filth in randoms.

​I bet you'd like more OP Russian tanks though? If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

lnfernaI #9 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27229 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 09 May 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

​I bet you'd like more OP Russian tanks though? If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm not a fan of the broken crap; however I love to have DPM on my tanks. It allows you to rip apart and trade efficiently with enemies. If I used my current crew and all possible ways of reloading on my T-43,I'd have a f-ing  ~3.5  4.27 sec reload and 1.84 aim time. To compare,my KV-13 has about 4.5 sec - shares less DPM for more armor that you can sidescrape with; funny to see people be forced to shoot gold on you.

But you want to know what takes literally no skill? Just clicking on a random spot on enemy armor to deal damage,regardless of damage dealt upon it. Might as well use the common idiot excuse,implying that "I shoot HE so I can damage even somewhat".

There are scenarios where HE has use even on the smallest of guns. However,this crap just spams it with relentless determination,and breaks the game for a player by forcing them out of their fortified position (Fair enough,that's what we use HE for) and possibly luring them into more enemies,while receiving almost no penalty for it,as these heavies are practically impenetrable to <T8 tanks. 

So each time I spot one of these aforementioned noobs,I will load gold and fire it without hesitation and pity.

Don't get this the wrong way. I get mad as fk when I'm clicked with HE,without having to put any skill in to it. (Unless it's arty,but that's a whole different point of view)

It's just a matter of time before HE noobs break the game. FV215b183 already started that trend several years ago,and guess what,it's expanding now. I'm sick of it.

Edited by lnfernaI, 09 May 2018 - 07:25 AM.

SGT_Sprocket22 #10 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24683 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostlnfernaI, on 09 May 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of the broken crap; however I love to have DPM on my tanks. It allows you to rip apart and trade efficiently with enemies. If I used my current crew and all possible ways of reloading on my T-43,I'd have a f-ing  ~3.5  4.27 sec reload and 1.84 aim time. To compare,my KV-13 has about 4.5 sec - shares less DPM for more armor that you can sidescrape with; funny to see people be forced to shoot gold on you.

But you want to know what takes literally no skill? Just clicking on a random spot on enemy armor to deal damage,regardless of damage dealt upon it. Might as well use the common idiot excuse,implying that "I shoot HE so I can damage even somewhat".

There are scenarios where HE has use even on the smallest of guns. However,this crap just spams it with relentless determination,and breaks the game for a player by forcing them out of their fortified position (Fair enough,that's what we use HE for) and possibly luring them into more enemies,while receiving almost no penalty for it,as these heavies are practically impenetrable to <T8 tanks. 

So each time I spot one of these aforementioned noobs,I will load gold and fire it without hesitation and pity.

Don't get this the wrong way. I get mad as fk when I'm clicked with HE,without having to put any skill in to it. (Unless it's arty,but that's a whole different point of view)

It's just a matter of time before HE noobs break the game. FV215b183 already started that trend several years ago,and guess what,it's expanding now. I'm sick of it.

"But you want to know what takes literally no skill? Just clicking on a random spot on enemy armour to deal damage, regardless of damage dealt upon it. Might as well use the common idiot excuse, implying that "I shoot HE so I can damage even somewhat" ". 

​Though it isn't as if you can shoot HE randomly and get good damage, you still have to aim at weak spots to get the damage because after a 17 second reload to only get 150 damage is not a very fun thing. 

​And yes, HE is useful for weeding out in trenched Russian tanks with turrets that are invulnerable to just about everything else. Why not use it? 

lnfernaI #11 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27229 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 09 May 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

you still have to aim.

No,you don't.

Also,these things practically never roll <400,unless RNG decides to land the shell on a spot of extreme thickness. I after all,know this from my own experience,as I haven't used the 12.8 on my Rhm,and rather the 15 cm with it's fear and alpha capability.

Edited by lnfernaI, 09 May 2018 - 09:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users