Jump to content


If a player is good enough in Frontline mode, can one of its rental tank be REALLY his tank that can...

rental tank big question frontline mode Not a fortnite

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Legend1466 #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 875 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

Let's say I belonged to one of best 1000 players and suddenly the most played rental tank for frontline mode becomes fully normal tank that can be used in any battle.

 

Would this likely happen or? :confused:



PauI #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24226 battles
  • 342
  • [BV-S] BV-S
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
sounds fun ....not

Strappster #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:51 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostLegend1466, on 07 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Would this likely happen or? :confused:

 

Or.

 

That's to say it's never happened in the past but these days, who knows? But I'm pretty sure it'll be or as you'd think there'd be some sort of announcement to encourage players to play the mode if it were otherwise.

 

Would you really want to play a tier 8 tank with a crew that might be 100% but have no skills in tanks that you don't have the credits to buy equipment for against experienced players in tier 10 tanks that are fully equipped, many with improved equipment and running food? ;)



Geno1isme #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,559
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Sorry, what?

 

Those rental tanks are identical to the techtree versions, so chance for them to become regular tanks is practically zero. No money to earn for WG with that.



_Sensation_ #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6045 battles
  • 280
  • [OMNI] OMNI
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
No ofcourse not

mollethepro #6 Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8036 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    12-01-2014
sory for my bad england but i am no understood what you say to me now. give me understood again please.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44099 battles
  • 328
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
What is Frontline?

Strappster #8 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 07 May 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

What is Frontline?

 

Returning game mode for tier 8 only, 30 vs. 30, larger game map but you only play over sectors to win an advantage and open up the next sector. Attackers have to destroy pillboxes to win, defenders have to stop them. All players choose 5 tier 8 tanks to take in because there are limited respawns along with consumables such as airstrikes and arty barrages.

 

Basically it's a new game mode and new content that allows the players to try and test new mechanics yet most of them will ignore all that in favour of posting on here about how WG never does anything but grab for cash.



Dosjer007 #9 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 574 battles
  • 331
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View Postmollethepro, on 07 May 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

sory for my bad england but i am no understood what you say to me now. give me understood again please.

 

Lol



fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44099 battles
  • 328
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostStrappster, on 07 May 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

Returning game mode for tier 8 only, 30 vs. 30, larger game map but you only play over sectors to win an advantage and open up the next sector. Attackers have to destroy pillboxes to win, defenders have to stop them. All players choose 5 tier 8 tanks to take in because there are limited respawns along with consumables such as airstrikes and arty barrages.

 

Basically it's a new game mode and new content that allows the players to try and test new mechanics yet most of them will ignore all that in favour of posting on here about how WG never does anything but grab for cash.

Thx for clarifying. Are there some over the top rewards?



Strappster #11 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 07 May 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Thx for clarifying. Are there some over the top rewards?

 

Some ranks and badges, personal reserves, couple of hundred bonds, that sort of thing. Bottom of this page if you want to know more.

 

I think there's a lot in this mode that we'd be testing for WG. The thing I'm most intrigued by is the smokescreen mechanic.

 

Block Quote

 Smoke Screen

 

Five smoke grenades are fired into the specified area (200 to 50 metres). The smoke screen lasts 30 seconds; it blocks the view and conceals vehicles within the specified zone. Vehicles within the smoke screen have 2/3 of the View Range value. The Smoke Screen will be most effective for concealing allies from enemy fire or for making a safe spotting position. Players will earn experience when concealed allies cause damage to enemy vehicles.

 

 



NoobySkooby #12 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6813 battles
  • 666
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Rental tanks? That could be a wicked business venture:trollface:

Strappster #13 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostNoobySkooby, on 07 May 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Rental tanks? That could be a wicked business venture:trollface:

 

Players on NA used to be able to rent premium tanks for up to 7 days so they could try before buying. That was in the days when there were two servers and promos ran all the time in an effort to attract more players.

 

It's been suggested multiple times here but to no avail, the perception is that WG already make enough from premium tank sales to not have to worry about people not buying them if they can't try them first.



malachi6 #14 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48582 battles
  • 3,083
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Thinly veiled, Gimme thread?  I want an e25 can I have because of reasons?

Strappster #15 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postmalachi6, on 07 May 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thinly veiled, Gimme thread?  I want an e25 can I have because of reasons?

 

I took it as an honest enquiry from someone who doesn't know and is willing to ask. I don't blame him, I can remember wondering the same sort of thing back when I was a new player, whether there might be bonus prizes available from special modes rather than a bunch of xp locked to a tier 1 tank that we'd have to pay to free up.

malachi6 #16 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48582 battles
  • 3,083
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostStrappster, on 07 May 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

I took it as an honest enquiry from someone who doesn't know and is willing to ask. I don't blame him, I can remember wondering the same sort of thing back when I was a new player, whether there might be bonus prizes available from special modes rather than a bunch of xp locked to a tier 1 tank that we'd have to pay to free up.

 

Fair do's I guess.  Just there is no such thing as a free lunch and if a thing looks to  good to be true it almost always is.  You don't need to play a game to have life experience.

 

Besides, apologies to Legend.



Strappster #17 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23556 battles
  • 8,745
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postmalachi6, on 07 May 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Fair do's I guess.  Just there is no such thing as a free lunch and if a thing looks to  good to be true it almost always is.  You don't need to play a game to have life experience.

 

I just did exactly the same thing in another thread. It's this forum, man, it gets under your skin. :sceptic:



Dr_ownape #18 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40613 battles
  • 5,136
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
you can play them in randoms

Legend1466 #19 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 875 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostDr_ownape, on 07 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

you can play them in randoms

 

It doesn't actually

Balc0ra #20 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,361
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostLegend1466, on 08 May 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

It doesn't actually

 

Considering they are in the tech tree as normal tanks... yes you can in a way.  Tho as for keeping them as premiums? If we did, for even top 1000. I doubt I would play anyone of them. I already have the T-44-100. And the T32 with sub 200 pen is useless vs even tier 8 super heavies with 220mm weakspot armor. So then the T34 is better actually. Even with the bad DPM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users